Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How quickly does it usually start working? I had a smallish dinner - not tiny but less than my usual amount. I’ve been thinking about chocolate all evening and I’m going to bed feeling really very hungry. 😅 6 hours since I injected. I have a family member on it and they feel appetite suppression within an hour of injecting.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone had a surgical procedure whilst on Mounjaro.
I was wondering about injecting when going for surgery and found this

• If you take the drug daily, do not take it on the day of your procedure.
  • If you take the drug weekly, stop taking it a week prior to the day of your procedure.
So If I inject normally on a Sunday and surgery is a week on Monday can I inject this weekend? confused.

Hi everyone, I’ve been thinking of one of these injections for a while now. I work as a chef, so I’m always around food, planning menus, tasting, etc. I know these things take away the “noise” but if I have to taste things for my job, which I do, would it make me feel sick? I’m prone to nausea anyway and I can’t stand the feeling of feeling sick.it could also impact my job. I’m 109kg, 174cm talk and size 16-18

Any advice/experiences you have greatly appreciated
I am on Sax and was about 110kg at 167 cm, dropped pretty rapidly to 89kg, I've been sick twice since Jan for more than 3 days so have had to ramp up from the start again, so for a few months I've plateaued but the food noise is totally gone.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone had a surgical procedure whilst on Mounjaro.
I was wondering about injecting when going for surgery and found this

• If you take the drug daily, do not take it on the day of your procedure.
  • If you take the drug weekly, stop taking it a week prior to the day of your procedure.
So If I inject normally on a Sunday and surgery is a week on Monday can I inject this weekend? confused.
Make sure you tell your surgeon as delayed gastric emptying can be an issue for the anaesthetist that they need to know about. They need to know and they will advise you. There are guidelines for this.

Reactions: 4
15 hours after first dose of MJ and no side effects, and I’ve woken up as hungry as ever. 😔
Don’t panic, remember 2.5mg is a loading dose so it may take a few weeks before you feel the effects. I’m on wk 2, have had my appetite suppressed but not majorly and I have only lost 2lb- still good to have a loss but not the huge amount I see people losing on Instagram. I’m determined to trust the process, all of the clinical trials show such good results

Reactions: 4
Don’t panic, remember 2.5mg is a loading dose so it may take a few weeks before you feel the effects. I’m on wk 2, have had my appetite suppressed but not majorly and I have only lost 2lb- still good to have a loss but not the huge amount I see people losing on Instagram. I’m determined to trust the process, all of the clinical trials show such good results
Thank you. My family member who started it last week lost 7lb in the first week and has massive appetite suppression - barely eats. I was just hopeful for similar. I’ve just had a piece of sourdough toast when I’d normally have 2, but it’s a conscious decision rather than lack of appetite. I’m so scared of bei unwell if I eat too much. I’m now analysing every feeling and imagining nausea but tbh I think I’m feeling nothing 🤣

i understand that it’s a loading dose but I guess it’s so much money, I’m not going to want to pay for the next dose up without even a tiny bit of evidence that this drug works for me

I didn't think I'd had much reduction in appetite or food noise but when I went to the supermarket I just wasn't interested in the cakes or chocolate offers. Normally I spend the whole time I'm shopping in silent debate on whether or not I can justify chocolate and end up circling the bakery telling myself if I get a bag of cookies I'll just have one when I know full well I'll have two and at that point I might as well have three and leave two for tomorrow because they're nicer today.

And I think those conscious decisions are part of it. I was given orlistat a few years ago to try and make me make conscious decisions but I was so used to have a bad gut and because it was tablets which I could just stop taking for a cheat meal it didn't help. Where this is in you for a week so to avoid nausea you have to make those decisions.

Reactions: 5
Morning all 👋
Day 2 done on MJ and I must admit I did feel abnormally cold and everyone round me was in shorts and I had an Ooodie on! Also had 3 naps!
However meal sizes were extremely smaller than usual and didn’t feel hungry at all.
Working the whole weekend now and usually eat more than at home so interesting to see how the hunger goes and if I can stay awake.

Reactions: 3
The idea isn’t that you don’t eat on this, it’s not medicated starvation. The idea is you stay fuller for longer and reduce your calorie in take.

You should still be eating. I’m on week 2 of 7.5mg. I eat two meals a day as I rarely eat breakfast and perhaps a snack if I get hungry. About 1200-1400 calories on average and I’m 26lbs down.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The idea isn’t that you don’t eat on this, it’s not medicated starvation. The idea is you stay fuller for longer and reduce your calorie in take.
I'm so glad you've said this, I've seen so many posts (mostly fb tbf) with people bragging how few calories they're eating or complaining that they've had 3 meals a day. It's really quite worrying. These medications should be used as a tool to eat in a calorie deficit not a starvation method. I'm on 3 meals a day, an afternoon snack and around 2000 calories and its working a dream so far.

Reactions: 10
I’ve just taken my 7th mj jab (3rd 5mg) & am 7.5lb down which I’m happy with. I’ve still enjoyed my meals but have not had the urge to overeat or snack loads, if I’ve wanted a small snack then I will have one but don’t binge as I once did.

You should still be eating. I’m on week 2 of 7.5mg. I eat two meals a day as I rarely eat breakfast and perhaps a snack if I get hungry. About 1200-1400 calories on average and I’m 26lbs down.
Not sure if this is aimed at me 😊 I completely understand this, but if I could reduce my calorie intake and sustain it without help from medication I’d have done it years ago. If the medication doesn’t suppress my appetite or make me feel fuller then why am I paying hundreds of pounds for it?

