Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kaycee

Hey! I’m on week two now. Upped to 1.2 for my dose. So far I’ve lost 3kg…I’m actually really pleased with that as I didn’t think I was feeling anything from it. Beginning to feel a little nausea now. But excited to see potential results

• Heart
Reactions: 4

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Yes it definitely helps. I’ve had to order new uniform for work as my trousers were so loose I was starting to look like a clown and flashing my knickers like I was a teenage boy 😂 I lost loads really quickly on keto once before but this feels different, it feels much more maintainable doing it slower and noticing the changes in my body rather than just the sudden drops I was seeing on keto. Feeling very positive about it all.

If 1.2 or 1.2 + clicks is working for you don’t rush up to 1.8. Slower steps might help reduce the nausea until you get there too. Going to 2.4 has been awful for me 🤮

MISSMURDER

1lb away from a stone, was mean to be full dose from sunday but there was a delay in my delivery so ill up it this sunday instead, hopefully from there itll be more consistant,

Exhausted Pigeon

VIP Member
Ooo loads of us seemingly starting at the same time. My first jab was yesterday morning and I also felt a bit bleurgh by lunchtime and then no real appetite. Today I'm much less hungry than usual. I also thought it might be the placebo effect so didn't post anything.

Let's do this! 💉

muffintop13

Chatty Member
Just updating as it's now been two weeks since I started. Funny how I moaned about feeling nothing on 0.6 because going up to 1.2 has been a lot more intense! I have been totally uninterested in eating and I've lost 7lbs! Before taking Saxenda it would take me a month to lose 4 and then one day out and I'd gain it all back. I am hopeful a loss will continue on 1.2 for a bit as it's so expensive and I've got 80lbs to lose.

Sending everyone good luck vibes for the coming week!

I wanted to ask too, has anyone spoken to their GP about going on it? I know that getting a prescription through the GP will probs be impossible as although I fit the BMI requirements for it, I'm not diabetic or anything, but I would like to have a chat with my doctor, and maybe get him in the know so that I can get them to run tests if I feel unwell at any point (touch wood this doesn't happen, but the pancreas issues really do scare me).

I am wondering if anyone has done this, and if so, did your GP try to dissuade you from using it? Were they supportive? I have rarely used much medicine at all (except literally ibuprofen and the odd bit here and there) all my life, so I suppose it might be reassuring to hear from my doctor about it.
I spoke to my gp, (1st conversation was awful. Phone call with a male locum doctor who just said "no, you're not diabetic ".)
2nd time was a face to face with one of the practice doctors. She was amazing!! Said it was approved for weight loss by the GMC but the PCT was not releasing funding so she couldn't prescribe it - if that changes she would be happy to. Sent me for full blood tests so she could keep an eye on me and then referred me back to weight management clinic "just incase". 😊

• Heart

triggeredbyelephants

I’ve been thinking about it a lot over the past few days & would like to give it a try but am suddenly seeing loads about so-called “Ozempic face”, basically where your face gets wrinkly and saggy from the rapid weight loss! Obviously this is the last thing I want to happen! Does anyone have any experience with this? I guess it depends on your age too?
I haven’t heard of Ozempic face, however loose skin in general is widely attributed to quick weight loss, so I wouldn’t necessarily link it solely to Ozempic ☺

Sienna1

I managed to collect them from boots today! I called yesterday and they said they had just got the stock in, so went this morning and they said I’d already picked them up! I obviously hadn’t. They sorted it in the end but the whole process with boots was annoying, worth it for the 20% off though. I’ve been on 0.6 for weeks and not really losing anything so now I’ve got a new stock of pens will up the dose. Hoping to lose another 2 stone, I’m 5 stone down from my heaviest so feel like I’ve lost a lot of the motivation 🤦🏻‍♀️

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I am looking to restart.
I had terrible vomiting and sulphur burps even on 1.2mg dose.
Has anyone had the same? Did anything help? Is it just a phase that I need to push through? Thanks!
0.6mg to 1.2mg made me vomit (with no nausea, just vomiting out of nowhere) so I went back to 0.6 and just added a few clicks every day until I was back to 1.2mg. Then I did 1.2mg + 5 clicks for a few days until I was at 1.8mg. I’ve stuck at 1.8 for now as that’s what’s working. I’ve never had the sulphur burps but get nausea some days so I keep some sugar free polos in my bag and just have one of them. Seems to ease it for a while.

