Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend somewhere to get ozempic that doesn’t use Royal Mail please?
First pen has been stuck ‘in transit’ for days now so I’m giving up hope of getting it and assume as it’s been out of the fridge now for so long it will be ruined anyway? Frustrating as wanted to start asap and the company I bought from are not getting back to me at all

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend somewhere to get ozempic that doesn’t use Royal Mail please?
First pen has been stuck ‘in transit’ for days now so I’m giving up hope of getting it and assume as it’s been out of the fridge now for so long it will be ruined anyway? Frustrating as wanted to start asap and the company I bought from are not getting back to me at all
I’ve had a couple of deliveries that have got delayed in the post. All have been ok when they arrived. When I’ve queried it they’ve told me the ice packs keep it within temperature for up to 72-96 hours. One had completely melted ice but the pack was still cold and the pens fine. Hopefully yours will be ok 🤞🏼 they’ve also told me if not delivered within the time they’d replace it, so hopefully yours will too.

Reactions: 2
Anyone got any tips for a newbie, starting Ozempic this week. How do I minimise any potential sickness (my biggest fear) I’d there a particular place to inject or time, before of after food.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

I didn’t realise that one of the side effects was going off alcohol! Does this happen to everyone? I used to be a bad binge drinker always going for dinner with my friends and getting on the wine then ending up out out. Since ive been on this ive been for dinner 3 times and to a party once and had no desire to drink much each time and been home by like10/11 (at night not in the morning which it usually would be ha)
Can’t say I’m complaining! Ozempic has completely changed my toxic relationships with food and alcohol!
Yes apparently that is one side effect. I was a little worried about that tbh as people report horrendous hangovers. Wine for me is one of the things that has caused my gain in weight. So I know in the long run and cos of my age etc cutting back drastically on wine is an essential for me. This feels like a good opportunity to try to enforce new habits. I’m loving the take it or leave it feeling.

The only way I’ve drank less is when I’ve felt too full to drink any more. I really struggle with beer now but cocktails and vodka & Diet Coke or cranberry are fine. My hangovers are no worse than before although I tend to have less of them now that I don’t manage to squeeze in that one last drink at the end of the night 😁

Anyone got any tips for a newbie, starting Ozempic this week. How do I minimise any potential sickness (my biggest fear) I’d there a particular place to inject or time, before of after food.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Drink plenty of water, eat regularly even if it’s a tiny amount. Inject in your thigh or stomach as long as you’re injecting in to fat. I prefer stomach. I’ve noticed no difference at all to whether it’s before or after food - I imagine it would matter even less with ozempic as it’s a weekly injection?

Reactions: 4
Well it arrived & after some deep breaths the 1st dose is in (I don’t mind needles but popping 1 in my own tummy had me nervous) 🤷🏼‍♀️
I have weighed and measured this morning to keep a guide of the loss & need to ensure I have plenty of water I guess, very excited for this journey x

Reactions: 6
I didn’t realise that one of the side effects was going off alcohol! Does this happen to everyone? I used to be a bad binge drinker always going for dinner with my friends and getting on the wine then ending up out out. Since ive been on this ive been for dinner 3 times and to a party once and had no desire to drink much each time and been home by like10/11 (at night not in the morning which it usually would be ha)
Can’t say I’m complaining! Ozempic has completely changed my toxic relationships with food and alcohol!
I had a couple of cocktails the other day but that was my first drink in two weeks.
I think it’s possibly because I’m eating better and cleaner, drinking more water, I’ve got less of a desire to drink. Also psychologically i think it feels like empty calories so a bit of a waste of time aha

I’m on week 6 or 7 and 16lb down happy with the loss but I do have constant sickness and not the least bit interested in food at all I’m off on holiday in 5 weeks and want to enjoy all the local food I know I will gain a few lbs but I’m not fussed as I’m on holiday! I don’t want to go away feeling sick and not really any interest in food so shall I miss 2 jabs prior to going ? Ozempic btw

Reactions: 6
I’m on week 6 or 7 and 16lb down happy with the loss but I do have constant sickness and not the least bit interested in food at all I’m off on holiday in 5 weeks and want to enjoy all the local food I know I will gain a few lbs but I’m not fussed as I’m on holiday! I don’t want to go away feeling sick and not really any interest in food so shall I miss 2 jabs prior to going ? Ozempic btw
I was wondering this too, I’ve got 2 weeks in Italy in August and I am planning to eat allllll the pasta and pizza. Wondering how to wean myself off for those 2 weeks 🤔

I was wondering this too, I’ve got 2 weeks in Italy in August and I am planning to eat allllll the pasta and pizza. Wondering how to wean myself off for those 2 weeks 🤔
I won’t be deprived on holiday! One thing I look forward to is all the nice food 😂😂

Most people say it’s not effective or as effective if you stop and start. It’s a medication, not a diet where you can have cheat days or a week off. You’d probably be better reducing the dose you’re taking rather than stopping completely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Most people say it’s not effective or as effective if you stop and start. It’s a medication, not a diet where you can have chest days or a week off. You’d probably be better reducing the dose you’re taking rather than stopping completely.
I’ve stuck to 0.25 as I’m loosing and it’s working I don’t want to take it on holiday with me so I will miss two jabs and if it works it works if it doesn’t then that’s on me, I’ve got another 16lb to lose in total so not a huge amount it won’t be an issue for me going back to square one

To the people thinking of skipping jabs for holidays…I wouldn’t. The nausea does not last. I think the meds work best taken as directed. The minute you start messing around with it there are stalls and gains, in my experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
To the people thinking of skipping jabs for holidays…I wouldn’t. The nausea does not last. I think the meds work best taken as directed. The minute you start messing around with it there are stalls and gains, in my experience.
My nausea has been constant since day 1 so I’m going to skip and just go with it

Nearly 8 weeks in and my appetite has returned on saxenda. Not as much as before I started taking it but I can eat more and I'm much hungrier in between meals. I take the injection at 6pm so thinking I might slowly work up to taking it at breakfast instead.

I’d anyone is still unsure then look at My Juniper. Mine came within a couple of days, discrete packaging unlike my Saxenda that came with stickers all over saying it was medication and must be signed for. It came in a plain box and the supper is excellent. There’s a slack channel to connect to others and access to your own health coach who is a qualified dietician. Lots of people asking questions and lots of useful info. You aren’t doing it on your own and it’s making a difference.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.