Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1) I told mine after I started
2) the thyroid risk was identified in mice also being overweight is a cancer risk
3) stay on, I would say. I just checked and I’ve lost over 16% of my starting weight

Reactions: 4
1) I told mine after I started
2) the thyroid risk was identified in mice also being overweight is a cancer risk
3) stay on, I would say. I just checked and I’ve lost over 16% of my starting weight
How long did it take you to lose that 15%?

Reactions: 1
1. I’ve told mine but if I hadn’t they’d have no clue
2. The risks of being overweight far outweighed the risk of cancer for me.
3. Stay on it. It’s not a diet, it’s a medication. You wouldn’t have cheat days or weeks off if you were taking heart medication or antidepressants etc, this should be treated the same. There are countless stories of people who stop taking it for a holiday and then it doesn’t work for them again.
I think the 15% is you’re supposed to lose that much in the first 12 weeks or it’s not working as it should for you? Unsure. I’ve lost around 30% of my starting weight now and have no issues getting prescribed (other than I’m v.close to target weight so I occasionally get extra questions).

Reactions: 8
Not a medical professional, but a common theme a lot of us seem to have commented on is it takes away the hunger feeling and helps break those patterns of: eating because you’re bored, eating because you need some comfort, basically eating for any reason other than you’re hungry. It helped re-shape my relationship with food, and with my body, so yes I think it should help with the willpower. Good luck 🙂
This is exactly what keeps me going. It's such a relief and a freedom not to be thinking and guilt-tripping about food.
However, I'm 9 weeks in on ozempic and since moving to 0.5g I'm killed with reflux and nausea. Does it get any better? I take the injection on a Thursday and have been sick for most weekends. I've even missed work because of it. I don't think I've figured out the right foods for me yet.
Can anyone relate? Or advise? Thank you x

Reactions: 5
This is exactly what keeps me going. It's such a relief and a freedom not to be thinking and guilt-tripping about food.
However, I'm 9 weeks in on ozempic and since moving to 0.5g I'm killed with reflux and nausea. Does it get any better? I take the injection on a Thursday and have been sick for most weekends. I've even missed work because of it. I don't think I've figured out the right foods for me yet.
Can anyone relate? Or advise? Thank you x
This is why I’ve decided to not continue with Oz. I’ve only done a week 😂😂😂 waste of money 💴 hey??? I felt so horribly tired last week, dizzy and nauseous. Unable to workout, barely able to walk my dogs. I hated feeling like that. I loved the fact I had no food noise but I felt like I was in an outer body experience. For my job I just can’t be like that. I’ve actually been worrying about mistakes I might have made at the end of last week cos I was just so tired and felt in a fog 😴 The last few days of feeling a bit more normal has been a huge relief and I just can’t bring myself to inflict this on me again. I think I’m scared of getting worse as the dose goes up as well. I am going to have to try to summon up some willpower from somewhere. If I am still obese when I get closer to retirement etc I’ll definitely do this again but I’d need to be in a less demanding job and able to have more days to rest if necessary. But right now this isn’t for me which is a shame 😔

• Heart
Guys I received my ozempic order on Friday but got struck down by the stomach bug that’s been doing the rounds. I still feel ropey this morning.

Gutted as I’ve been dying to start! Going to wait until I’m 100% better before taking my first dose.

So glad I didn’t take it as soon as I’d received it or I’d have been blaming the sickness on it! Lol

Reactions: 7
1. I’ve told mine but if I hadn’t they’d have no clue
2. The risks of being overweight far outweighed the risk of cancer for me.
3. Stay on it. It’s not a diet, it’s a medication. You wouldn’t have cheat days or weeks off if you were taking heart medication or antidepressants etc, this should be treated the same. There are countless stories of people who stop taking it for a holiday and then it doesn’t work for them again.
I think the 15% is you’re supposed to lose that much in the first 12 weeks or it’s not working as it should for you? Unsure. I’ve lost around 30% of my starting weight now and have no issues getting prescribed (other than I’m v.close to target weight so I occasionally get extra questions).
thank you so much. That’s such a good way of looking at it! Excited to get started!

I feel like the odd one out for having barely any symptoms. I feel really tired about 48 hrs after taking the jab, which lasts for about a day, but aside from that it’s all good 💃🏻

I’ve lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks and if I lose another 7, I’ll be where I want to be.

Sorry to be that smug person, I’m just so surprised at how effective Ozempic is, and how the stone I’ve been trying to lose for a year has literally just come off 🫣😃

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Those who buy this themselves, how much are you paying and how long does a pen last?

I assume I'd need to consult my dr first, I have high blood pressure but no other health issues, but do not qualify for any help with weight loss on the NHS and feel this may be of some help?!

Reactions: 2
Those who buy this themselves, how much are you paying and how long does a pen last?

I assume I'd need to consult my dr first, I have high blood pressure but no other health issues, but do not qualify for any help with weight loss on the NHS and feel this may be of some help?!
£199 a month (£50 off the first month with code FRIEND50 from www.myjuniper.co.uk).

