Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, I had my first dose of Ozempic on weds (0.25mg). I honestly thought that would be too little to make any difference. Man I was wrong! I couldn’t eat at all on Wednesday evening or Thursday all day. Today I’ve managed half a slice of toast for breakfast and half a sandwich for lunch. This is sooo unlike me, I normally have 2 slices of toast and 2 boiled eggs for breakfast with coffee and a smoothie then I’m hungry an hour later 😂 looking forward to weigh day next week!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ordered my saxenda today & should be here tomorrow, very excited to start if anyone fancies a new starter buddy?
Have read that 3L of water a day helps?
I am keeping it quiet as to how I am loosing the weight as diet culture is huge at work & I can not be bothered with the judgement of the SW gang 😆 Each to their own and all that but those women are brutal (I can tell you all about syns in my lunch due to that club!)
So, here’s to Saxenda & hopefully good results once I put the work in too x

Reactions: 12
So, I had my first dose of Ozempic on weds (0.25mg). I honestly thought that would be too little to make any difference. Man I was wrong! I couldn’t eat at all on Wednesday evening or Thursday all day. Today I’ve managed half a slice of toast for breakfast and half a sandwich for lunch. This is sooo unlike me, I normally have 2 slices of toast and 2 boiled eggs for breakfast with coffee and a smoothie then I’m hungry an hour later 😂 looking forward to weigh day next week!
Madness isn’t it!!! I can’t get over how much I DONT want to eat!!
Long may it continue 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Madness isn’t it!!! I can’t get over how much I DONT want to eat!!
Long may it continue 😂😂😂
I agree. It’s absolutely amazing to not have that food noise, as I’ve seen others call it. I feel tired, but at the same time I feel energised by not being stressed about food and eating. This is what it is like for a natural slim person.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I done my first week on saxenda and lost 4lb - my next weigh day is Monday - I usually never lose weight on my 2nd week and that’s usually what sends me into ‘what is the point’ mode 😫 I can notice I’m not as hungry and Im serving myself much smaller portions 💃🏻

• Heart
Is anyone in Ireland on Saxenda? I'm running out in few days and I see that my usual pharmacy has up that there are supply issues and that it won't be available in Ireland until mid May. Really don't want to go off for month and have to start again. Would appreciate any info. Thanks.
Ladies could anyone offer any advice on my post above from earlier today. Iv rang around a good few pharmacies this afternoon and none have it in until mid May. I'm so disappointed as going on my holiday in one months time exactly and wanted to stick with it. Iv only gone up to 3.0 last 2 weeks and it's suiting me. Really worried that coming off cold turkey I'll just undo all my good work....based in Dublin. Thank you I'm advance.

Ladies could anyone offer any advice on my post above from earlier today. Iv rang around a good few pharmacies this afternoon and none have it in until mid May. I'm so disappointed as going on my holiday in one months time exactly and wanted to stick with it. Iv only gone up to 3.0 last 2 weeks and it's suiting me. Really worried that coming off cold turkey I'll just undo all my good work....based in Dublin. Thank you I'm advance.
Did you try chemist warehouse. They seem to be buying in bulk cause they’re selling it for so cheap

Reactions: 1
Did you try chemist warehouse. They seem to be buying in bulk cause they’re selling it for so cheap
I'm based in Ireland so need a pharmacy in Ireland. They don't deliver to here I believe, thanks though.

How does ozempic work in regard to the mg and clicks? Is it based on which pen you have or how many clicks you do? I’m abit confused I’m on a pen that says 1mg on the box and I’ve been doing 24 clicks a week, to be fair I’ve lost a good few inches and had very few side effects just the odd migraine and putrid burps but these are few and far between.

Can feel the odd craving and hunger creeping back in do I need a new pen next time with a higher mg or do I get the same and just increase the clicks? Thanks in advance

How does ozempic work in regard to the mg and clicks? Is it based on which pen you have or how many clicks you do? I’m abit confused I’m on a pen that says 1mg on the box and I’ve been doing 24 clicks a week, to be fair I’ve lost a good few inches and had very few side effects just the odd migraine and putrid burps but these are few and far between.