To those worrying about asking your doctor or getting a prescription online don’t feel embarrassed. You wouldn’t think twice about asking for help with anything else. WFH through the pandemic and beyond, the massive change in lifestyle we all had forced upon us and then the return to normal has had such an impact on so many peoples relationships with food. There is no shame in asking for support with that. It’s a medication, it works. If it kickstarts you to having a healthy relationship with food then it’s totally worth it.

• Heart

Greenlentils

VIP Member
Hey, I take metformin but I was off it for a while as my new GP practise weren’t keen on giving it for anything other than diabetes. Found I gained more weight than expected being off it.
I was referred to an endocrinologist when I had concerns about my weight gain 3/4 years ago and seen them but all they said was you have pcos, to lose weight and come back when I want to get pregnant. Now they won’t see me until I lose weight. That’s when I went private this year and they also just said ‘lose weight’ It was such a waste of money. Neither would even tell me what type of pcos I had, or anything about it so just trying to educate myself x
Just catching up on this thread so it might've been mentioned (I'll edit my post if it does!) but have you looked into Myo-Inositol? It's meant to be good for insulin resistance and PCOS, as well as general fertility and IVF. I'm not formally diagnosed with PCOS but have my suspicions and a lot of the symptoms but inositol is noticeably helping with regulating my periods and also sugar cravings

Hi guys, I had an unexpected windfall last month and have been debating what to do with it.

I decided I would love to go on the holiday of a lifetime, somewhere I've never been before, something amazing to look forward to. I'm looking at June next year, and I would love to go on that holiday being fit and healthy, instead of being fat and unhealthy. Size 18 - 20 but sshh don't tell anyone.

I googled gastric bands/sleeves/bypass surgery and the side effects horrified me. I also can't contemplate anything that involves inpatient surgery - childcare and work would be affected, and the less people know, the better. The price also horrified me - but Saxenda, although pricey, isn't over the top and I can justify it - I think. My husband wouldn't approve, but this is MY money and MY body.

Would I better saving my money and trying to eat less and move more? Or does Saxenda actually work?

Any advice/comments welcome.
A year is a long time to make a difference! I don't take Saxenda, nor will I but I am interested in it and have done a lot of research on it (I work in a pharmaceuticals-adjacent job and tbh just like to research for fun, geek - i know!)

Ultimately, the only form of fat loss worth doing is something that is sustainable and that you can keep up after you've lost the desired amount.

Healthy, sustainable weight loss should be roughly 1 - 2 pounds a week. 43 weeks until June 2023 so that's 43 - 86 lbs (roughly 3 - 6 stone) in under a year!

I'm larger than yourself but have been calorie/macro counting and walking / working out more and have lost around 2 stone since march. It's coming off slowly but I feel healthier than I ever have, and it's just going to keep getting better.

Last edited:
  • Heart

SingingMonkeyTunes

I'm meant to be out on an all-day session today but I've lied and said I'm on antibiotics so can't drink, but will go and drive. I tried and failed to drink more than 2 pints in the past and don't want to wreck the day by feeling sick. I don't feel comfortable telling my wider group of friends that I'm on Sax yet.

I'm waiting for the 8 stone loss and big reveal maybe 🤣

Exhausted Pigeon

VIP Member
Only a few days but it’s settling down now. I’ve lost 12lbs in three weeks!
That's great, almost worth all the crap!

I’ve gone up to 2.4 now because I was starting to feel hungry. But I’m not sure now if it was actual hunger or just because I wasn’t eating enough (2 meals a day and no snacks - toast for breakfast, salad and 2 boiled eggs for lunch or pasta for dinner but never both). Been on 2.4 for about 4 days and feel like crap but going to persevere. If I still feel rubbish by the weekend I’m going to drop back a few clicks.

