Secret Celeb Gossip #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Olivia Coleman - I was watching an old episode of The Office last night. Pretty much the same in that as well.

Claire Foy was marvellous in The Crown. OC was so miscast.

They also used Charles Dance in the earlier series but should have saved him up to play the elderly Duke of Edinburgh.
I think part of the problem in The Crown was that the original cast were just so good that they were a hard act to follow. I feel the same about HBC. Her portrayal of Margaret isnt a patch on Vanessa Kirby and Tobias Menzies hasnt even had a full story that I can remember. I quite like OC but just see OC every time. Re Hugh Grant. Hes fab in Florence Foster Jenkins.

Reactions: 6
Olivia Coleman - I was watching an old episode of The Office last night. Pretty much the same in that as well.

Claire Foy was marvellous in The Crown. OC was so miscast.

They also used Charles Dance in the earlier series but should have saved him up to play the elderly Duke of Edinburgh.
Totally agree, surely they could have made Claire Foy look older? I thought she was wonderful

Reactions: 7
She’s overdue a dame-hood, surely.
Agree.
I seem to remember some beef at the time regarding Virginia Bottomley who was, at that time, something in the Dept of Health:

Anne Diamond was a grieving mother yet still trying to help others, so of course didn't care too much about political point scoring; the government wanted her to shut up basically as she was making them look bad because (correct me if wrong) it turned out that they had the information, from studies in New Zealand, but had not put it out publicly in Britain. :mad:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I think part of the problem in The Crown was that the original cast were just so good that they were a hard act to follow. I feel the same about HBC. Her portrayal of Margaret isnt a patch on Vanessa Kirby and Tobias Menzies hasnt even had a full story that I can remember. I quite like OC but just see OC every time. Re Hugh Grant. Hes fab in Florence Foster Jenkins.
I so agree!!. They were perfect in The Crown 1 and 2. Series 3 was woeful! Not as gripping!

Reactions: 1
Am I the only person in the Universe who has never seen The Crown (or Game of Thrones for that matter)?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Just seen that Gogglebox vicar on the telly. She’s a shark eyed fucker isn’t she? Looks like she’d trample over her granny to be first.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That vicar seems determined to be famous. She was on a programme with other “celebs” a while back walking a pilgrim’s way. What a moaner.

It’s like GPs - they all seem to want to be tv docs these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I didn’t know it was that. I didn’t think there was anything funny about her, just the way they’d written. Didn’t occur to me it was to provoke mocking. I feel bad finding it funny now.
They use click throughs to articles to sell advertising on the website, so they dont care what they print, the nastier the better just as long as people click through the site. There are certain articles they know will provoke people into making comments under every single article. They know pictures of women looking slightly disheveled etc will get the trolls out to comment, and then they use all the website clicks to persuade advertisers to pay for ads on their site. It's the same business model as cdan, who publish any old nonsense sent in.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.