No GP consult needed (I’m in the UK).

I’m not technically obese, so wouldn’t have qualified, but if you’re creative with what you submit as your starting weight when you complete the online consultation you’ll be fine.

The pen contains 4 doses, so one a week for 4 weeks. I only anticipate needing it for one month. Two at a push. (I’ve averaging 4 pounds loss a week)

£199 a month (£50 off the first month with code FRIEND50 from www.myjuniper.co.uk).

No GP consult needed (I’m in the UK).

I’m not technically obese, so wouldn’t have qualified, but if you’re creative with what you submit as your starting weight when you complete the online consultation you’ll be fine.

The pen contains 4 doses, so one a week for 4 weeks. I only anticipate needing it for one month. Two at a push. (I’ve averaging 4 pounds loss a week)
Thank you for the info!! Can I ask how you're eating/exercising? I have around 60lb to lose. My aim is to lower my bp and just feel better. I've lost weight before (10 stone to be exact) but gained it back through pregnancy and divorce stress and I am struggling to shift it again. I see so many people using this and feel it could benefit me :)

Reactions: 3
Thank you for the info!! Can I ask how you're eating/exercising? I have around 60lb to lose. My aim is to lower my bp and just feel better. I've lost weight before (10 stone to be exact) but gained it back through pregnancy and divorce stress and I am struggling to shift it again. I see so many people using this and feel it could benefit me :)
If you log your calories on MFP and use an Apple Watch you can see exactly what your deficit is each day. As soon as your deficit reaches 3600 Cals that one pound of fat loss. So if you do the maths you can figure out a good rate of weight loss. Keep in mind very rapid weight loss can lead to muscle wastage which won’t benefit your appearance or health. If you’re able to do them, strength workouts will help retain muscle and try hitting your protein target

I feel like the odd one out for having barely any symptoms. I feel really tired about 48 hrs after taking the jab, which lasts for about a day, but aside from that it’s all good 💃🏻

I’ve lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks and if I lose another 7, I’ll be where I want to be.

Sorry to be that smug person, I’m just so surprised at how effective Ozempic is, and how the stone I’ve been trying to lose for a year has literally just come off 🫣😃
I’ve had no symptoms with ozempic other than tiredness either. And didn’t get many with Saxenda other than one dose increase which was awful and sickness that would come out of nowhere.
I’ve lost 10lb since staring ozempic and I’d already lost 63lbs on Saxenda but the weight loss stalled so I switched and it’s kick started again. I’m so close to goal now, less than a stone to go but I’ll probably go for a stone so I’ve got wiggle room when I stop/reduce to a maintenance dose 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You’re welcome. I walk our dog (slowly 😂) once a day for about 45 minutes but that’s it exercise-wise.

I’m eating 3 meals a day. The difference for me is that my portions are way lower (because I feel like I can take or leave food now to be honest), and I’m not eating all the ‘naughty’ foods that I’d usually crave and snack on (cake, crisps, chocolate etc.). Sometimes I have to remind myself to eat 😮😮

Reactions: 3
I've taken the plunge and ordered Ozempic, now we see if it gets approved!

Reactions: 5
I am 5 weeks without a full dose now. The shortages are killing me. I felt like I had a sh*tty weekend food wise too. Picking and mindless eating. Grrrr. No weight up but maybe I need to track.

Just rang my pharmacy and still no straight answer. I have 25.7% of my starting weight gone. Am 5 ft 4 and down to 10 stone 4 lbs. I would have blamed ozempic for my tiredness levels but hey I'm still tired.

For anyone having a crappy week 1 stick with it. Its made such a difference to me. I am no longer cringing when out at how I feel I like, clothes are a pleasure again and my poor menopausal body no longer aches carrying that 3 1/2 stone around. Have a cardiac appointment in May and feeling very hopeful that I won't get a lecture again.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I am 5 weeks without a full dose now. The shortages are killing me. I felt like I had a sh*tty weekend food wise too. Picking and mindless eating. Grrrr. No weight up but maybe I need to track.

Just rang my pharmacy and still no straight answer.
Are you based in Ireland? I can't get Saxenda either and I run out tomorrow. I tried calling chemist warehouse a few times so see if in stock but no answer.

Are you based in Ireland? I can't get Saxenda either and I run out tomorrow. I tried calling chemist warehouse a few times so see if in stock but no answer.
I am going to cry while waiting the last months cript is gone out of date and I cannot get an appointment for new script until 23/05. FML veering between panic and you've got this. yes in Ireland.

Has anyone managed to get it on prescription from their gp ?
I bet as soon as Wegovy is available here (per this Men's Health article below , it should be soon) it will be easier to get it as a prescription from the GP.

Others can correct me if I am wrong but I think at the moment you'd need to have diabetes to be prescribed Ozempic by the GP as it is a diabetes medication, and using it for weight loss is 'off label'. Wegovy is the same medication but rebranded and specifically for weight loss.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.