Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome back! We’ve updated the title to include the newest injection available in the UK. Pricing summary will be added when I get a minute.

Reactions: 9
Just injected my last 0.5mg wegovy, 1mg ordered and I am hoping that I start to see losses. The one thing I have noticed is that I drink less, and I’ve always been a wino

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Kjbsjb - really sorry not sure how to quote between threads but to answer regarding calories to aim for weight loss, I would start by using a TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) calculator to work out your maintenance calories and then adding up everything you eat or drink in a day to make sure you're in a deficit under this number. To lose weight you generally need to be 10-20% under your TDEE.

To add that wine is also my weakness so totally empathise! A bottle of wine is minimum of 500 calories so can really add up. ☹

Reactions: 2
I'm going to spend some time reading the previous threads. I signed up for Mounjaro today and hoping to get it approved in the next couple of days. I'm glad to have found the threads here! Is there any advice whilst I catch up with the previous 7 please?

I admit mounjaro hasn’t impacted immediately like Ozempic did when I first started, but I have noticed I’m more full. Hopefully will come with time as my appetite went a bit mad last week and I was eating like nobody’s business.
Also had a god awful stomach reaction from that for two nights 🤢

Reactions: 5
I'm going to spend some time reading the previous threads. I signed up for Mounjaro today and hoping to get it approved in the next couple of days. I'm glad to have found the threads here! Is there any advice whilst I catch up with the previous 7 please?
Ensure you drink a lot of water and have some electrolytes when you start your injections and get some decent protein in, this can ward of side effects. I basically felt pregnant when I started mine.

Reactions: 4
The previous thread has some information on Mounjaro but all of earlier threads are about Saxenda and Wegovy / Ozempic. There’s some personal accounts about Mounjaro over on Reddit as well. Good luck! I’m having my third shot tomorrow and have lost 6.6lb since starting!

Reactions: 3
I admit mounjaro hasn’t impacted immediately like Ozempic did when I first started, but I have noticed I’m more full. Hopefully will come with time as my appetite went a bit mad last week and I was eating like nobody’s business.
Also had a god awful stomach reaction from that for two nights 🤢
Kicked in today! Just had a bowl of cereal and left lots of it cause I felt a bit sick in a good way, last week I would’ve hoovered it.

last dose of 0.25 ozempic taken & while I still have some food noise & I'm not down a massive amount of weight, what I can eat is restricted. I ate a normal Sunday dinner & felt sick for HOURS. Yesterday I only ate lunch & the same again, wasn't able for food the rest of the day, and my evening snacking has reduced by approx 70% a cuppa is enough for me now

Reactions: 1
Taken my fourth injection of MJ today. Did I read on the last thread that others found there was liquid still left in the pen? It looks like a full dose. My pen is like that, what’s that all about? 🤷🏽‍♀️

Just ordered Mounjaro ... It feels like I've ordered a little hope. I go away next week and don't know if I should delay starting or just go for it and see what happens?

Taken my fourth injection of MJ today. Did I read on the last thread that others found there was liquid still left in the pen? It looks like a full dose. My pen is like that, what’s that all about? 🤷🏽‍♀️
You can't get the extra out of the MJ pens, unlike O or W where you can. I don't think its anywhere near a full does and it is there for the drip you're suppose to do before you inject.

Yes depending on how much you use priming the needle each time there is at least half or more dose left at the end. You could use needles (available on Amazon) to get that remaining amount out, especially if you're staying on the same dose? You just then inject the remainder directly into yourself but I'm obviously not advocating for that - but saw on Reddit that users have done this as it's obviously very expensive!

Yes depending on how much you use priming the needle each time there is at least half or more dose left at the end. You could use needles (available on Amazon) to get that remaining amount out, especially if you're staying on the same dose? You just then inject the remainder directly into yourself but I'm obviously not advocating for that - but saw on Reddit that users have done this as it's obviously very expensive!
From my experience, the MJ pens being issues in the UK don't allow the remainder to be used, unless you are going to try and draw it out into another syringe and then inject it.

Where are the Wegovy pens do allow it with another needle head.

From my experience, the MJ pens being issues in the UK don't allow the remainder to be used, unless you are going to try and draw it out into another syringe and then inject it.

Yep you just buy the specific needles from Amazon and it can be pushed through the red part where you’d usually attach the needles and draw it out :)

Ah thank you both! I may have to try draw it out and see how much is left. I definitely think it’s a full dose or just under.

Next injection day is tomorrow, I can really feel that it’s worn off now though. I am so hungry I could eat the contents of the cupboards while dinner is cooking.

Yep you just buy the specific needles from Amazon and it can be pushed through the red part where you’d usually attach the needles and draw it out :)
Stupid question…which needles would this be? And assume syringes too? Photos would be amazing!

My pen came with 5 needles which i thought was odd as my wegovy pen only came with 4. I’m going to see if i can use whats left of it and if it doesn’t work then no big deal

My pen came with 5 needles which i thought was odd as my wegovy pen only came with 4. I’m going to see if i can use whats left of it and if it doesn’t work then no big deal
You won’t be able to as the one will lock , I tried 🥲
---
Stupid question…which needles would this be? And assume syringes too? Photos would be amazing!
I attach a photo with the insulin needles that were suggested on Reddit , the measurements are the key and although these are not available , there are hundreds of others . I just had these in my basket for a while so they’ve sold out

Attachments

• Heart