Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

im_like_an_adult_cat

I've just placed my first order of Mounjaro from MedExpress 🤞🏻
Feeling slightly sick at how much I've just spent so I really hope it works!
My weight is affecting so many parts of my life, I just need to get my shit together!
Thanks to this thread for all the useful information and advice!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

caremum

VIP Member
Tables and chairs 2 lbs is a great loss weekly. I lost 50lbs but it took 11 months so on average a lb a week. Like you I have lost weight naturally in the past but my big issue was maintaining. I have held that weight loss over 12 months now. The reality is my dose is to help me hold this and I can swallow the €40 p.w. to do this. I weighed myself today a week after a big hol. I am exactly the same weight I was last August. I am not purging and binging. I have a pretty healthy relationship with food and eating out etc so its been a real breakthrough in my life. Its a marathon not a sprint. Imagine in another month you will be nearly 2 stone down. That is huge so be good to yourself.

Maybe you need to stop looking at food as the enemy. You do need to fuel your body to loose the weight too.

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Lost another pound so now I’m at 1st 3lb lost since I started in March. Very slow progress however most of it is since I went up to 1mg so it’s definitely kicking up a notch now. My stomach isn’t so round and clothes are fitting better 🙌🏻.

I’m currently counting click to 1.4mg but next week I’ll go up to 1.7 as I now feel ready (Wegovy)

Still have 4.5stone till I’m in a healthy weight range but whereas a normal diet I would find that so intimidating with wegovy I feel relaxed and happy to just take the days and weeks at a time! Life changing

• Heart

im_like_an_adult_cat

Day three for me after my first Mounjaro injection. Feel slightly 'sicky' but otherwise fine. I definitely don't feel as hungry, but it's made me realise how much I eat out of habit and boredom! I need to start putting less in my bag for work because I've eaten everything I packed today, even though I didn't really want it. I feel quite sick now.
I guess this is where I have to put the work in too, not just wait for it to magically happen!

• Heart

im_like_an_adult_cat

I’m having a struggle at the moment and hoped some of you might be able to relate or even offer some advice?!

I have now lost 2 stone 9lbs. Rationally, I know this is a significant loss. I can see my weight coming down steadily week by week. Some clothes are unwearably big. I should be happy and feeling great but I don’t. I just don’t see the change when I look in the mirror and still feel horrible about myself.

I guess that time will help but I just wondered if anyone else is having these feelings?
Years ago I lost a lot of weight, went from a size 20 to a 12. I could not get my head round me looking 'slimmer'. I remember going out on a boiling hot day wearing jeans and my trusty black cardigan. I cried because I was so hot but I wouldn't take my cover up cardi off.. It took my head a while to catch up with it.
Unfortunately, many years later I'm back at a size 20 again and looking at injections 😔

• Heart
  • Sad

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
Has anyone taken this just for weight loss + lied about weigh/BMI.

I'm not obese but definitely unhealthy weight and want to give it a go?
People have and ended up in hospital with severe side effects. It's the reason people who genuinely qualify are having to submit a lot more evidence to continue the medication.

• Heart

April Ludgate

Hey did my first ever MJ shot on Thursday and nothing 😔 I’m on day 3…. I’m absolutely starving and haven’t had any appetite suppressant. Cravings still there.
Started on 2.5mg pen and took the 0.6 shot.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Any positive stories?
I didn't feel much change for a couple of days and then I really noticed when I made one of my favourite dinners and not only ate about half of the normal portion but I also got a lot less enjoyment out of eating it. Usually I'd be wolfing it down and get that little dopamine rush but it was nothing like that. Don't get disheartened I'm sure it's different for all of us.

SnowFairy88

Just finished my first week on Wegovy (0.5) and it’s gone quite well :) Definitely noticed a reasonable appetite suppression but still managing to eat about 1700 cals a day over 3 meals! Just a lot easier to stop and actually feel full, I have skipped a couple of dinners and just had a protein shake instead kind of thing.

