Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet as soon as Wegovy is available here (per this Men's Health article below , it should be soon) it will be easier to get it as a prescription from the GP.

Others can correct me if I am wrong but I think at the moment you'd need to have diabetes to be prescribed Ozempic by the GP as it is a diabetes medication, and using it for weight loss is 'off label'. Wegovy is the same medication but rebranded and specifically for weight loss.
This sounds right. I think the nhs budget for semaglutide has been set aside to target type 2 diabetes, however there’s nothing specific about this medication to aid diabetes other than the weight loss aspect due to it surprising the appetite.
To my mind this would make it appropriate treatment for fatty liver disease aswell, or any other obesity related aliments but it doesn’t seem to be prescribed as such 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I feel like I’ve bought a Mary Popping’s pen. I’ve now done 4x0.25 and 2x0.5 shots and still have probably 0.25 left!

Im only 4lbs down but im not noticing a crazy reduced appetite yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My Ozempic dispatched! Should arrive today so I was thinking about doing it before bed as I am out this evening (not food related)

Where is best to inject? I am terrified of vomiting but I have to try.
I'm desperate as my ADHD meds only help so much with appetite (they help me in other ways of course). When they wear off I am ravenous and I am scared I'll become pre-diabetic with the amount of bad food I eat (I dunno if that's what causes it but I LOVE my sugar) 😭Also I am a theme park fan and if I don't lose some weight I won't fit in the rides..(I did the walk of shame 18 months ago)

Going in 8 days so hoping some brief willpower will also help me as I know this isn't an instant fix. Just need to shift a few lbs then I am happy to go the long haul.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've found a pen and gotten a new script. Thank the lord. 1 month without and I've noticed the boobs are bigger but scales are not increasing so to anyone new starting get the measuring tape out. Its one of my regrets as there are definitely times your shape changes and the scales doesn't move.

To anyone dissappointed with slow weight drop I was you but down 50 lbs in a year is a significant amount over time. I do find it strange but so few seem to notice or say anything. A friend who is always skinnier seems a bit narked by it. She doesn't know I'm doing this as she'd be very disparaging. I must have been the security blanket friend who is always heavier or less hot.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Absolutely second the advice to measure too. I wish I had when I started. There’s definitely been times when I’ve gone a few weeks without dropping a lb but still changed shape. I’d love to know how many inches I’ve lost. The only guide I have now is that I’ve kept an old pair of trousers and I compare new trousers to them. It’s a great visual. But I would really love to know how many inches are gone with the 70+lbs.

Reactions: 3
Are there any foods I should avoid going forward? I don't really drink (also not advised on meds) so that won't be a problem.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think there are any particular foods to avoid. I just eat whatever I fancy. I manage so little of it that it doesn’t really matter what it is, it’s still going to be within calorie allowance.

Thank you, you are all so helpful! I will do some measurements later I think!

Well after a big weekend on the booze I've managed to put on 2lb! I really hope ozempic starts to dull my desire for wine as well as food 🤦🏻‍♀️

Well after a big weekend on the booze I've managed to put on 2lb! I really hope ozempic starts to dull my desire for wine as well as food 🤦🏻‍♀️
I definitely couldnt drink. There have been studies where Ozempic is being used to help alcoholics curb the desire for alchol. After my appointment with my best weight the doctor mentioned better medication coming down the line. Ireland seem so slow with coming on board with the advances in medicine to help obesity. I'm delighted bmi gone from 34 to 24

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I started on Saturday on Saxenda & did jot all my measurements down as I can be really impatient when it comes to loosing weight so I did think this may help a bit.
So far no side effects at all but I do have to pee every 30 mins! My boss is going to think I have gone part time if this carries on as am never at my desk 😆

• Haha
I definitely couldnt drink. There have been studies where Ozempic is being used to help alcoholics curb the desire for alchol. After my appointment with my best weight the doctor mentioned better medication coming down the line. Ireland seem so slow with coming on board with the advances in medicine to help obesity. I'm delighted bmi gone from 34 to 24
Thank you. I'm still on the starter dose so fingers crossed it does curb the alcohol desire too eventually!

Neither Saxenda or Ozempic have affected my alcohol consumption (altho I only drink once a week/every other week). I just drink less because I’m so full 😂

• Haha
Ok so my Ozempic is actually arriving tomorrow I think, Royal Mail haven't started tracking it yet.

Are there any foods I should avoid going forward? I don't really drink (also not advised on meds) so that won't be a problem.
On Sax I’ve found that super greasy or fatty foods make me feel a bit queasy, but I don’t think there’s a hard and fast set of rules. I heard with Ozempic that greasy foods are a no no because of some of the side effects but I have no personal experience of that!

Has anyone on ozempic ever skipped a week? I have a night out this weekend and want to be able to have a drink without feeling gravely ill

Dublin/Leinster folk where are you sourcing Ozempic? It's my pref but GP said he'd give me Saxenda first because of stock issues but I really hate the idea of daily injection, I'll move to wegovy in 24 once available

Has anyone on ozempic ever skipped a week? I have a night out this weekend and want to be able to have a drink without feeling gravely ill
yes or reduce a dose on jab day and take another reduced dose 4 days later if you don't want to loose momentum

It hasn’t helped me with my usual Saturday booze the only difference is that it sometimes gives me heartburn ❤🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.