Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just out of curiosity… Has anyone stayed at the same dosage?
Has anyone stopped and continued to lose weight slowly or maintained?

My issue with weight gain is the mental thoughts like making myself eat for the sake of it ( eating a lot of more heavier sugary things breads/biscuits/chocolate/using all the side sauces etc) not understanding I don’t need to eat because I’m watching tv or needing to have a big meal and finish with something sweet or just realising that people can go between breakfast dinner and tea without needing to eat in between…wondering if there’s anyone else out there who managed to get over that in their mind - maybe not worded the best!

Reactions: 2
If you don’t mind can you tell me how the process went with better weight clinic ? My own gp won’t prescribe it says they don’t know enough about it .. was it a face to face meeting etc ? Thanks 😊

QUOTE="caremum, post: 9833543, member: 333258"]
Hi girls, an Ozempic user here. Managed to duck up a whole pen in doing the injection wrong. So really at week 1. I got my perscription from better weight clinic. Absolutely no problem but E200 for appointment. Big issue was no demo in using the pen. Feel horrendous. Haven't been this ill since I was pregnant. Comes in waves. But apart from messed up month am now down 5 lbs in 6 days. Thrilled. SW is 194 lbs. GW is 161. But that is a long term goal. December maybe. I am making baby goals. It didn't creep up overnight so I need to be realistic especially at my age as at 52 nothing works. I do weight training twice a week. Looking for all the tips to get there.
[/QUOTE]

Has anyone suffered with trapped wind symptoms. Last two mornings around 4am I’ve had a bad belly thought it was to 💩 but it’s been trapped wind 😩

Has anyone suffered with trapped wind symptoms. Last two mornings around 4am I’ve had a bad belly thought it was to 💩 but it’s been trapped wind 😩
Yes! It’s bloody constant and been in agony with it. Never been so gassy in my life. Only ever had it once after a big surgery years ago and now getting it a few times a week. I’ve been drinking mugs of hot water which seems to be helping and a few folk have recommended peppermint cordial but not tried it.

feeling frustrated, i lost 10lb AT FIRST but for the past 3 weeks iv gained 1 to 2lb it keeps fluctuating between the 2 and not going down anymore, im on 2.4 and losing the will

It’s normal to have plateaus.

I stupidly had a break on Sax because of a plateau. All it did was make me gain weight rapidly and then plateau at the new weight.

I’m on Ozempic now and down 7lbs, though only started the full dose this week.

Reactions: 1
Started ozempic last week, have done 2 injections & I don’t think I can carry on with it I feel so so sick! Exhausted & nauseous all day. Making myself eat dry ryvita because I feel so sick the thought of food is making me wretch 🤢 honestly don’t think any weight loss is worth making myself this ill but am I being a wimp, should I just push through & finish the monthly course? Does it ease off? I lost 9lb in first week but couldn’t even feel happy about it with this nausea!!! I’m due to do jab 3 on Tuesday but I’m about to throw it in the bin today unless I hear any stories of hope from you lovely people!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Started ozempic last week, have done 2 injections & I don’t think I can carry on with it I feel so so sick! Exhausted & nauseous all day. Making myself eat dry ryvita because I feel so sick the thought of food is making me wretch 🤢 honestly don’t think any weight loss is worth making myself this ill but am I being a wimp, should I just push through & finish the monthly course? Does it ease off? I lost 9lb in first week but couldn’t even feel happy about it with this nausea!!! I’m due to do jab 3 on Tuesday but I’m about to throw it in the bin today unless I hear any stories of hope from you lovely people!
What dosage did you start on & are you eating enough food?

0.5 dose & im so sick I can’t eat!!! First day I threw up even coffee!
I’m on 1 but I was using saxenda before I swapped over. I’m not sure what to suggest for the sickness as only really experience this when I’m hungry but have not necessarily recognised it. Could you try shakes & sip on them until the nausea wears off & perhaps you can eat?

I have no idea what’s gone on but since last week I’ve lost nearly 10lb 😰 I’m on 3mg and have been for a few weeks, I’ve had a steady 2-3lb loss most other weeks except right at the start when there was more to lose but nothing like this. Nothing has changed at all this week, it doesn’t tie in with the end of a cycle or anything which I know can cause water weight loss, food has all been the same, no change in fluid intake etc. What’s going on 😰 I mean, I’ll take it 🤣 but it seems a lot in the space of 9 days for nearly 4 months in.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
0.5 dose & im so sick I can’t eat!!! First day I threw up even coffee!
The lowest Ozempic dosage is 0.25 which is what your GP probably should have started you on as a trial run then build up the dosage.

I know everyone is different but I'm almost 4 weeks in with only one episode of nausea which was purely my own fault for being gluttonous. Hoping if I continue and increase dosage that side effects remain minimal.

Perhaps go back to your GP and request the 0.25 and see if the side effects diminish?

Reactions: 1
Hi ☺ I’m ridiculously overweight thanks to mental health medication/steroids I also have chrohns disease would this be bad for someone with bowel disease? Thanks in advance! X

My friend with Chrohns is on Saxenda with her GP’s approval.
Okay thank you for answering ☺ I’ve just had a skim read on the thread how does it work coming from someone with experience I know there’s Google but I’d like to hear it from people who have personally done it. Do you go through your gp?!

Hello! I’m joining you again, I stopped about 2 months ago and have lost precisely nothing 😂😂 I haven’t gained either but I still want to lose weight for my wedding and this seems to be the only thing that really does the job! Just placed my order with Asda so hoping to start Monday/Tuesday 🤞

Reactions: 4
Welcome back. It’s good to hear you didn’t gain when you stopped, even though you didn’t lose either. Did your diet change? Appetite increase?

I’ve got 10 pens left and I know I should stop after that as I have lost a lot now and hurtling towards my target size, but I’m really worried about it. Already contemplating ordering another set of pens just so they’re there. So really interested to hear how your 2 months off it went.

Welcome back. It’s good to hear you didn’t gain when you stopped, even though you didn’t lose either. Did your diet change? Appetite increase?

I’ve got 10 pens left and I know I should stop after that as I have lost a lot now and hurtling towards my target size, but I’m really worried about it. Already contemplating ordering another set of pens just so they’re there. So really interested to hear how your 2 months off it went.
My appetite definitely increased and my diet initially did change because it always does whenever I stop some sort of plan - that’s half the problem! But once i got that out of my system it regulated, I feel like the appetite suppressant is a very small part of having the injections and the other effects is what makes the difference to me and helps me lose weight.

I’m looking forward to starting again at a lower weight and hope it does the job with the last stubborn stone! This time I intend to stay on it until my goal or healthy bmi

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.