I didn't think I'd had much reduction in appetite or food noise but when I went to the supermarket I just wasn't interested in the cakes or chocolate offers. Normally I spend the whole time I'm shopping in silent debate on whether or not I can justify chocolate and end up circling the bakery telling myself if I get a bag of cookies I'll just have one when I know full well I'll have two and at that point I might as well have three and leave two for tomorrow because they're nicer today.

And I think those conscious decisions are part of it. I was given orlistat a few years ago to try and make me make conscious decisions but I was so used to have a bad gut and because it was tablets which I could just stop taking for a cheat meal it didn't help. Where this is in you for a week so to avoid nausea you have to make those decisions.
Totally relate to your first paragraph about circling aisles and have debates in your head! It’s so nice to walk into a supermarket and not do that anymore. And I did the exact same as you with the cookies but with a pack of 4 muffins 🤣

• Heart
I’m thinking of making the switch to Mounjaro after 6 months on Wegovy - weight loss has slowed down massively and I was only a slow loser anyway. I don’t feel it’s as effective. Bit of a risk tho as I’m getting married mid September so ideally I want to maximise weight loss in the next 4 months and I understand with changing I would need to stop Wegovy for 1 month and who knows what that would be like or what damage could be caused?!
I went straight from highest wegovy one week to lowest dose MJ. No bad reaction. However it’s only now I’m on 7.5MJ (3months in) the hunger suppression is back. Don’t know if this is because I didn’t have a break or the lower dose was just too different. I’ve not lost anything on MJ yet but haven’t gained so taking as a positive and hoping this first week on 7.5 I’ll see a loss. Hope that makes sense and helps x

Reactions: 6
Not sure if this is aimed at me 😊 I completely understand this, but if I could reduce my calorie intake and sustain it without help from medication I’d have done it years ago. If the medication doesn’t suppress my appetite or make me feel fuller then why am I paying hundreds of pounds for it?
This wasn’t aimed at anyone but there are so many people who are saying (for example) I took my injection 1 hours ago and I haven’t noticed a reduction in my appetite.

This is not an instant fix. The first few pens are purely to get you used to the medication. Some people see no results until about week 12, others see if from week 1.

You have to give it a chance, trust the process and stop comparing yourself to other people.

The guidelines are, if you have lost a minimum of 5% of your starting weight in the first 12 weeks, it’s working. How on early can you know from week 1 or 2 if it’s going to work.

As with most things, 12 weeks is a good review point.

Were all here because the usual stuff hasn’t worked but none of us are going to wake up as a size 10 tomorrow. I expect to be on this for at least another 6-9 months.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m thinking of making the switch to Mounjaro after 6 months on Wegovy - weight loss has slowed down massively and I was only a slow loser anyway. I don’t feel it’s as effective. Bit of a risk tho as I’m getting married mid September so ideally I want to maximise weight loss in the next 4 months and I understand with changing I would need to stop Wegovy for 1 month and who knows what that would be like or what damage could be caused?!
I wish i don't have to but i am in the same boat as you. I feel robbed paying £560 and losing next to nothing in 2 months because My last 2 wegovy pens just aren't working at all.

I have been on wegovy since the day it became available in the UK. (4th September) and lost 50lbs.

There is no appetite suppression of any kind now. I did try my best to eat well and kept physical activity high but i still need to lose a fair bit. I will switch to MJ as well, hopefully that helps

Reactions: 3
This wasn’t aimed at anyone but there are so many people who are saying (for example) I took my injection 1 hours ago and I haven’t noticed a reduction in my appetite.

This is not an instant fix. The first few pens are purely to get you used to the medication. Some people see no results until about week 12, others see if from week 1.

You have to give it a chance, trust the process and stop comparing yourself to other people.

The guidelines are, if you have lost a minimum of 5% of your starting weight in the first 12 weeks, it’s working. How on early can you know from week 1 or 2 if it’s going to work.

As with most things, 12 weeks is a good review point.

Were all here because the usual stuff hasn’t worked but none of us are going to wake up as a size 10 tomorrow. I expect to be on this for at least another 6-9 months.
unfortunately some of us can’t afford to wait 12 weeks to even have any suggestion that it’s working 😔 I’m by no means expecting an instant fix (the weight didn’t go on instantly and won’t come off instantly!) but if I don’t have some indication that I haven’t just been injecting myself with saline after the first four weeks I don’t think I could justify the, to me, huge expense of buying the next month. Some indication of it working doesn’t even need to be weight loss it could even be unpleasant side effects - just some indication that it’s getting into my system and doing something, you know?
---
unfortunately some of us can’t afford to wait 12 weeks to even have any suggestion that it’s working 😔 I’m by no means expecting an instant fix (the weight didn’t go on instantly and won’t come off instantly!) but if I don’t have some indication that I haven’t just been injecting myself with saline after the first four weeks I don’t think I could justify the, to me, huge expense of buying the next month. Some indication of it working doesn’t even need to be weight loss it could even be unpleasant side effects - just some indication that it’s getting into my system and doing something, you know?
Sorry realised I used the word indication way too many times but I don’t know how to edit 🤣

• Haha
I get the cost been prohibitive but this is a long term project. Anything I read says stop and the weight returns

• Heart
Reactions: 8
---

Sorry realised I used the word indication way too many times but I don’t know how to edit 🤣
I’m the same. Absolutely no reaction whatsoever. I’m going up to 0.5 on Monday so I’m hoping to get some change.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.