Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do you dispose of a sharps box I’ve been wondering?
For me I can arrange a collection through the local council on their website but every council is different. I haven’t tried it out yet as im going to wait til I’m done and have (presumably) 2 full boxes collected at the same time but it seems pretty straight forward on my councils website. If I wanted I could just dispose of it through our waste collection at work tbh as we do have the option to add a sharps bin/medical waste collection to our normal controlled waste collection (sanitary bins etc) but I’ll do it properly through the council when the time comes. If I run in to any issues I can do it through work though.

This might be a silly question but how does it work ?? What do you eat ? Are you just really not hungry so you don’t eat and loose weight ?
Saxenda slows down your gastric emptying so your stomach is literally just full (and you’ll poo a lot less. Don’t be worried by that!) so you simply don’t have room for as much food. I believe ozempic works by stimulating the hormone that makes you feel full. It also helps your body release more insulin although I don’t know how that helps weight loss.
Regarding what to eat I literally eat whatever I fancy. I eat so little that it doesn’t matter whether I have a salad or a burger. I rarely reach my daily calorie limit. Today for example I had porridge with a banana and spoonful of Nutella swirled in for brunch as I was craving something sweet, a chicken burger this afternoon because I was out and then I’ve just had half a hot cross bun because I couldn’t manage the whole thing. I’m stuffed from that but under 1300 calories for the day. I don’t often feel really hungry but if I do I’ll eat anything because 9 times out of 10 I only manage a small portion. I make sure I drink plenty of water which helps with feeling full and keeping things moving.
I find when I’m actually hungry if i go shopping for food I’ll buy a load of crap as old habits tell me that’s what I want, but it just sits in the cupboards. I have about 10 boxes of cereal untouched, packets of biscuits, bags of crisps etc that I’ve bought when I’ve shopped while hungry but by the time I’ve got home either the feeling has passed or something like a boiled egg sorts me out for hours. The little pots in the Tesco meal deal with 2 boiled eggs in keeps me full all day so I always pick up one of those to munch in the car before I get home with my haul of junk food then I don’t touch it. Every now and then I bag up all the crap I’ve bought and stick it in the food bank 😊
Like @Ollies01 if i go shopping when I’m not hungry I have literally no interest in food. I could walk around the entire supermarket and look at every product and come out with nothing more than a bottle of water. It’s the same when I go out for food, unless I’m ravenous I could look at the menu for ages and nothing grabs my fancy, I have to force myself to choose and then I rarely finish what I’ve ordered. Whereas before I’d be eenie meenie minie mo’ing to decide between 3 starters, 2 mains and the 4 desserts that took my fancy 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 8
For me I can arrange a collection through the local council on their website but every council is different. I haven’t tried it out yet as im going to wait til I’m done and have (presumably) 2 full boxes collected at the same time but it seems pretty straight forward on my councils website. If I wanted I could just dispose of it through our waste collection at work tbh as we do have the option to add a sharps bin/medical waste collection to our normal controlled waste collection (sanitary bins etc) but I’ll do it properly through the council when the time comes. If I run in to any issues I can do it through work though.