Side effects so far have been minimal, bit of nausea but that’s about it so far. I have lost about 1.5kg this week which tbh could also be a bit of natural variation but I have about 20kg to lose overall so not bad. I am hoping this will be a slow and steady type of thing which keeps my body healthy long term and the side effects down to a minimum. What I have noticed is nausea is worse if I don’t drink enough so I’m having one liquid IV (from Amazon) a day which is only 500mL but really helps stay hydrated.

Hope this is encouraging/helpful for people wondering about starting. I was terrified of the side effects and it destroying my health somehow because my BMI is 31 so although not ideal definitely not as high risk as others so the risk benefit question was hard for me for a while! So glad I have taken the plunge so far. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

• Heart

Squittel

VIP Member
I’ve just injected my first dose of Mounjaro. Think I did it correctly. I’ve got ADHD and I’m terrible with written instructions but I found a good tutorial on YouTube which helped a lot.

I also worked up the courage to weigh myself this morning. 17st 10. This was actually better than I thought it would be.

Wish me luck!
---
I’m going to take an antihistamine in the hope it helps as I feel wretched. Have been dry heaving all morning, had to turn my camera off in a teams meeting as I kept burping and heaving.
I’ve not eaten anything yet either which may be exacerbating the nausea but I just can’t face anything.
Hope you feel better soon! I’m sure once your body gets used to it it will ease off.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Super happy for you! Thank you for the info! I think I am going to look into Wegovy. Just for a few months to shed the stubborn weight and I hope within that time I create healthy habits. Also, If I am going to spend that much money I am going to make it worth white and not put the pounds back on!

Good luck with your journey! X
This isn't what you want to hear and I get that. But I would caution going on the medication just for a few months. Side effects and risks aside, It can take a few months for the meds to actually become effective as you move up to the therapeutic doses (i.e for you to see significant weight loss etc). So you may end up spending many hundreds of pounds for three months worth of medication without seeing much change.

I really empathise with your struggles around food and weight. Have you visited the general weight loss thread here on tattle? It's a super lovely and supportive thread.

• Heart

rainbowhouse

VIP Member
I want to start on Mounjaro but not sure if I can afford it based off my food bill monthly. The only way I can afford it is by decreasing my food bill basically.
When you all started out on the 2.5 did you find you actually ate considerably less?
My issue was snacking. Even if you factor in one snack a day, that’s £28 a month. Plus one bottle of wine a week, £20. That’s almost half the injection. Then consider maybe the odd takeaway or whatever. Obviously I still have to feed my family but I’ve still noticed the difference in my spending.

Babysnark

So I've just hit 4 months on wegovy and I'm at just over 20 lbs loss 🥰

Feels not huge compared to some of the stats I see, but I'm so much more confident in myself and know that it's a marathon not a sprint.

However, going up to 1.7 mg this month was an absolute killer compared to the previous 3 doses. The only side effect I had up to this point was a bit of constipation, on the latest dose my nausea was out of control some days so I could barely eat. I know people mentioned antihistamines but these didn't help me unfortunately.

I'm going back down to 1mg for a month and will report if I continue to lose or if I stall.

Appreciate reading everyone's experiences on this journey 💕

• Heart

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
The quickest way to get needles might be to pop to a pharmacy in the morning. They'll have them and you can jab tommrow. Posted ones will take a few days

It'll probably be fine, but can you not pop it in the back of the fridge behind some random jars that no one will touch?
Or buy something like tomato puree in a box and use the box for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

petitspois

VIP Member
I did 5 months alone, just changing my thinking around food and drink (alcohol was also becoming an issue for me) and now almost two months on Wegovy. I'm actually now eating like I presume how thin people without a weight problem eat. I'm enjoying food but not overeating, I'm eating what I want but also considering health (as opposed to just calories). The days of grabbing some bread and cheese as a snack or eating a whole pizza seem to have long gone. I have a long way to go but it's a wonderful feeling.

