Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just picked up my very first Saxenda. Injected myself so shall now see how it goes. I am very overweight need to lose about 6 stone so am really hoping this helps.

I have cut down on food already and went for a long walk this morning. I decided to take the injections after work and see how it goes, am hoping if I get side effects it will be at home & when I am sleeping not when at the office.

Reactions: 7
My plan is to carry on with my new habits ( lots of water, no snacking, small healthy meals) but I think that’s probably easier for someone like me who only had a stone to lose because I suppose my food ‘issues’ weren’t that disordered in the first place? (I don’t mean that to sound like I’m a patronising twit to anyone seriously overweight 🫤)

I’m also going to carry on weighing myself every day as, personally that helps me to be honest with myself and not ignore it when the weight is creeping back. I know it’s considered disordered for some, but it works for me!
Me too

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my journey on here after reading here for a few weeks before bulding up the courage to order my firat pen. Im currently 3 and a half weeks on Saxenda. Don't have as much weight to lose as some but at my biggest I've been since after my children.

Started on a Wednesday (5.4.23) and started with only 5 clicks as was going away for a family holiday and didn't want to feel awful after reading about others side effects. That was enough to suppress my appetite. Only side effect I had was a bit of ingestion the second day. Lost 1.6kg that first week (13.4.23).

Start of my second week (13.4.23) I week up to the first proper does of 0.6, no side effects apart from feeling tired but I'm generally a tired person as is. Lost a further kg 0.7kg in a week and a half (23.4.23). Had decided to stick with the 0.6 as it was still suppressing my appetite.

Tuesday this week I increased my dose to 1.2 as was feeling hungry again and had binged the previous day on a load of crap. Dose knocked me, felt like I was coming down with flu. Aching, headache, couldn't get warm nausea. Decided the next day to go back down to 0.6 + 5 clicks and change injection site. Side effects gone and appetite suppressed. Weighed and had lost a further 0.3kg. Last weigh in was Thursday morning (27.4.23) and dropped a further 0.8kg.

So thats a total of 3.4kg/(half a stone!!) gone in 3 weeks! Slow and steady. Just ordered my second pen today. Mainly only eating one meal a day and plenty of fluids. Hoping to lose at least another half a stone before I go away in 4 weeks :)

Day 1 guys and I think it may be in my head but I have had no food noise today, ate very little and I’m not hungry at all!

I’ve had a sandwich, a biscuit, a packet of crisps that I took out of habit and got bored eating so I put them back (that has NEVER happened)

The kids wanted pizza, we got a dominos delivery and I had one slice and was satisfied! I’m someone who could easily eat a full pizza on my own plus garlic bread and chicken,

What on Earth is going on? Surely it couldn’t have worked so quick.., Is it s placebo effect? Whatever it is, if this keeps up I’ll be delighted

Reactions: 9
I’ve taken the plunge and placed an order with Myjuniper. They’ve asked me to take a waist measurement - is this normal practice/happened to anyone else?

Day 1 guys and I think it may be in my head but I have had no food noise today, ate very little and I’m not hungry at all!

I’ve had a sandwich, a biscuit, a packet of crisps that I took out of habit and got bored eating so I put them back (that has NEVER happened)

The kids wanted pizza, we got a dominos delivery and I had one slice and was satisfied! I’m someone who could easily eat a full pizza on my own plus garlic bread and chicken,

What on Earth is going on? Surely it couldn’t have worked so quick.., Is it s placebo effect? Whatever it is, if this keeps up I’ll be delighted
It’s great isn’t it? Having no food noise.
the day I took my first dose, the noise stopped and I couldn’t finish my food. Like you, I thought it was a placebo effect but three weeks on, Its still the same
Good luck to you x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s great isn’t it? Having no food noise.
the day I took my first dose, the noise stopped and I couldn’t finish my food. Like you, I thought it was a placebo effect but three weeks on, Its still the same
Good luck to you x
That’s so amazing to hear! So excited to feel ‘cured’ good luck to you too x

Reactions: 4
My appetite has changed since I took the injection Thursday night. I still get hungry but I am happier with less food. I poured a “Normal” bowl of cereal for me (so quite sizeable) but I’ve left a good chunk because I’m full! I’m having a little bit of nausea but nothing serious. I did weigh myself today and I’ve lost some weight, possibly just water but I’ll take it.

I had a little sweet treat after dinner and stopped when I realised I was content. This is huge for me, I usually binge in the evenings when my adhd meds wear off.

I even turned down a maccies breakfast yesterday 😵

Hello all!

I started Rybelsus tablets 3mg dose yesterday.
I did feel like my appetite was suppressed a little and even turned down chocolate!

I‘m hoping it will help with my binge eating in the evenings.

Looking to lose 20kg at least - combination of baby weight and out of control eating. I will weigh myself once a month.

Really excited to start this journey, its been long overdue

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Day 2 for me… I ate more today than yesterday but no where near what I have been eating.

Looking at my calories, it works out that I’m in a decifit so all good! It’s been a long time since I’ve been in a decifit 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It’s all kicking off on my Manual support group as people are being told they won’t get the 1mg pens due to a shortage

• Wow
Do you think it’s worth us putting together a q&a of all the most commonly asked questions for the first post of the next thread?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hi ladies, I had my first jab of 0.25 Ozempic last Tuesday. I haven't noticed a reduction in my appetite, in fact, quite the opposite!

Can someone please reassure me this is normal and it may take a while for it to have an effect? Panicking slightly 🥴

Manual is a supplier of Ozempic, so I’m guessing the 1mg ozempic pens 😊

Trying to think of the most commonly asked questions now, but I think it will be helpful for newbies.

Hi ladies, I had my first jab of 0.25 Ozempic last Tuesday. I haven't noticed a reduction in my appetite, in fact, quite the opposite!

Can someone please reassure me this is normal and it may take a while for it to have an effect? Panicking slightly 🥴
Don’t panic! The 0.25 dose is tiny, give it time😊

• Heart
Manual is a supplier of Ozempic, so I’m guessing the 1mg ozempic pens 😊

Trying to think of the most commonly asked questions now, but I think it will be helpful for newbies.

Don’t panic! The 0.25 dose is tiny, give it time😊
Thank you! I tried My Simba previously but the side effects were so debilitating I had to stop. Praying I do better on this 🙏

• Heart
Just gone up to 1.8 on Sax. I was terrible yesterday, had a right munch/craving what I’ve not had since starting. My appetite doesn’t seem to be reducing higher up I’m getting. Just placed order for 5 more pens and they stated stock shortage on boots website - hoping I’m not too affected. Wondering how long I can sustain this financially tho, I have a large amount to lose, 5 stone ideally. What’s everyone’s plans with a similar amount to lose? Would be amazing if Wegovy was a more reasonable price but I’m assuming it’ll be the same kinda price point.

Reactions: 1
First week back. Dropped. .5 lbs. Considering I am down over 25% original weight I'll be interested ti see how I get on after a month off due to supply. Was out out last night. Lovely meal but wore spanx and felt awful. Spanx are the enemy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.