Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The final persuading point for me was that she knows many doctors who are taking the jabs themselves.
Final thing for me was a doctor I work with who I’d expressed an interest in these meds and told them I had been reading about obesity science etc and weight loss surgeries, and she told me to get on it. Said she didn’t want to be treating me for a heart attack or stroke, need to lose the mid section belly, and that my age is a risk for bad health outcomes if I don’t get it sorted. Lots of 💰💰💰though. Having to go without in other areas to fund it.

Reactions: 6

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
Sadly nothing you can do can specifically help you lose weight in one area. When I lost weight the first time from 19 stone to 15 stone (just using diet and exercise) , the biggest help to my tummy area and loss in general was walking. Whilst I agree diet / calorie intake is the most important thing, I wouldn’t have done it without those 10,000 steps a day. Often round and round my tiny living room as single mum with young kids I couldn’t leave at home!
I'm doing a 10k step walk each day. Maybe once my boobs are completely non existent the stomach will lose some 😂

• Haha

PinkandTwinkly

Please tell me I'm not the only one. Stopped Wegovy 1.0 a couple of weeks ago so I could start Mounjaro this week. I am bread daft, toast to be precise. For lunch and after dinner, 4 slices a time 🤦🏻‍♀️ if I don't have it my tummy feels empty like it's going to start rumbling. I recall feeling same when I went from 0.25 to 0.5 Ozempic. Hoping it will subside quickly as I only moved from Wegovy to Mounjaro for costs sake
Oh bread is my thing. Buy a loaf of tiger bread and I'll demolish the whole thing in an afternoon..

I nornally buy sourdough now for toast as its harder to binge it. Seems to leave me fuller

• Heart
So I started Mounjaro on Friday 14th June. Within two hours my appetite was surpressed. I did have a pre organised night out on Saturday and I went and I ate - but nowhere near as much. I havent told anyone I am on it, but noone noticed I was eating less. My starting weight is 13st 10lb at 5'5'' giving me a BMI of 32.

I am and have always been very body confident. I have never hidden my light under a bushell , If you dont like seeing me fat - dont look! My problem is.. when I look in the mirror I see a tall slim stunner starting back at me! When someone takes a photo of a night out and shows me.... I see me for what I am, which is terribly overweight (obese) for my height.

Im already very cardio fit and run half and full marathon distances. The issue is that I cannot control my appetite. I think about food all the time. I cant tell if I am hungry or not most of the time. I absolutely LOVE food and eating but thats so unhealthy! Im almost 50 years old, Im perimenopausal and my ability to lose weight is zero! When I look at the way other people eat - I know that I am not normal. My eating is manic, uncontrolled, and unhealthy. My relationship with food is emotional.

One week on mounjaro has taught me that all of this is true. Suddenly the 'food noise' (I wouldnt have even believe that was a thing until I started this) is on mute. I am living like a normal person! I am on 2.5 at the moment, and the supression is enough that I do get hungry but its satiated in no time and with a quarter of the food I would normally consume in one sitting! I weigh in tomorrow but couldnt resist jumping on this morning, with a loss of 6lb. I would hate to lose that every week - Im too bloody old for my skin to bounce back. But I can already feel NSV's Creeping in... Shopping at the supermarket is no longer a greedy, cooky monster style super market dash, to fill my trolly with everything that looks good! I have chocolate in the fridge - I can have one small one and walk away. But more than that. I havent spent any money this week. That might sound strange to some people but I think ,the same as I eat to chase a feeling - I shop to chase a feeling.. and its stopped! Just like that! How strange!

So as I type I am hoping and praying all these little side effects are not psychosomatic, but rather, real side effects. If this is the case, this really might be the wonder drug I never knew I needed!!
I am totally with you on the non spending. I am able to see my spending for what is usually is, a waste of money trying to fulfill a need after being “influenced” to buy something. These meds are nothing short of A M A Z I N G 🤩

I'm finally starting to see some weight loss.
I've done 4 weeks on Wegovy .25mg and have just taken third dose of wegovy .5mg.

To be fair, I've had a crazy few weeks with lots of holidays, nights out, food and alcohol so my weight was not going up which was a miracle but I was maybe losing a pound a week, sometimes losing nothing.
Anyway this has been the first week I've not have something on and I dropped 5pounds.
I am always a bit of a slow loser when it comes to weight. I've always stayed the same for weeks and then dropped a large amount. Seems to be a bit of a pattern. I've previously lost 5 stone and started this as I'd regained 2 stone of that. So I was ok with waiting to lose weight as my metabolism is a bit of a mess.

So for those not losing quickly, don't lose heart. I feel like the next titration dose(1.7) will be the sweet spot for me. At the moment I get hungry quickly but can't eat a whole lot.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I only ordered my first ever weightloss injectable (mounjaro) yesterday, it said can take up to 3 working days to hear anything, so why am I checking it 3 times a day 🫣😂😂😂
Omg I'm so excited. I was hoping to start in July and looks like I will be. I've been counting calories all this week in preparation.
Screenshot_20240628_142652_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
I'd heard about these drugs but it was reading two articles from users in the UK press that cemented my decision to place an order. They both had decent results but experienced a significant drop in appetite from day 2 so I admit I was hoping for the same. I don't think that's unreasonable given the prices involved either.

