Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've pushed injecting back by two days and omg the food noise šŸ„¹. It's actually shameful, I've ordered a takeaway because I know I'm injecting tomorrow and I'm back to feeling scared of being hungry. I genuinely didn't know I had this problem until it went away and now I just feel so embarrassed.

I did an all inclusive holiday and had salads and water every single day and didn't feel like I was missing out, I actually felt great. As I'm due my 5th injection it's clear just how little I've changed any of my bad habits šŸ„¹šŸ˜“

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Make sure you drink enough water and donā€™t overeat as if youā€™re like me youā€™ll wake up in the middle of the night with stomach ache. I found I was very tired on the lower doses as I got used to it so that might be hard with a baby but it does pass. I didnā€™t really see an appetite reduction till I got to 1mg which is annoying as you are paying for the drug and feel frustrated it doesnā€™t work straight away but bear with it. Good luck!
Thank you!!!! Oh god, Iā€™m already taking magnesium for tiredness šŸ˜‚ defo will avoid the over eating. The amount of side effects Iā€™ve heard of puts me right off. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you!!!! Oh god, Iā€™m already taking magnesium for tiredness šŸ˜‚ defo will avoid the over eating. The amount of side effects Iā€™ve heard of puts me right off. Xx
You won't necessarily get any! Some of us are lucky in that regard šŸ˜… I shall have my fingers crossed it's the same for you!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone managed to come off mounjaro/Wegovy etc and keep all of the weight off? Iā€™m on 2.5 mounjaro, and the food noise is back by day 5. Iā€™m starting my 5 pen next week so that might stop that. But I'm absolutely terrified of coming off MJ as the food noise I get by day 5 is bad enough. Iā€™m in no rush to come off as Iā€™ve got a bit to lose but in the long term Iā€™m really worried Iā€™ll never be able to get off it.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone managed to come off mounjaro/Wegovy etc and keep all of the weight off? Iā€™m on 2.5 mounjaro, and the food noise is back by day 5. Iā€™m starting my 5 pen next week so that might stop that. But I'm absolutely terrified of coming off MJ as the food noise I get by day 5 is bad enough. Iā€™m in no rush to come off as Iā€™ve got a bit to lose but in the long term Iā€™m really worried Iā€™ll never be able to get off it.
I stopped wegovy 5 weeks ago today and I've lost an additional 8lbs now. I went on holiday and only gained 1lb back which I've since lost again. Feel great but I do feel hungry like I did before wegovy. That said the changes I've made to my diet and lifestyle have been a total overhaul so as long as I'm keeping within my daily calories, going to the gym daily and using intermittent fasting its manageable.

I'd assume for those who use these types of medications but don't make any changes to their diet and exercise that with the food noise returning it would be really easy to regain weight quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I stopped wegovy 5 weeks ago today and I've lost an additional 8lbs now. I went on holiday and only gained 1lb back which I've since lost again. Feel great but I do feel hungry like I did before wegovy. That said the changes I've made to my diet and lifestyle have been a total overhaul so as long as I'm keeping within my daily calories, going to the gym daily and using intermittent fasting its manageable.

I'd assume for those who use these types of medications but don't make any changes to their diet and exercise that with the food noise returning it would be really easy to regain weight quickly.
Thank you for your reply! Well done for losing even when you have come off the Wegovy šŸ’ŖšŸ» I do need to start exercising as I donā€™t do anywhere near enough

I've lost 2.5lbs this week on W4 of 2.5mg MJ. That's exactly one stone in the first four weeks, which I'm really pleased with. I've had very few side effects so far.
Just had my first 5mg injection so we'll see how this week goes.

Anyone else actually find it reassuring that things kinda go back to pre- med ā€œnormalityā€ when we come off the medication ? To me, this says that these drugs arenā€™t hanging about or doing any changes that we donā€™t know about? As it is very much down to us to somehow either change the mindset and work hard to keep the weight off, or we need a maintenance dose.

• Heart
First week done!

Down 6lb which is great, and I've restarted couch 2 5k and ran 3 times this week so feeling very goooooooooood.

No side effects, other than it takes me AGES to decide what I actually fancy to eat when I'm put on the spot. Day after dose was the strongest suppression for me, I couldn't finish anything which was a very odd sensation for a piggie like me!

Second dose this evening. šŸ¤žšŸ»

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
First week done! Well, 6 days as I want to move my injection day to Sunday. Exactly 2kg, I had chippy for tea last night too šŸ™ˆ I could definitely feel my appetite increase day 5. No negative side effects, I felt slightly constipated but nothing painful. Food noise is real, I didnā€™t realise how much of my time was spent thinking about food.

