Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will be a week tomorrow so side effects are still fresh in my head. I had bad tiredness and horrible nausea on first 2 days, I was thinking thank god I’m not in work. Since then I get some nausea once a day but it doesn’t last too long at all - I drink a bottle of water when I get sicky not sure if that’s what helps or not. So yeah first 2 days I was a bit worried too but been fine since!
This is a huge help - thank you 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Really weird I am in week 16 and changed my diet slightly to reduce carbs over the last 2 weeks. My appetite has now completely disappeared. I've had 600 kcal today and having to force food in. Not sure how this has suddenly happened after so long!?
Could be the low carb! have you been at 3mg for a while? The reading I’ve done has said it takes about 3 months to get the full magic of the drug

Hey 😊 I started yesterday and was absolutely fine, but today I had such a sore head and sickness.
I was wondering how long the side effects lasted for others? Worried I felt so bad today on the lowest dosage. Thanks x
I had some initial sickness but it does pass after a few days, drink small sips of water to help with the nausea 🙂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey 😊 I started yesterday and was absolutely fine, but today I had such a sore head and sickness.
I was wondering how long the side effects lasted for others? Worried I felt so bad today on the lowest dosage. Thanks x
I’m on day 21. I find sickness days are few and far between. I tend to get a bit iffy on days where my dose ups but that’s it

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Could be the low carb! have you been at 3mg for a while? The reading I’ve done has said it takes about 3 months to get the full magic of the drug
Maybe so! I followed the dosage plan so have been at 3mg for 11 weeks I suppose, which sounds about right. I need to make sure I keep eating regularly though to keep my metabolism up.

I have found that on days where I hardly ate I don’t loose anything. You really need to force yourself to eat even when you don’t feel like. I remember complaining to my friend I wasn’t loosing and she said I wasn’t eating enough. I didn’t believe her. But sure enough as soon as I started eating more I started loosing! I’m 10lb down and on day 21. Due to go up another dose tomorrow but think I’ll try and stick with the 1.8 for a while longer

Have been on Saxenda since 1st February - today I went up to 3mg again as the last time I did this when the dosage increased weekly I felt terribly nausea for 10 days so dropped back down to 2.8mg. I know I have been partying etc due to Jubilee, birthdays, etc and I'm off to Ascot on Friday but I haven't lost any more weight. I thought going up to the 3mg might just help. We shall see. But overall I have lost 1.5 stones since 1st February and I feel fantastic! I also suffer with PCOS so it is great to know it does work for us sufferers.

Can I ask has anyone bruised from the injection? I hadn’t until the last 4 days now Ive got itchy bruises

On day two and the dizziness and tiredness are horrible😭i have been doing it at night and it seems to hit about 3 in the afternoon would doing my injection in the morning instead help?

On day two and the dizziness and tiredness are horrible😭i have been doing it at night and it seems to hit about 3 in the afternoon would doing my injection in the morning instead help?
I prefer doing it in the morning personally, feel it working around lunch/dinner time which suits me, maybe give it a go to see if it helps?

Another pound down today yay!

I also prefer in morning, feel it’s full effectiveness has kicked in by late afternoon/early evening which stops me picking at night.

Anyone wondering about taking saxenda on holiday- do it! I got back last night from a 7 day all inclusive and I’ve lost 1.5lbs. Absolutely unheard of for me. Normally I stuff myself all holiday then feel huge and ashamed on the way home vowing to join a diet group . I wasn’t careful either. I still had an ice cream every day and 1 or 2 drinks. Still went to the buffet but I just found I was full up after half a plate. Was so freeing not to be thinking about food constantly and just enjoying the weather and being with my family rather than wondering what I’m going to eat next.

Reactions: 5
Hi just wondering if anyone has been able to get through the NHS? I have PCOS and really need to do something about my weight, I’m seriously concerned, it’s been creeping up and up for years and I’ve just had my second baby and none of the 7kg I gained while pregnant has come off even though I’m breastfeeding. I don’t binge eat or eat from boredom, although I have sugar cravings. I’ve done weight watchers and slimming world more times than you can count and never manage to lose more than a stone then I plateau and because I’m not losing I give up. I was referred to the dietician when I was diagnosed but all it was was support classes online which I didn’t bother with as I was already doing weight watchers. I just don’t know what else to try. I’m not sure I can really afford £250 a month for this, it’s not out the realms of possibility but it’s very expensive and I have a lot to lose (at least 7 stone).
ETA I had enquired about further weight loss support when I was diagnosed with PCOS but they said it was non-insulin resistant PCOS because my blood sugar was fine? Which I don’t entirely get as apparently it’s quite rare to have the lean PCOS and the people who have that are…lean 🤨 so basically telling me my weight was nothing to do with PCOS. It doesn’t look like I fit the criteria for an NHS prescription as I don’t have high blood pressure or pre diabetes or anything…yet all I was told during pregnancy was how fat I was

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hi just wondering if anyone has been able to get through the NHS? I have PCOS and really need to do something about my weight, I’m seriously concerned, it’s been creeping up and up for years and I’ve just had my second baby and none of the 7kg I gained while pregnant has come off even though I’m breastfeeding. I don’t binge eat or eat from boredom, although I have sugar cravings. I’ve done weight watchers and slimming world more times than you can count and never manage to lose more than a stone then I plateau and because I’m not losing I give up. I was referred to the dietician when I was diagnosed but all it was was support classes online which I didn’t bother with as I was already doing weight watchers. I just don’t know what else to try. I’m not sure I can really afford £250 a month for this, it’s not out the realms of possibility but it’s very expensive and I have a lot to lose (at least 7 stone).
ETA I had enquired about further weight loss support when I was diagnosed with PCOS but they said it was non-insulin resistant PCOS because my blood sugar was fine? Which I don’t entirely get as apparently it’s quite rare to have the lean PCOS and the people who have that are…lean 🤨 so basically telling me my weight was nothing to do with PCOS. It doesn’t look like I fit the criteria for an NHS prescription as I don’t have high blood pressure or pre diabetes or anything…yet all I was told during pregnancy was how fat I was
I haven’t but just wanted to say that 5 pens would last you nearly 2 months when you’re first starting out and there’s a welcome offer with boots and I think you can get them for £180. Some people don’t follow the dosing plan to make the pens last a bit longer which if it works for you then there’s no harm in it!

Do you follow the Facebook group? There are a few people who seem to have had it through the nhs but it seems very area dependant

I haven’t but just wanted to say that 5 pens would last you nearly 2 months when you’re first starting out and there’s a welcome offer with boots and I think you can get them for £180. Some people don’t follow the dosing plan to make the pens last a bit longer which if it works for you then there’s no harm in it!

Do you follow the Facebook group? There are a few people who seem to have had it through the nhs but it seems very area dependant
Thanks. What’s the name of the Fb group?

4lbs off this week and a new low for the last 2 years 💃🏻 so glad it’s working after a restart, bought another 5 pens to keep me going

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.