Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone share the amazon link for needle tops they bought for the pens again please?

So after my first week on 5mg MJ I've lost 2.5lbs.
That's 16.5lbs in my first five weeks.
Glad I'm taking measurements too, as I've lost 8 inches from my waist!, 5 from my hips and 4 from my chest.
Struggled massively with constipation this week, so I think my 'true' loss is probably more than the scales show.
Really need to focus this week on getting in the right amount of water to help flush my body as my calorie intake is so reduced.
My other half wanted a chippy tea last night. I said I'd try just a mini fish as I didn't think I could manage much more. Literally ate 4 bites and couldn't manage anything else, so need to try and plan food combinations better to make sure I'm getting the nutrition I need.

Reactions: 7
The idea isn’t that you don’t eat on this, it’s not medicated starvation. The idea is you stay fuller for longer and reduce your calorie in take.

You should still be eating. I’m on week 2 of 7.5mg. I eat two meals a day as I rarely eat breakfast and perhaps a snack if I get hungry. About 1200-1400 calories on average and I’m 26lbs down.
Is it best to calorie count and what time do you take yours? Thanks

unfortunately some of us can’t afford to wait 12 weeks to even have any suggestion that it’s working 😔 I’m by no means expecting an instant fix (the weight didn’t go on instantly and won’t come off instantly!) but if I don’t have some indication that I haven’t just been injecting myself with saline after the first four weeks I don’t think I could justify the, to me, huge expense of buying the next month. Some indication of it working doesn’t even need to be weight loss it could even be unpleasant side effects - just some indication that it’s getting into my system and doing something, you know?
---
Don't take it if you are taking it as a short term fix. It probably won't start working until you are on 1mg, that means you'll have been on it for over 8 weeks before it starts to work. That is how it's supposed to work.
---
I get the cost been prohibitive but this is a long term project. Anything I read says stop and the weight returns
I was on it for 18 months I've stopped taking it now and not put any weight back on thankfully but I am calorie counting. I lost 4 stone but it only started working when I was on 1mg, so it didn't work for 2 - 3 months which I was totally happy with as that's what the instructions said.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry, I'm probably setting a bad example by posting my early losses. It just seemed to work for me quickly. Mainly as it stopped me snacking and put me off alcohol.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m on 2.4 Wegovy and people are only just noticing my weight loss now so with me I’m a slow weight loss Person but feel great . It’s not been a quick fix and it’s been a very much trust the process kind of thing for me . Just coming up to 3 stone loss now 😃 some people lose quickly and some take a bit longer , every human body is different

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry, I'm probably setting a bad example by posting my early losses. It just seemed to work for me quickly. Mainly as it stopped me snacking and put me off alcohol.
Awww no, don’t ever apologise for sharing your journey and being honest about it. It’s brilliant you’ve had early losses and the medication has worked quickly.
I think the important thing when starting the medication is not to expect a quick fix and to stop comparing to others.
I’ve had big and small losses and I’ve also gained. Everyone’s journey is different and everyone’s body reacts differently.
So please don’t apologise or ever think you are setting a bad example because you are not 🤗🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.