Can feel the odd craving and hunger creeping back in do I need a new pen next time with a higher mg or do I get the same and just increase the clicks? Thanks in advance
There's about 70 clicks in 1mg if I remember correctly. When I started on 0.25mg I used 17 clicks each week.
The 1mg pen is the highest strength there is so you just increase the clicks.

There's about 70 clicks in 1mg if I remember correctly. When I started on 0.25mg I used 17 clicks each week.
The 1mg pen is the highest strength there is so you just increase the clicks.
Ah okay that makes sense, thank you so much for your help!

This thread has been so helpful and inspiring! I’m really keen to try one of these medications. I lost 5 stone last year on the 1:1 diet but I’ve regained half a stone and my binge eating tendencies have reared their head again. I am so desperate for the feeling of not being bothered by food that lots of you have mentioned. Overall, would you say this is stronger on Saxenda or Ozempic? Thanks everyone 😊

Reactions: 3
This thread has been so helpful and inspiring! I’m really keen to try one of these medications. I lost 5 stone last year on the 1:1 diet but I’ve regained half a stone and my binge eating tendencies have reared their head again. I am so desperate for the feeling of not being bothered by food that lots of you have mentioned. Overall, would you say this is stronger on Saxenda or Ozempic? Thanks everyone 😊
I get that effect with both. Ozempic is more convenient, it being weekly, I think.

Reactions: 2
Well happy to report I had some wine last night and I enjoyed it and don’t feel bad today. I’m guessing this is cos my dose is wearing off a bit ? Had my first 0.25 jab on Monday. Friday night wine is a big tradition for me and my husband so was interested to see how I coped with that. I was able to be very restrained though and I love that. I have booked Tuesday off work for after my next dose just cos I can and will have a nap if needed. Last Tuesday I felt pretty ropey but that was because I woke up at 3:30am and didn’t really sleep after that. Not due to Ozempic though, that was due to work stress. And peri menopause etc.

Reactions: 3
Well happy to report I had some wine last night and I enjoyed it and don’t feel bad today. I’m guessing this is cos my dose is wearing off a bit ? Had my first 0.25 jab on Monday. Friday night wine is a big tradition for me and my husband so was interested to see how I coped with that. I was able to be very restrained though and I love that. I have booked Tuesday off work for after my next dose just cos I can and will have a nap if needed. Last Tuesday I felt pretty ropey but that was because I woke up at 3:30am and didn’t really sleep after that. Not due to Ozempic though, that was due to work stress. And peri menopause etc.
I didn’t realise that one of the side effects was going off alcohol! Does this happen to everyone? I used to be a bad binge drinker always going for dinner with my friends and getting on the wine then ending up out out. Since ive been on this ive been for dinner 3 times and to a party once and had no desire to drink much each time and been home by like10/11 (at night not in the morning which it usually would be ha)
Can’t say I’m complaining! Ozempic has completely changed my toxic relationships with food and alcohol!

• Heart
Today is my first day on 2.4 of saxenda. I can't say I've really noticed a decrease in appetite so far - I've had a couple of days where I've eaten barely anything because I felt so sick, and I've been making healthy choices the same as I was in the weeks before, but I'm not less hungry at all. Hopefully the 2.4 will have an effect.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I didn’t realise that one of the side effects was going off alcohol! Does this happen to everyone? I used to be a bad binge drinker always going for dinner with my friends and getting on the wine then ending up out out. Since ive been on this ive been for dinner 3 times and to a party once and had no desire to drink much each time and been home by like10/11 (at night not in the morning which it usually would be ha)
Can’t say I’m complaining! Ozempic has completely changed my toxic relationships with food and alcohol!
I'm only a week in on ryblesus (oral ozempic) and am still drinking quite a bit at the weekends. I'm hoping eventually this will wear off as I drink far too much at the moment.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.