Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I keep seeing scare stories in the news (particularly the daily mail- which I know I shouldn’t read haha) and my first dose is arriving tomorrow and it’s scaring me to death! 😱
There are risks associated with taking any medication and tbf this one is relatively new so who knows ..... But I've found that my health has improved significantly since taking MJ.

There's no winning with the daily mail - they will make you feel crap about anything you do. If you were murdered they'd only be reporting the cost of your house (inaccurately)

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Woodoo

Chatty Member
So I’ve been on Wegovy now since February, and I’m finally almost at my target weight, 2 stone gone so far (it’s been slow and steady for me). I’m so happy, but also super worried to come off Wegovy incase I pile it back on! Is anyone else feeling like this? I can’t afford to stay on a maintenance dose for long either. Just hoping my stomach has shrunk enough that I won’t be able to eat as much as I used to anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Lurkerlurker2019

Chatty Member
Just completed my first week on Mounjaro 2.5mg, and I'm 7lbs down. I'm super happy with that! I have around 5 stone (70lbs) to lose so in it for the long haul, but I'm feeling positive and looking forward to a new week 👊👊

• Heart
Reactions: 10

petitspois

VIP Member
I completely understand people who have slow losses and are disappointed. The drugs cost a lot and we see lots of other people having significant losses from the off so it's partly envy and partly disappointment. It is what it is though as I think we all know - we just vent here as I guess we're all in the same boat.

• Heart

Libbub

VIP Member
Good luck!!!
Thank you I'm excited to get on with it. The other day we went to a garden centre and had a coffee and I was so self conscious to get up and leave and walk out past everyone, I felt rooted to the chair, waited for the moment I felt was least busy and then I got up and left, I cant wait to NOT feel like that anymore.

• Heart

SophSpinsSillyStories

Chatty Member
I’m the complete opposite - I’ve told literally everyone I’m on it. Mainly because it’s been so successful for me and I want others to see that it’s okay to use these drugs - and also because I send them my referral codes so I get some cash back! 🤣

• Haha

tablesandchairs

Chatty Member
Thank you I'm excited to get on with it. The other day we went to a garden centre and had a coffee and I was so self conscious to get up and leave and walk out past everyone, I felt rooted to the chair, waited for the moment I felt was least busy and then I got up and left, I cant wait to NOT feel like that anymore.
It’s things like that, that are so much more than just the number on the scale!

I left the house with my hair in a ponytail for the first time in YEARS yesterday. I usually wear my long hair down to hide my fat face, neck, upper back etc (I know it doesn’t actually hide it but in my mind it helps)

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Feeling pretty ropey today. Stupidly felt hungry an hour after dinner so had yoghurt and strawberries and then spent the whole night burping strawberries up then woke up about 4 because I was almost sick in my mouth. Feel like they’re just not digesting. Lesson learnt sometimes it’s ok to feel a bit hungry late at night 😩

In good news I finally got to one stone lost yesterday and people are starting to notice and I’m feeling so much more confident. Think I might stay at 1.4 next week rather than the full 1.7 though to keep easing myself up. Still got 4 more stone till I’m a healthy weight but I’ll just be happy around a size 14 even if I will still technically be overweight at that size. I feel BMI doesn’t really work for me, I must have heavy bones 🤪

• Haha

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Mines arrived, i'm ready to inject and read everything afterwards, my husband is reading it all with a fine toothcomb. Making me nervous about it 🤣

All done. Didn't hurt at all. Am I skinny yet 🫣😂😂❤

• Haha
  • Heart

Lillorra

Hey !
So my week one MJ weigh in is ….

9lbs lost !!

I feel and look no different.
Tonight is my second jab ready to start my second week … praying for a good loss this new week!

• Heart

Squittel

VIP Member
Just administered my third dose. Overall in two weeks I have lost 10lb! I started at 17st 10Ib so I’m looking forward to getting in the 16st range now! Thrilled.