I went out for a work team lunch on Thursday and chose spaghetti bolognese over a pizza (and I freakin love pizza šŸ¤£). I popped into the office afterwards and there was a HUGE spread of cakes which I just wasnā€™t interested in. Iā€™m amazed.

I never thought Iā€™d be so excited to stick a needle in me today šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Anyone else actually find it reassuring that things kinda go back to pre- med ā€œnormalityā€ when we come off the medication ? To me, this says that these drugs arenā€™t hanging about or doing any changes that we donā€™t know about? As it is very much down to us to somehow either change the mindset and work hard to keep the weight off, or we need a maintenance dose.
It's just really difficult because from day one of taking MJ I have only wanted to eat salads (struggle getting protein in tbh). I drink 2/3l of water a day & it's been so effortless. As soon as the medication wears off I'm immediately thinking "what can I eat, I fancy a Coke Zero, I best eat as much as I can before I'm not hungry/not interested in food anymore"

I'm not reassured, I'm terrified that I won't be allowed a maintenance dose. I'd be happy getting to a BMI of 26 and being allowed to continue with the dose forever šŸ˜

Reactions: 3
I've finished the first month on mj, though my appetite has been reduced and I've eaten less I've not lost any weight. šŸ™

Im not sure if I should continue on with it..

• Heart
I've finished the first month on mj, though my appetite has been reduced and I've eaten less I've not lost any weight. šŸ™

Everyoneā€™s journey is different so donā€™t feel discouraged. I was the same with my 1st month where I lost 3lb in total but I have just done my 1st week of 5mg & have lost 3.5lbs this week.

Your appetite is less, and youā€™ve eaten less. I would say stick with it because you might just get that whoosh soon. It didnā€™t take a month to put on all of my extra weight so Iā€™m here for this journey without the food noise and see what happens over at least 6 months and enjoying be able to be more intentional about my eating and exercise without the greedy gremlin.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah, I'm just being an impatient dick.
With it being as a direct cause of menopause though I'm just wondering if that's just my weight now...

Urgh I hate getting old. I hate my new fat self.
why did I give myself such a hard time for years when there was duck all wrong with me. That's really bitten me on the arse now. šŸ˜ž

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I'm just being an impatient dick.
With it being as a direct cause of menopause though I'm just wondering if that's just my weight now...

Urgh I hate getting old. I hate my new fat self.
why did I give myself such a hard time for years when there was duck all wrong with me. That's really bitten me on the arse now. šŸ˜ž
I know how you feel Merlot. šŸ˜ž donā€™t give up!!

• Heart
I am a bit disheartened and just looking for a bit of advice/reasurance.

I started on wegovy last Monday evening and even though I have felt a bit nauseous and I havenā€™t eaten my ā€œnormal weekly quota of foodā€ I haven lost and I havenā€™t gained! I have exercised more than I normally would and nothingā€¦. šŸ˜”. I appreciate that I only started to record my dosage, weight and measurements last Monday evening when I injected for the first time but I feel a bit deflated. I had a breast reduction at the end of January 2024 and my belly (I am VERY apple shaped) really is more prominent now and itā€™s really knocking my confidence down šŸ„ŗ

• Heart
It's just really difficult because from day one of taking MJ I have only wanted to eat salads (struggle getting protein in tbh). I drink 2/3l of water a day & it's been so effortless. As soon as the medication wears off I'm immediately thinking "what can I eat, I fancy a Coke Zero, I best eat as much as I can before I'm not hungry/not interested in food anymore"

I'm not reassured, I'm terrified that I won't be allowed a maintenance dose. I'd be happy getting to a BMI of 26 and being allowed to continue with the dose forever šŸ˜
You sound exactly like me!! Iā€™m constantly worrying about maintenance and praying the UK starts allowing maintenance doses! The advice they give about resistance training and protein being the key to maintenance are things I was doing already. Menopausal metabolism made me fat and I really donā€™t think thatā€™s going to be fixed when I come off MJ. My plan is to stay on it as long as possible.

I am a bit disheartened and just looking for a bit of advice/reasurance.

I started on wegovy last Monday evening and even though I have felt a bit nauseous and I havenā€™t eaten my ā€œnormal weekly quota of foodā€ I haven lost and I havenā€™t gained! I have exercised more than I normally would and nothingā€¦. šŸ˜”. I appreciate that I only started to record my dosage, weight and measurements last Monday evening when I injected for the first time but I feel a bit deflated. I had a breast reduction at the end of January 2024 and my belly (I am VERY apple shaped) really is more prominent now and itā€™s really knocking my confidence down šŸ„ŗ
It can take weeks or months to work - donā€™t let the ā€˜overnight successā€™ stories get you down!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.