Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
11lbs off on MJ in 2 weeks so I guess I'm one of the people it works for from the outset. Very happy. Waistbands feel looser.
We started at the same time @JuneJuneHannah, I've not lost as much as much as you, well done! But it's really good to have someone I can.compare with ( not stalking you,😂 honestly)
I feel better for not constantly snacking and the guilt that comes.with that.

Hurray my chemist gave me a pen on the deathknell of my prescription. As an Irish user I am fed up with how much easier it is to source a variety of drugs in uk. Really would love to try mounjaro as have possibly another stone to drop but I wouldn't qualify now.

Reactions: 3
We started at the same time @JuneJuneHannah, I've not lost as much as much as you, well done! But it's really good to have someone I can.compare with ( not stalking you,😂 honestly)
I feel better for not constantly snacking and the guilt that comes.with that.
I might be taking things a bit far and should maybe be trying to eat more.

Reactions: 1
Hurray my chemist gave me a pen on the deathknell of my prescription. As an Irish user I am fed up with how much easier it is to source a variety of drugs in uk. Really would love to try mounjaro as have possibly another stone to drop but I wouldn't qualify now.
yeah its a pain in the ass

I have just ordered my first 0.25mg Wegovy pen. I’m weirdly terrified even though I know it’s been safely used for years and all the posts on here have been really helpful.

Any advice for a complete newbie who is also very nervous (and skeptical)? What kind of things reduce side effects etc? I am 100kg and 5ft 11 so I have a fair bit to get rid of!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone had quite bad back pain when taking wegovy? Not sure if it’s correlated but it seems to be right in the middle

• Heart
I have just ordered my first 0.25mg Wegovy pen. I’m weirdly terrified even though I know it’s been safely used for years and all the posts on here have been really helpful.

Any advice for a complete newbie who is also very nervous (and skeptical)? What kind of things reduce side effects etc? I am 100kg and 5ft 11 so I have a fair bit to get rid of!
Drink lots of water and try to eat protein for every meal. I'd also aim for small meals more frequently rather than a few big meals - I think you're less likely to feel sick from eating too much that way. Also be patient! It's a marathon not a sprint, and the weight won't all fall off overnight.

I'd also recommend reading the instructions about how to inject yourself a few times so you feel confident doing so. Good luck!

• Heart

Even after three injections I still watch a youtube video on how to inject, makes it fool proof. Best of luck.

• Heart
Even after three injections I still watch a youtube video on how to inject, makes it fool proof. Best of luck.
I always take a quiet time of the day to inject rather then rushing through the process and possibly make a mistake.

Reactions: 2
Hi all you are all doing so well 👏🏻
Day one for me on MJ. Found the pen and doing the injection perfectly easy.
BMI of 52.5 🫢
Little bit apprehensive about any side effects I must admit as am a bit of a fanny!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi folks. I'm on saxenda 2 weeks now. About to move up to 1.8 tomorrow but im still hungry which is quite frustrating. Has anyone any insight or experience? I'm probably not putting away what I could before but certainly no food aversion etc. Thanks.

Hi all you are all doing so well 👏🏻
Day one for me on MJ. Found the pen and doing the injection perfectly easy.
BMI of 52.5 🫢
Little bit apprehensive about any side effects I must admit as am a bit of a fanny!
I got very tired in the evening of day 1 so you may be having an early night. I think headache on day 2 and then fine afterwards.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Just wanted to say welcome to the club and saying hello to a newer version of you. Really hope you have success with Wegovy. No advice to offer in relation to the side effects as the others have pretty much said it all 🤗
My biggest tip is, don’t compare your journey or losses to anyone elses. Don’t feel disheartened or discouraged if you don’t see immediate losses. Sometimes it takes a bit of time.
I’m on MJ, this is my 10th week and within the 10 weeks 2 of them consist of gains. Not massive gains but I went out and enjoyed myself, I don’t want to restrict myself for special occasions ie cousins hen do last weekend. It’s part of life but with the pens, I’ve been able to pull myself back and not continue with weeks of eating crap like I normally would. But in saying that, although I’ve had small gains, I’ve also almost lost a stone and half.
This has been the best decision of maaaa life! So so so glad I made the jump ❤🔥😝

• Heart
Thank you for all your replies :) I am really excited as well as nervous 😬 will definitely keep updating on here when I start! I’ve gone with Asda so I’m hoping they will deliver my first one soon! 🤞🏻

Thank you for all your replies :) I am really excited as well as nervous 😬 will definitely keep updating on here when I start! I’ve gone with Asda so I’m hoping they will deliver my first one soon! 🤞🏻
My husband ordered Asda over the weekend, it was approved Monday and delivered on Tuesday 😊

Reactions: 5
So, random, but have any of those on MJ noticed a change in their tastebuds?
I don't mean like what you want to eat, but has the actual taste of things changed for you? I feel like they have and I wanted to check if it was just me? 🙈

Reactions: 8
I don't mean like what you want to eat, but has the actual taste of things changed for you? I feel like they have and I wanted to check if it was just me? 🙈
Yes mine definitely have! Nothing ignites my taste buds the same as before MJ

Reactions: 8
Not sure about an actual change of taste, but chocolate is really underwhelming for me at the moment, its like the taste has been dulled down. I had a bar of galaxy the other night and it normally powers up my taste buds, but nada, it was genuinly like the flavour had been turned down is the only way I could describe it

Reactions: 6
Yes! Pasta tastes horrible to me hind of sweet almost? Nothing really seems to do it for me now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.