Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took my first dose of 5mg on Sunday and after not really having many side effects on 2.5mg, I'm already noticing the difference in the amount of food I can eat before feeling full, am very tired, and this morning I have woken up and been violently sick.
I hope that doesn't happen every day, but let's see.
I’m on week 3 week of 5mg and find that any side effects disappear after a day or 2 🤞🤞

Reactions: 2
I lost the peri weight gain and its staying off. I was a constant weight loss club member. It wrecked my head and approach to food particularly SW. Hols I manage and continue jabbing maybe reduce dose or increasing intervals between. However I was someone who could pack on 7lbs while away for a week.
I ways come back with that much excess baggage too!
Thanks for your reply, it gives me hope. Were you/ are you on HRT?

Reactions: 1
As an oldie uuser on Oz I've had a few breaks away. As I said earlier I could pack on half a stone in a week while away so I don't stop. I either reduce the dose or split it and take half a dose and another half dose 4 days later. I might put a lb or two up but nothing major and have continued to enjoy the break but I do love not cringing at the side of the pool, heat and slimmer body is easier manage and buying pretty summer clothes and looking well in them is great too. Been able to keep up with active kids is good too. We do tend to go self catering too which helps me manage the food intake too. I am finding apple cider vinegar tablets great at keeping my digestion going and helping the bloating.

Reactions: 6
Hi all!
New to this thread and will need to catch up. I’ve just completed my first week of Mounjaro and have lost 7lbs which I’m ecstatic with. The first few days of taking the injection gave me the worse nausea but thankfully my appetite suppressant kicked in almost instantly. I’ve taken my second injection and the nausea/motion sickness is back so I guess this may be a reoccurring thing for a while.

Reactions: 5
My 3rd MJ should be tomorrow and i'm feeling really hungry. Just had an orange but the cravings for junk have really kicked in.

Has anyone used Mounjaro that hasn’t been kept in the fridge after the recommended 21 days? I didn’t read properly and thought it was 28 days and just kept the pen in my drawer ☹

Sorry if it's been asked before, I just took my second dose of MJ and some leaked out when i withdrew the needle even though I left it in for the recommended time. It wasn't loads but when the whole dose is only 0.6ml it feels like it could affect it? Am I overthinking?

Well the most horrific thing just happened to me... For some context: I had my 2nd MJ jab on Sunday, feeling normal, no side effects.

I just went to make an espresso at the cafe I work at and almost threw up. Like the idea of a coffee just... no.

Worst of all, I went for a run this morning so I was depending on that caffeine to get me through the afternoon! 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone used Mounjaro that hasn’t been kept in the fridge after the recommended 21 days? I didn’t read properly and thought it was 28 days and just kept the pen in my drawer ☹
I don't keep mine in the fridge once I start using it. It seems there is conflicting views of 21-60 days.

I think I’m moving to Med Express for my next dose of MJ as they seem to be cheapest. I’m on holiday from Sat-Weds though and will need it on the Friday when I get back. This means I’m going to need to order it while I’m away. Can someone please tell me What proof/ photos do they ask for so that I can get them ready before I leave on Saturday?

I think I’m moving to Med Express for my next dose of MJ as they seem to be cheapest. I’m on holiday from Sat-Weds though and will need it on the Friday when I get back. This means I’m going to need to order it while I’m away. Can someone please tell me What proof/ photos do they ask for so that I can get them ready before I leave on Saturday?
If I remember right, it was a picture of my ID and a full body photo in fitted clothes

As an oldie uuser on Oz I've had a few breaks away. As I said earlier I could pack on half a stone in a week while away so I don't stop. I either reduce the dose or split it and take half a dose and another half dose 4 days later. I might put a lb or two up but nothing major and have continued to enjoy the break but I do love not cringing at the side of the pool, heat and slimmer body is easier manage and buying pretty summer clothes and looking well in them is great too. Been able to keep up with active kids is good too. We do tend to go self catering too which helps me manage the food intake too. I am finding apple cider vinegar tablets great at keeping my digestion going and helping the bloating.
That’s a good plan! I think I might do similar! However what do you do about the needle heads as you should only use each one to inject once (I’m on wegovy and I got four - one for each week)

I’m due to move up to 1.7 wegovy on Sunday but considering counting clicks and doing 1.4 to test the waters. This is week 4 on 1mg and I’ve actually had quite a bad belly in the mornings and nausea which is weird as other 3 weeks I was fine so wondering if I should be cautious

11lbs off on MJ in 2 weeks so I guess I'm one of the people it works for from the outset. Very happy. Waistbands feel looser.

Reactions: 10
Hello fellow jabbers! Does anyone find the good noise comes back when your period is approaching. I’ve lost 17lbs so far but I’m on my second week of 1mg Wegovy and I could eat a scabby donkey today!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
First 24 hours on 5mg MJ - TIRED!! I slept from 5pm-9pm then 11pm-8/9am. Also feeling like my first week on 2.5mg, not hungry in the slightest. Other than that, I’m feeling good 👍🏽

Tonight will be my fourth jab of 2.5MJ, have def felt the food noise back in the last few days and today I feel absolutely dog tired. I'm approaching my period so I think that's impacting things. Will be going up to 5mg next week which I am ready for as I don't feel I've lost much weight in the last week or so, so FX for not loads of side effects!
---
Hello fellow jabbers! Does anyone find the good noise comes back when your period is approaching. I’ve lost 17lbs so far but I’m on my second week of 1mg Wegovy and I could eat a scabby donkey today!
YES I came on to say just this! Not quite turning off the hormonal binge urge for me

Reactions: 4
I’m due to move up to 1.7 wegovy on Sunday but considering counting clicks and doing 1.4 to test the waters. This is week 4 on 1mg and I’ve actually had quite a bad belly in the mornings and nausea which is weird as other 3 weeks I was fine so wondering if I should be cautious
Hmm. I think if I were you I might be tempted to do a week or two at 1.4 to ease your way up? Maybe even just one week to see? Very weird that you had no issues for the first 3 weeks! I hope it settles soon.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.