Saxenda slows down your gastric emptying so your stomach is literally just full (and you’ll poo a lot less. Don’t be worried by that!) so you simply don’t have room for as much food. I believe ozempic works by stimulating the hormone that makes you feel full. It also helps your body release more insulin although I don’t know how that helps weight loss.
Regarding what to eat I literally eat whatever I fancy. I eat so little that it doesn’t matter whether I have a salad or a burger. I rarely reach my daily calorie limit. Today for example I had porridge with a banana and spoonful of Nutella swirled in for brunch as I was craving something sweet, a chicken burger this afternoon because I was out and then I’ve just had half a hot cross bun because I couldn’t manage the whole thing. I’m stuffed from that but under 1300 calories for the day. I don’t often feel really hungry but if I do I’ll eat anything because 9 times out of 10 I only manage a small portion. I make sure I drink plenty of water which helps with feeling full and keeping things moving.
I find when I’m actually hungry if i go shopping for food I’ll buy a load of crap as old habits tell me that’s what I want, but it just sits in the cupboards. I have about 10 boxes of cereal untouched, packets of biscuits, bags of crisps etc that I’ve bought when I’ve shopped while hungry but by the time I’ve got home either the feeling has passed or something like a boiled egg sorts me out for hours. The little pots in the Tesco meal deal with 2 boiled eggs in keeps me full all day so I always pick up one of those to munch in the car before I get home with my haul of junk food then I don’t touch it. Every now and then I bag up all the crap I’ve bought and stick it in the food bank 😊
Like @Ollies01 if i go shopping when I’m not hungry I have literally no interest in food. I could walk around the entire supermarket and look at every product and come out with nothing more than a bottle of water. It’s the same when I go out for food, unless I’m ravenous I could look at the menu for ages and nothing grabs my fancy, I have to force myself to choose and then I rarely finish what I’ve ordered. Whereas before I’d be eenie meenie minie mo’ing to decide between 3 starters, 2 mains and the 4 desserts that took my fancy 😁
That’s amazing thanks so much. I’m going to order one pen this morning from Asda only one as I’m a bit worried I’ll not like it it doesn’t take much to make me feel unwell so I’ll see how I go and if it’s ok order a bigger box.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Good luck 😊 I’d definitely say go with Asda if you just want 1 pen to try, save boots and their discount code for if you decide it works for you and you want 5 pens 😁
Hopefully it doesn’t make you feel unwell, but the times it has made me feel crap I’ve stuck with it and it does pass as your body adjusts to the dose. There was one increase that was horrendous for me - I think it was 1.2mg up to 1.8mg, I had constant sickness - would literally vomit mid sentence out of nowhere which was grim, dizziness, headache etc but it lasted about a week (maybe 2, it’s a blur now) and then since then I’ve been fine. I just delayed increasing to 2.4mg by a few days and then did it by increasing clicks rather than jumping up. I still have the odd rough day - this week for example I was a bit headachey and light headed for a couple of days midweek but it’s passed again now. A couple of paracetamol, a big drink or something sugary usually helps. And if I forget and go too long without eating - as in 24 hours+ (which sounds ridiculous to a normal person but it’s so easily done for me because I’m not hungry at all most of the time) I do find I feel sick or vomit still. But because I know about it I force myself to eat something. And drinking plenty of water will really help. The nausea for me feels like travel sickness (and I’ve heard others say it’s like morning sickness but that’s not something I’ve experienced) rather than nausea you get with a sickness bug, and travel sick pills did help when I struggled with it at the increase that made me feel like tit. I’ve always had travel sickness, or been the kind of person that’s sick easily so I don’t know if that’s made me more susceptible to that side effect. But if you do get any side effects it really is worth trying to power through it because they do pass as your body starts to tolerate the medication. Good luck!! Keep posting and updating us on your journey ❤

———

I was at the pub last night and saw someone I haven’t seen since last summer. They asked if I’d had a gastric band as I look so different now 🤣 then they sent me a photo of us from last summer and I can see why they thought it. I’m now down from a 22 to a comfortable 12 and still losing. I may do a before and after pic one day if I’m feeling brave but nobody IRL other than my boyfriend knows about the Saxenda so I don’t want to out myself 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just had a 10% off code emailed through from Asda, if it helps anyone - EASTER2023
Only valid for two days. (Might not be as good as a new customer offer, so check!)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had such a bad day yesterday 😞 Might have kept just about to calories, or not too much over, but I had chocolate, crisps, sandwich. Sigh. I’m blaming it on getting my period (twenty one days late!!!) and having a busy day. Surprisingly no vomits or upset stomach from it!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Don’t beat yourself up! I have crisps and a sandwich some days at work for convenience. And chocolate is essential when getting your period.
I really try not to restrict foods I enjoy. If I stuck to salad, brown rice and lean meat/fish every day I know I’d get fed up and have a massive binge. But if I allow myself crisps or chocolate as part of normal every day eating when I fancy them I think I’m more likely to stick to healthier eating long term and less likely to reach for all the “bad” foods I’ve avoided when I move to maintenance. If the chocolate and crisps are within or close to your calorie allowance then it doesn’t really matter if you had 500 calories of dairy milk or 500 calories of chicken and brown rice, it’s still 500 calories. So don’t feel bad 😊

Currently eating a bag of mini maryland cookies in the bath as I’ve also got my period 🤣

• Heart
I’ve been having Grenade protein shakes for breakfast it seems to ease me into food and I’m eating a lot of soft foods like yogurt as I just get burps from anything heavy carby. Spag Bol one night made me feel atrocious!

