Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a bit disheartened and just looking for a bit of advice/reasurance.

I started on wegovy last Monday evening and even though I have felt a bit nauseous and I haven’t eaten my “normal weekly quota of food” I haven lost and I haven’t gained! I have exercised more than I normally would and nothing…. 😔. I appreciate that I only started to record my dosage, weight and measurements last Monday evening when I injected for the first time but I feel a bit deflated. I had a breast reduction at the end of January 2024 and my belly (I am VERY apple shaped) really is more prominent now and it’s really knocking my confidence down 🥺
The first few doses are to get you used to the medication. Lots are lucky to see a change from the start but some of us (me included) only really started to see the meds taking effect once we were at 1mg and higher. I would stick with your new exercise routine, drink lots of water, eat a good diet and give it three months!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What sort of exercise is everyone doing? I'm trying for a daily brisk 30 mins walk but not sure that is enough. I hate gyms and thinking 30 mins would be easy to maintain in bad weather. I like to be outside.

What sort of exercise is everyone doing? I'm trying for a daily brisk 30 mins walk but not sure that is enough. I hate gyms and thinking 30 mins would be easy to maintain in bad weather. I like to be outside.
Nothing major for me just walking at lunch time (I have an office job), getting out more when I’m not at work and generally making more of an effort for me. When my surgeon signs me off next month I want to start couch 25k and maybe join a local netball team as the gym isn’t really my thing either

Reactions: 1
Hi all, looking to switch to Mounjaro next month, which is the best site to order from that provides the needles? Keep seeing people needing to buy additional needles so would like to avoid this, many thanks 🙏

Hi all, looking to switch to Mounjaro next month, which is the best site to order from that provides the needles? Keep seeing people needing to buy additional needles so would like to avoid this, many thanks 🙏
I used Bolt Pharmacy. They supplied 5 needles, alcohol wipes and a sharps bin. The extra needles might be for the 5th dose? The pen gives you 4 but apparently you can either force a 5th dose using the pen or get it out with an insulin syringe.

• Heart
Most likely the heat?
Possibly! Well I reckon injection day is when my guts go haywire. Been stuck on the loo over an hour shitting like a Labrador, one of my main fears taking this drug was bowel blockage- at least those fears have been relieved- literally 💩💩

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've restarted couch 2 5k (for the 10th time, lol) with the Runna app. Making the most of the weather!
I also q like growwithjo YouTube videos when the weather's pap.

Reactions: 3
Day 4 Mounjaro for me, was so amazed at the lack of food noise since I started- thought I’d be someone who might stick at 2.5mg! However bit more interest in food for me today though- definitely still working but I would definitely eat a chocolate bar given the opportunity today whereas I wouldn’t over the weekend!

Has anybody opted to stay on 2.5 mounjaro? My appetite is suppressed and side effects minimal. I’ve lost 1stone this month.

Has anybody opted to stay on 2.5 mounjaro? My appetite is suppressed and side effects minimal. I’ve lost 1stone this month.
I did as I was happy with the results. Was losing and minimal side effects. I did feel the effects of MJ reducing quicker though after the 6th jab of 2.5mg so probably could have moved up then.
I'm in a similar situation now with the 5mg; Debating whether to move up or stay on 5mg for another month!

I found this thread by accident as I didn’t think I’d be interested in weight loss injections but curiosity made me read and I’m now convinced that I’m going to be going down this route thanks to all your honest advice and support.
Currently on WW for like the millionth time and losing between 0.5 - 1lb a week and each loss feels like a huge battle to the point where I’m becoming obsessed by food and thinking about it constantly. The idea of these thoughts been silenced is quite frankly exciting.

Couple of questions for you
1. Peri-menopausal women, is it working for you? I’ve put 4 stone in the last 18 months which I think is related
2. What do you do about holidays? I have 2 weeks away booked for the start of the school holidays. I’m thinking I should continue with current regime and then start after my holiday as I don’t want to faff about taking it while away. Plus the inner greedy pig says enjoy your holiday now it’s so close but could I start now and then pause for those 2 weeks or would it be best to keep on it.

Hi all , quick update from me.
On week 9 and had posted at weekend as I had been horrendously sick when going up a dose level to 1mg of wegovy. Thankfully it subsided over three days but the gas was very uncomfortable and tmi 🫠 violent diarrhoea and sulphur burps 😞 felt like I was in the throes of a flu. Due to take again in the next few days and so worried it will happen again.
However the scales have been great. I didn’t have much lost on .25mg but now overall on 23 pound loss!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

I found this thread by accident as I didn’t think I’d be interested in weight loss injections but curiosity made me read and I’m now convinced that I’m going to be going down this route thanks to all your honest advice and support.
Currently on WW for like the millionth time and losing between 0.5 - 1lb a week and each loss feels like a huge battle to the point where I’m becoming obsessed by food and thinking about it constantly. The idea of these thoughts been silenced is quite frankly exciting.

Couple of questions for you
1. Peri-menopausal women, is it working for you? I’ve put 4 stone in the last 18 months which I think is related
2. What do you do about holidays? I have 2 weeks away booked for the start of the school holidays. I’m thinking I should continue with current regime and then start after my holiday as I don’t want to faff about taking it while away. Plus the inner greedy pig says enjoy your holiday now it’s so close but could I start now and then pause for those 2 weeks or would it be best to keep on it.
I lost the peri weight gain and its staying off. I was a constant weight loss club member. It wrecked my head and approach to food particularly SW. Hols I manage and continue jabbing maybe reduce dose or increasing intervals between. However I was someone who could pack on 7lbs while away for a week.

I was asking the same question 10 days in. But after I'd taken my third injection I was starting to feel the effect wear off, plus the weight loss had plateaued. I'd not had any major side effects on 2.5 so I decided to go up. First week on 5 was fine - a little bit of nausea the day after injecting, but ok, and it kick started the weight loss again. However I've now done my second injection and I'm really struggling with sickness.

So for what it's worth, if you're near the end of the month on 2.5 and it's still working, I'd be tempted to stick with it.

I think I’m learning that day 1-2 after I’ve injected is the worse for me with side effects. I injected my third 5mg MJ dose on Sunday and yesterday and today I’ve felt like crap. Awful eggy gas, upset stomach and just feel tired.

I go on holiday soon for 10 days and planned on altering my days slightly til then until I was ready to take my third 7.5mg dose the day before I flew and then go 10 days before my next one. However I’m convinced I’ll feel rotten while I’m away if I do that. I’m going to time it so I take my second dose about 5 days before and then just take a 2 week break.

All that being said, I took my first ever dose on the 9th April, so 6 weeks ago and I am 1st7lbs down 🙌🙌 I planned on trying it for 3 months and then coming off it because of the cost but I think I’m going to continue for a while longer

• Sad
I took my first dose of 5mg on Sunday and after not really having many side effects on 2.5mg, I'm already noticing the difference in the amount of food I can eat before feeling full, am very tired, and this morning I have woken up and been violently sick.
I hope that doesn't happen every day, but let's see.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.