• Heart

kittypaws

VIP Member
I’ve just done my first injection and am SO relieved! I was so nervous about doing it wrong and putting the needle in and was amazing how it just pops into your skin 🤣

What can I expect over the next week?

• Heart
  • Haha

PinkandTwinkly

Pm
Good luck, and don't overthink it.
My advise would be to make sure you stay hydrated. However much water you think you need to drink, drink more x
For me, it's be don't read too much into what people post in crazy arse FB groups. 800-1000 calories is not healthy for an adult. Full stop

I have also have changed the way I think about food and diets. Previously my diets would be as much as I could and diet food, low cal everything. I'd happily scarfe 4 or 5 low cal snacks and still want more. But it was okay as it fitted in my calories.

I can physically eat less food, but still want to eat a decent amout of calories, so am eating real food just smaller portions and mainly as meals not snacks.
Im cooking with olive oil not fry light, I'm having full fat Greek yoghurt with my oats rather that a muller light for breakfast.
If I want some choc after dinner, I'll have a couple squares off proper chocolate and it's leaving me happily satisfied as opposed to a low cal snack bar which didn't and often lead to a binge
I even had a small portion or curry and rice last night, but with one onion bajhi (not 3 or 4) and a small roti (not a massive stuffed Naan)

I don't think diet culture has been particularly healthy for my binge brain, so working on changing that.

Oh and drink water. MJ is dehydrating.

• Heart

Libbub

VIP Member
Day 5 on MJ and I couldn't resist stepping on the scales.......I've lost 3 pounds. The only difference I've had is I feel full quickly at dinner time but the rest of the time it's business as usual. I honestly thought I'd wasted my money as i was feeling nothing......I'm really impatient and that's been my trouble with weighloss if I don't see results fast I give up. Felt a little icky first couple of days, maybe a 4 out of 10. But it passed through the day. Feeling a bit more positive about it all l.

mindlessness

VIP Member
I’ve had to stop Mounjaro I’m absolutely gutted
Ended up in hospital with severe constipation
I took Ozempic before starting the Mounjaro and don’t remember having any stomach issues but it was non stop stomach upset with mounjaro. I need something though as my hunger is through the roof . I’m having tons of carb and sugar cravings. Would people recommend going back to the Ozempic?
Definitely try and chat to your GP to debrief re your hospital admission/what to do next. But if Wegovy/Ozempic was causing less side effects I would maybe consider returning to it. I am very happy on it with no side effects and continued weight loss just over a year in.
---
For me, it's be don't read too much into what people post in crazy arse FB groups. 800-1000 calories is not healthy for an adult. Full stop

I have also have changed the way I think about food and diets. Previously my diets would be as much as I could and diet food, low cal everything. I'd happily scarfe 4 or 5 low cal snacks and still want more. But it was okay as it fitted in my calories.

I can physically eat less food, but still want to eat a decent amout of calories, so am eating real food just smaller portions and mainly as meals not snacks.
Im cooking with olive oil not fry light, I'm having full fat Greek yoghurt with my oats rather that a muller light for breakfast.
If I want some choc after dinner, I'll have a couple squares off proper chocolate and it's leaving me happily satisfied as opposed to a low cal snack bar which didn't and often lead to a binge
I even had a small portion or curry and rice last night, but with one onion bajhi (not 3 or 4) and a small roti (not a massive stuffed Naan)

I don't think diet culture has been particularly healthy for my binge brain, so working on changing that.

Oh and drink water. MJ is dehydrating.
I second your whole post! Eating real foods not diet foods & getting in a proper amount of calories is really important. I want to change my lifestyle long term and that means overly restrictive dieting is not the answer. I've not avoided any food groups and I just aim for nutritional balance, eating in moderation & much more mindfully.

• Heart