Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys, I have started saxenda. Where do people get spare needle heads? I wasted a few bleeping about with it.

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone.. so my cardiologist suggested I try Semaglutide... which is another name for ozempic..

But I can't afford it ... does anyone know if it will be available on the medical card ?

I work but get the medical card as I have a chronic long term illness. But unfortunately wouldn't be able to afford it at the min x

I think in Ireland it's only available on medical aid for diabetes. Maybe talk to your consultant?

I think in Ireland it's only available on medical aid for diabetes. Maybe talk to your consultant?
The consultant today said to talk to my gp about it but that its €150 a month... I was too embarrassed to say to him I can't afford it..

But I'll mention it to my gp next week when I'm there x

Hi guys, I have started saxenda. Where do people get spare needle heads? I wasted a few bleeping about with it.
I got my first lot in the pharmacy I got the pens, but ordered the same products on Amazon, not a huge saving but every little helps

Hi guys,

Gp very reluctantly put me on ozempic…. I’m delighted yet super anxious re shortage! He only gave me 4 weeks and then I have to come back to him for another 4 week at same dosage before he will put me on higher,,. So 8 weeks at 0.25mg?
Any tips ladies? Should I take tonight or wait till morn?
Thanks all

Hi guys,

Gp very reluctantly put me on ozempic…. I’m delighted yet super anxious re shortage! He only gave me 4 weeks and then I have to come back to him for another 4 week at same dosage before he will put me on higher,,. So 8 weeks at 0.25mg?
Any tips ladies? Should I take tonight or wait till morn?
Thanks all
This late at night, I'd probably wait but each to their own! I have to say, I noticed after the first 5 weeks, I have been pretty much back to normal this past 2 weeks. Appetite back to previous levels, feeling hungry at same times as before and more frequently, can eat more again without feeling full on small portions etc. Trying to calorie count and not binge eat so have maintained the last fortnight but not lost anything (I'm still happy with this!) The 0.25 dose really only lasted the first month or so. Had hoped the effects would last longer.

Was back at my GP this week and she agreed, need to up dosage to 0.5... So see how you get on with the 0.25, hopefully no side effects but if towards the end of the 4 weeks, you feel the satiety effects are waning then be sure to say it to your GP. Really feel like this second month for me on 0.25 has been an expensive experiment 😂

Best of luck and let us know how you get on!

Oh no! And how much have you lost in total then? Are you exercising too?
Hopefully you get a greater result with the 0.5 🙏 such an expensive experiment but atleast no gain 🙏
Can I ask how many calories you’ve put yourself on also? Thanks so much ladies, yous are all toppers ☺

Oh no! And how much have you lost in total then? Are you exercising too?
Hopefully you get a greater result with the 0.5 🙏 such an expensive experiment but atleast no gain 🙏
Can I ask how many calories you’ve put yourself on also? Thanks so much ladies, yous are all toppers ☺
Down 12lbs which don't get me wrong, I am delighted with but that was all in the first 4 weeks when it dropped off without consciously having to battle cravings, hunger, counting cals or much exercise 😂

I am trying not to obsess over calories but when tracking I aim for 1600-1800 so I'm not starving (TDEE is 2200). Wine is my downfall at the weekend unfortunately so cutting that down to reduce cals. Have tendon inflammation in my foot so only light exercise although it's the eating I need to control really. Will ring pharmacy today re: 0.5mg.

Let us know how you get on!

Reactions: 2
No that’s brill, huge congratulations 🥳 have you much to loose? I have 3/4 stone to loose m, would be over the with 3!
It’s v hard CC, it stresses me out and I find any good that doesn’t have a barcode I don’t wanna eat and that’s not good!!
Wine is my down fall too 🥲 I’ve tried the low cal ones and they ain’t nice at all!

You poor thing with your foot!
Best of Luck with pharmacy today, let us know how you get on!

I’ve taken jab this morn and don’t really feel that much less hungry at all? Hoping it kicks in soon

If I'm drinking white/rose I'll half wine and half fizzy water or zero cal lemonade to get the taste and half the calories. Unfortunately I can't do the same with red ☹.

Congratulations for you're losses and sticking with it, I'm really inspired by everyone's stories.
I'm at my doctor's appointment tomorrow so hopefully it'll be more positive than last time.

Reactions: 2
Weighed in today as I’ll be away for the weekend and 2lbs so half a stone gone since restarting - 3 stone 5 total 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I increased my dose to 1.8 this morning, very little weight loss so far (basically none on 0.6, 2lb on 1.2) but the sick feeling has been so intense today that the idea of ever eating again sounds horrific 😂 hopefully that feeling settles soon enough and I can see some movement on the scales to justify accepting that I’m making this happen!

Reactions: 3
I've been on 0.6 since Friday so coming up half a week, my question is, if I'm not getting hungry on 0.6 do I stick with it or go up to 1.2?

Whats everyone's recommended time of day? I don't eat a lot in the mornings, evening snacks are my downfall so would I be better taking it later in the day? x

Whats everyone's recommended time of day? I don't eat a lot in the mornings, evening snacks are my downfall so would I be better taking it later in the day? x
I was taking mine at 9 but I was knackered and nauseous in the middle of the day so I've switched to 9 at night. Would be interested to know what time of day gets you the best loss.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.