Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good to know I'm not alone in this.
i have skimmed milk in tea, only a little, and the other day I went back to the fridge to check I hadn't picked almond milk up instead - the taste is just 'off' for me.

Reactions: 2
My husband is in mounjaro (I'm on wegovy) and he says everything tastes salty.

Week 3 weigh in and I have lost 2.2lbs and so total loss on MJ is 12.5lbs!

This week has been a bit challenging because we had to eat out on Saturday Sunday and Monday!!! I made sure I made good choices on those days though and really made up for it the rest of the week so I’m happy with that. Going to really push to get to a stone this week and my 5mg is coming today for me to start next Friday. This week I have an evening away and a wedding to contend with but I’m going to do whatever I can to make good choices this week. I am definitely ready to move up to 5 though I haven’t bothered with the bonus dose.

Reactions: 6
I’m thinking of making the switch to Mounjaro after 6 months on Wegovy - weight loss has slowed down massively and I was only a slow loser anyway. I don’t feel it’s as effective. Bit of a risk tho as I’m getting married mid September so ideally I want to maximise weight loss in the next 4 months and I understand with changing I would need to stop Wegovy for 1 month and who knows what that would be like or what damage could be caused?!

Reactions: 1
Morning all 👋

day 2 on MJ no side effects as yet and I’m classing yesterday as a success I ate so much less than usual, didn’t think about food in the same way at all. Quite interested now to see how today goes.

• Heart
So, random, but have any of those on MJ noticed a change in their tastebuds?
I don't mean like what you want to eat, but has the actual taste of things changed for you? I feel like they have and I wanted to check if it was just me? 🙈
I think mine have dulled either that or I’m not getting the same endorphin hit as I usually would. My mum is on MJ too, she said wine tastes horrible now. That’s a good thing though as she was starting to worry me with the amount she was drinking every night

Reactions: 3
I’m thinking of making the switch to Mounjaro after 6 months on Wegovy - weight loss has slowed down massively and I was only a slow loser anyway. I don’t feel it’s as effective. Bit of a risk tho as I’m getting married mid September so ideally I want to maximise weight loss in the next 4 months and I understand with changing I would need to stop Wegovy for 1 month and who knows what that would be like or what damage could be caused?!
Firstly congratulations on the upcoming wedding!
I think the advice on how long of a gap to leave can differ depending on where you look. I could be remembering wrong but I think @fishyfishfish may have taken a shorter break?

• Heart
Firstly congratulations on the upcoming wedding!
I think the advice on how long of a gap to leave can differ depending on where you look. I could be remembering wrong but I think @fishyfishfish may have taken a shorter break?
You’re right! I did wegovy one week and MJ the next per Lloyd’s Pharmacy’s guidance. Didn’t have any side effects.

Finished my 2nd pen this week (5mg) and as someone on here recommended, I just forced the pen to twist to get the ‘extra’ dose out. Which probably means I had 10mg but no side effects so far and did it on Weds.

Just checking back in as I haven't posted for ages.

I'm on week 10, I'm on 7.5mg and I'm now 32lbs down! I've gone from a size 20 to size 14

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
You’re right! I did wegovy one week and MJ the next per Lloyd’s Pharmacy’s guidance. Didn’t have any side effects.

Finished my 2nd pen this week (5mg) and as someone on here recommended, I just forced the pen to twist to get the ‘extra’ dose out. Which probably means I had 10mg but no side effects so far and did it on Weds.
How are you finding MJ? Are you happy you did the switch?

When used for diabetes a gap is not required. Clinically I can’t think of reason why there would need to be a gap.

How are you finding MJ? Are you happy you did the switch?
I had hit a plateau (for months) and it seems to have got me out of it. I’ve not lost tonnes and still only 50% of the way to my target weight but I’m pleased the scale is moving in the right direction.
I’m glad I switched - haven’t really had any side effects on either. Wegovy I was definitely more tired and MJ my skin broke out but seems to have improved now. Though that could be unrelated!

• Heart
Just placed my first MJ order and waiting for it to be approved (family chemist), annoyingly as it's a bank holiday weekend there's a delay in orders. Lifetime cycle of yoyo dieting and binge eating, I know how to lose weight, I just don't have the willpower. Been reading here a while and spurred on by everyone's successes.

Can't wait!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Week 3 weigh in and I have lost 2.2lbs and so total loss on MJ is 12.5lbs!

This week has been a bit challenging because we had to eat out on Saturday Sunday and Monday!!! I made sure I made good choices on those days though and really made up for it the rest of the week so I’m happy with that. Going to really push to get to a stone this week and my 5mg is coming today for me to start next Friday. This week I have an evening away and a wedding to contend with but I’m going to do whatever I can to make good choices this week. I am definitely ready to move up to 5 though I haven’t bothered with the bonus dose.
Do you mind me asking what your bmi is? I’m also on week 3 of MJ and only lost like 5lbs I feel so demotivated

I’ve just done my first MJ injection and immediately regretted it. Did anyone else really struggle emotionally? I’m scared of side effects, scared of a bad reaction, and even though I want to lose weight I’m scared of not enjoying food anymore as it’s a huge part of my joy in life. I think if I’m honest with myself I’m also kind of scared of losing weight…it’s change I guess. And maybe I’m scared that all the problems I’ve blamed on my weight for years will still be there staring at me when the weight is gone, and nothing to blame them on.

sorry that got a bit deep 🤣

Practical question, can I eat whatever I feel like tonight or should I reduce portion size even if I don’t feel the appetite suppression yet in case eating too much makes me feel ill?

I would reduce portion size, but put aside some protein in case you feel hungry later on.

I’ve just done my first MJ injection and immediately regretted it. Did anyone else really struggle emotionally? I’m scared of side effects, scared of a bad reaction, and even though I want to lose weight I’m scared of not enjoying food anymore as it’s a huge part of my joy in life. I think if I’m honest with myself I’m also kind of scared of losing weight…it’s change I guess. And maybe I’m scared that all the problems I’ve blamed on my weight for years will still be there staring at me when the weight is gone, and nothing to blame them on.

sorry that got a bit deep 🤣

Practical question, can I eat whatever I feel like tonight or should I reduce portion size even if I don’t feel the appetite suppression yet in case eating too much makes me feel ill?
Lol love the question! Practical and real advice, reduce your portion and increase your protein intake. I will say, I can still eat as much as I used to BUTTTT I do suffer for it. I wake in the night with awful stomach ache and immediately regret it. Ive done it twice and don’t plan on doing it again. So yes you can eat whatever you want but be prepared 🤣🤣🤣

To add, you can still enjoy your food. The medication just helps you not crave all the tit!. And change is very scary. Have you considered any talking therapies if you feel certain issues/concerns may still be there once you’ve lost the weight you want? It may help to navigate those feelings and emotions 🤗

Hi everyone, I’ve been thinking of one of these injections for a while now. I work as a chef, so I’m always around food, planning menus, tasting, etc. I know these things take away the “noise” but if I have to taste things for my job, which I do, would it make me feel sick? I’m prone to nausea anyway and I can’t stand the feeling of feeling sick.it could also impact my job. I’m 109kg, 174cm talk and size 16-18

Any advice/experiences you have greatly appreciated

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.