I find how this drug works absolutely fascinating. I really think it ups the metabolism too.
I think those stories (of immediate appetite suppression or drop in weight) can be unhelpful in giving us super high expectations that we'll respond the same way to the meds. But it's not uncommon to only see a medication taking an effect once you reach therapeutic doses (for example with psychiatric medications). I say that having had very slow losses on the first two doses of Wegovy and now having lost close to 70lbs on the medication. Patience was key for me! But I was definitely a bit dismayed early on when things were slow. I wanted to be one of the lucky ones :ROFLMAO: (I was lucky otherwise though, no side effects!)

(The prices are horrid, and I think the NHS should make these far more accessible as they're truely life changing drugs!)
---
My first injection is arriving today around mid morning.. Shall I take it straight away or is it best to do at night or in the morning? I'm so nervous it's ridiculous!
I always take mine before bed, but there's no wrong time. Whenever fits into your routine.

Started MJ second week of May. Had the most horrendous sulphur burps and diarrhoea on days 2-3 after the first dose. Started taking esomeprazole daily and haven’t had any symptoms since. I was worried about going up to 5mg so did 3.75 for a week and was fine. Took 5mg last week for the first time and again, fine. I took my second 5mg dose on Sunday and today the sulphur burps and diarrhoea have started. Ugh.

Weight loss really good. Am 2 stone down in just over two months (began eating better a fortnight before my first dose).
Eating plenty of protein and fibre. Drinking loads of water.

Hopefully this doesn’t last much longer.

• Heart

tablesandchairs

Chatty Member
Does anyone really struggle with what to eat? I find it really sad actually as I love(d) food and cooking and it was a huge part of my life but I find myself standing in the kitchen having no clue what to eat and not fancying anything. I am thinking I might just skip dinner tonight but then I know logically that that way ED lies. I think I am prone to that kind of thing and need to be careful. I just don’t know how to have the right balance.

barrrlohflaughs

Chatty Member
I’m due to take my first 7.5mg today. I’ve lost 2st since I started on 11th April 🙌

I’m a little nervous taking 7.5 today as I had some bad side effects on my last 5mg that lasted longer than they have before. I usually take in the evening before bed but I’m going to take it in the morning on a full stomach instead and see how I get on 🤞🤞

PinkandTwinkly

Pm
Do I need to store my pen in the fridge all the time? It says keep refrigerated but also says it’s fine out the fridge for 30 days so I’m like which is it lol.

Did my first jab earlier and put pen back in the fridge is that ok?
Fridge until you start using it, then you don't have to (shpupd be used within 30 days)

I just keep mine in the fridge door anyway save losing it

• Heart

Mab1994

Chatty Member
I have finally bit the bullet and switched to mounjaro. I am so scared but hopeful at the same time.

I found this code for 10% off ASDA if anyone is interested.

REFDD5E4

• Heart
Weigh day for me and shot day! Think this is shot 12 - I’m losing track of the weeks.
I’ve lost 1.3lbs this week, I thought it would be more as last week I wasn’t well and shat loads! Almost shat myself in public which was not fun.
That aside, I’ve hit the stone and half marker! In total I am 22.2lbs down 🙌🏽❤🙏🏼

• Heart
Managed to gain two pounds this week somehow despite being on a much reduced calorie intake however I have noticed I’m having more cravings and hunger so will be going up to 5mg this week

• Heart

Libbub

VIP Member
Weighed myself this morning and have lost another 2lbs taking my total down to 9lbs in 2 weeks. What I've realised is I need to stay hydrated to negate the side effect of feeling slightly sick. Also that doesn't seem to kick in until a couple of days after the jab. I am starting to feel tired today though. All in all I'm pleased with the result.

Squittel

VIP Member
I feel like giving up.
Took my 3rd dose last night and today o feel like death. I’ve got no energy, feel sick, and generally rubbish. I’ve been constipated for almost 5 days now so have a distended stomach and tummy ache. I’ve only lost 4lbs… could be more when I do finally 💩 but doubtful it’ll be much. I had less side effects and more loss with Saxenda but read the hype about MJ and hoped it would be the answer.
I have 2 stone to lose. My physical and mental health are rubbish, I hate seeing myself in the mirror and it’s affecting ring my relationship with my husband. I’m just fed up…
4lbs is a great loss! Remember it’s a marathon not a sprint. If MJ is making you feel bad perhaps go back to Saxenda?

Dollybird

VIP Member
I went on a body scan machine for the first time in since I started Wegovy last autumn and it’s so clever! Tells you how much fat , muscle , water etc you have and I can really see the fat I’ve lost . I’ve been going gym a few times a week just lifting light weights , nothing mental . And I’ve built some muscle , lost a fair bit of fat and increased bone density . Mine was at a David Lloyd gym and is called body trax or something like that? But there are other places that do it . They have one at my local hospital for dieticians to use too ! I never clocked what it was as all of this is new to me .
Just thought I would let you all know in case you feel down about a low loss , this might be a better guide to track . I wish I knew about this sooner 😁

• Heart