On a more positive note I’ve had several compliments over the past week about how well I look/how much better I’m looking/how much I’ve lost which has given me a boost.
It was lack of food that triggered my migraine, I just had no appetite but felt OK. Then I went to the gym and my body just went HELL NO WOMAN! Lesson learned. I just didn't realise how little I had eaten.

Hope you find the right balance, compliments always make things easier I find.

hereforalaugh38

Hello! I’m joining you again, I stopped about 2 months ago and have lost precisely nothing 😂😂 I haven’t gained either but I still want to lose weight for my wedding and this seems to be the only thing that really does the job! Just placed my order with Asda so hoping to start Monday/Tuesday 🤞

Dub2020

Hi all, I am in Ireland and don’t know how to go about getting these injections or a tablet preferable for weight loss ( any suggestions welcome) I have asked my gp to prescribe it and she said no :( my bmi is high but she just outright said no and for me to eat more veg. If only it was that simple eh !! Iv asked twice and both times refused rudely so trying to source it elsewhere but don’t know how to go about it. I’m also looking for a price if anybody knows , I just bought a house so funds are low so hoping it’s not mad money !! any advice appreciated please xx
You can self refer to the bariatric clinic in St. Vincents Private Hospital. Initial cost is dear due to attending a consultant but worth it IMO as they are experts in the field and will lay out the pros and cons of all the options to help you make an informed decision.

brandambassador

VIP Member
Really hoping for more approvals re other meds . I have MS over a decade so there’s no way I can go on anything that new even though I’m watching my sister in law so happy loosing weight! I’m just struggling trying to watch calories but we have a busy 2 year old and are also on a surrogacy journey for our second so we are on strict budgets and it probably wouldn’t be affordable anyway! But I love following you all here and wish you all luck ❤

• Heart

janedoughball

Thanks so much ladies! I’m just so anxious as what to say to definitively get my gp to prescribe. I’m not prepared for a no! I’m based in north Dublin, is anyone else from around here? Thanks so so much! I’m absolutely dying to get approved and get started! Have my gp appointment on Monday now!

brandambassador

VIP Member
I asked my neurologist Friday would there ever be a day he thinks that it might be prescribed for people with a neurological condition like me (I have MS) as I am struggling so much with weight. He said it’s unlikely, especially as some people report a slow down in their bowel movements that really if anything with a muscle wall slows down it would be contraindicated to someone like me who is on meds for my muscle contractures as it is. I also have a colostomy bag. So I’ll have to research some other route. Slimming world before my wedding 6 years ago fucked my head up & I’m just struggling. X

• Heart

theeyeroller

VIP Member
I could not lose weight for two years after the two stone I gained on anti depressants . Anti depressants have ruined my ability to lose weight , didn’t matter what I did ....I didn’t gain but I didn’t lose .
Saxenda has helped me massively and it’s made me feel so much better and I’ve lost weight . I feel great and it’s helped my confidence . I’ve been on 1.2 for a few weeks and haven’t increased and still losing weight . The money I would have spent on food etc breaks even with what I spend on Saxenda . It’s your body and your choice . But from me the biggest cynic .....it’s worked and been worth it
That’s amazing. I only started on Thursday but I feel so much better already. To be honest it’s worth it just to not be constantly worrying about or planning food! I’m finding I can eat whatever I like, just a lot less of it. Looks like I’m already 7 lbs down as well. I know a lot of people will be judgemental but I have spent the last 9 years struggling with my weight yoyoing and I’ve had enough. I have two children who don’t sleep well so juggling that alongside work and always putting everyone before myself means I often reached for sugary things, quick fix meals and takeaways. Saxenda is definitely stopping my cravings and the urge to grab sweet things. The only side effect I have so far is a slight metallic taste in my mouth and the constant urge to drink water, although I am prepared for further side effects especially when I up the dose.

• Heart