Reactions: 2
I’ve got a super grain green salad for lunch today to even it all out! Thank you, I needed someone to tell me not to fret.

• Heart
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster on this thread. Looking for some Ozempic advice...

I am due to take my 4th dose of 0.25mg later this week, and am happy with my weightloss so far...and then I'm due to move up to 0.5mg...but I'm so scared of the side effects at the higher dose as they've been pretty rotten so far.

Post injection 1 was fine...but about 36hrs after injection 2 and 3 the awful gas started, big loud farts (not smelly though) and the most eggy burps...and then a few hours later the diarrhoea started and lasted 6/12 hours leaving me absolutely exhausted and my stomach so sore and tender.

What am I doing wrong???? Any advice would be much appreciated. I really don't want to have to stop taking it, I'm down 12lbs already with about 30lbs to go so I need to figure this out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
So i’ve been on Saxenda 2 weeks today

The first week i felt no different at all, then i got my period and felt hungrier than ever! Weighed myself and I didnt lose anything the first week, but also didn’t gain so I think that was definitely a bonus

Then this last week i’ve gone up a dose (so i thought 😳) I definitely did a dose or 2 of 1.2mg but just realised ive had 1.8mg for last few nights 🤦🏻‍♀️ god knows how i’ve made this error!

I have felt a bit nauseous for a few days and dont fancy ANYTHING to eat, everything i look at or think of im like ‘er no’ just have no desire for anything at the moment 🤣 i’ve just been having really basic stuff and been going through to tea time without any food, even struggle to finish my morning iced coffee!

Just weighed and ive lost 4.5lb in the 2 weeks, but obviously i didnt lose the first week so thats all from the last week

It definitely makes any side effects worth it (as long as they arent too bad)

Hi guys how do I go about ordering this please? Am going to be a bridesmaid next year and I’ve put on lots of weight due to chrohns ( the steroids) and mental health medication 😩 thank you in advance x

You can order it through an online pharmacy such as quick meds, health express, London slimming clinic, Boots online or even Asda online. There are many more, those are just the ones I can think of.

Hi guys how do I go about ordering this please? Am going to be a bridesmaid next year and I’ve put on lots of weight due to chrohns ( the steroids) and mental health medication 😩 thank you in advance x
I would ask for some advice from your GP before taking this if you have crohns as it changes your digestive system

Reactions: 4
I would ask for some advice from your GP before taking this if you have crohns as it changes your digestive system
Yes, check with your GP.
There have been people on the FB groups with Crohns who say they notice a big improvement in those symptoms after starting the injections.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I started saxenda on Saturday - I suffer from migraines and had two yesterday, felt so sick I could only manage 5 mouthfuls of veg and rice - not sure whether it was from the appetite suppressant, nausea, migraine or what. I've woken up before 7am every day (before 5am today) and been unable to get back to sleep. Today I'm quite hungry although it did take me until after 1pm to be able to eat anything. It's early days but I'm really hoping the migraines were a one off.

Which would people recommend between Saxenda and Ozempic? I’m not technically obese but have a stone to lose that I just can’t shift!

Yes, check with your GP.
There have been people on the FB groups with Crohns who say they notice a big improvement in those symptoms after starting the injections.
Out of interest has anyone in the FB groups had pancreatitis a while back and still be able to be prescribed it?
I couldn’t get it via Boots because I had pancreatitis years and years ago. I asked my GP and he was no help. I’m waiting to see the guidance on Wegovy but hope they will let me take it at my own risk.

It would be worth you joining the groups and doing a search. Pancreatitis has been mentioned but I can’t remember details.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.