• Heart

fimfim

VIP Member
Hi everyone, starting my journey (mj) but have read through the last couple of threads and firstly wanted to say what a lovely forum this is. You are all so lovely and supportive.
I ordered yesterday, approved today and awaiting dispatch… I’m 42, 185lbs, BMI 32 and struggling with perimenopause. I’ve put on 30lbs over the past 4 years, which has been out of control. I don’t carry it well but mostly concerned about the impact it’s having on my physical and mental health, my confidence and that it’s turned me into a hermit. I just want to get some control, get to a healthy weight (for me) and start enjoying my life again.

• Heart

ReginaPhalangee

VIP Member
hi! Joining this thread as I’ve just ordered my first mounjaro pen. Decided to finally take the plunge after years of yo-yo dieting, weight up and down and just feeling awful in myself. I want to lose about 7st. Not telling anyone I’m taking the jabs as they’d try and talk me out of it. Reading back on previous threads but any tips would be greatly appreciated!

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
First world troubles here but kinda wish someone would notice I've lost weight. I've lost over a stone. Clothes much looser. Instead they just want to talk to me about how much my husband has lost and how great he looks.

• Heart
  • Sad

Potato_waffle

Chatty Member
I’m really considering MJ and have been reading through all the threads and seeing the highs and lows is really helpful. I’ve probably got about 8 stone to lose but am picturing doing this for the first half to build some momentum and then take it from there. Has anyone else had success with this approach?
In part, yes. I lost 5 stone a few years ago just calorie counting and for the most part kept it off. In the past 18 months or so, 1 stone of fluctuation, forever up and down because of binge eating. It's because of the binge eating that I started MJ. I needed the food noise to stop and it has. I'm on month 2 of 2.5 and I don't have the food suppression, but still have no food noise. So using this as a time to relearn hunger and fullness cues to try and sort this binge eating. I'm going for a third month on 2.5 as it seems to be working in that I'm learning I can leave food on my plate if I'm full, I'm acknowledging genuine hunger and respecting it by eating, if I'm not mad hungry at dinner time, I have a small dinner, I don't chase that feeling of being constantly full. At the end of month 3 I'll assess how I'm feeling, how my mindset is etc and decide then whether or not to carry on with MJ or solo

• Heart
Reactions: 9

tablesandchairs

Chatty Member
Hi everyone :)

My first time posting. I'm very tempted to try a weight loss medication as I've got a BMI of 35 and been struggling to lose weight for many different reasons.

I'm reassured by all of your experiences but I wanted to ask if anyone read about the studies which mention the thyroid cancer risks? That's what's scaring me off at the moment. Wondered if anyone had discussed this with a medical professional or has any opinions...

Thank you,
Deborah
Hi, I asked a family member who’s a doctor to look into this for me. She basically said that you have to weigh up the many health risks of being obese, including the increased risk of certain cancers, particularly endometrial cancers if you’re a woman. Also, it’s possible increased risk of thyroid tumours, not necessarily cancers, and apparently some thyroid tumours can be harmless and insignificant. The final persuading point for me was that she knows many doctors who are taking the jabs themselves.

• Heart

Biscuit or cake

VIP Member
I’m just worried I won’t be approved again as even though I’m still classed as overweight, my bmi is under 30. Still got a way to go though! I honestly think MJ is a lifesaver
Of course. That's why the majority of us are here. These companies will understand that people will lose weight while on the medication.. that's why it's there. But some of the advice on here is the reason why these extra checks are being put in.

• Heart

Lillorra

Hey guys,
Dunno if anyone reads what I write but it helps me by writing it.
Weigh day & week 3 of MJ
This weeks loss - 2lb
Total loss in 3 weeks - 1 stone

I think I’m going to go up to 5mg, I still get hungry, I’ve had no side effects.
My absolute goal to lose is 3 stone.

• Heart

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
Blokes lose weight much more quickly than women.
Remember your weight (and mine!) didn’t go on overnight. It won’t come off overnight.

If we look for a quick fix (as I have done for 20 years) we will always be in the boom and bust cycle. I speak from bitter experience here. The only way to break it is to go slow and make permanent changes to the way we eat.

im on my second Wegovy .25 jab this week. Trust me, id love for a stone off in a week. Not going to happen, and neither should it. Also at my age, I’d look like a deflated balloon.

🤣

• Heart