Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could I ask what everyone’s plan is while taking it? Like will you take it until you get to your desired weight or keep going? I’ve been watching lots of YouTube videos and lots of the American ladies are saying they’ll be having to take it for the foreseeable future to make sure the weight stays off? I really want to try it but k don’t want to pay £150 odd a month for the next 5 years of my life or so
I certainly can’t afford to maybe I will go down to 0.6 for a while and try to get my head around eating less. I’m hoping I’ll need fewer calories and my stomach won’t want as much by then too. I think a lot of the Americans get it on insurance and don’t have to pay as much ’out of pocket’ as they say

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Could I ask what everyone’s plan is while taking it? Like will you take it until you get to your desired weight or keep going? I’ve been watching lots of YouTube videos and lots of the American ladies are saying they’ll be having to take it for the foreseeable future to make sure the weight stays off? I really want to try it but k don’t want to pay £150 odd a month for the next 5 years of my life or so
I stupidly haven't really thought about it long term, just been hell bent on getting the weight off. I deffo cannot afford to go on it long term, even on lower dose I am just hoping to get to my ideal weight and then try and be good on my own. I have changed my eating habits and use the nutra check app to log and calorie check my foods and I do get weighed every day which sounds extreme but I am one of those who is all or nothing and I need to be accountable or I will just pile it all back on, which has happened so many times before. I have heard that as soon as you come off it your appetite will come back tenfold ☹ but don't know how true that is. Hopefully it will come down in price with Wegovy coming on the market ??

• Heart
My plan when I get to goal is to gradually reduce the dose and then stay on 0.6 for a few months then slowly reduce that too by going to every other day then reduce the clicks every other day etc until I’m off it completely. I figure it will be another 6 months or so after I’m at goal but for me it will be worth it financially. And the money it’s cost me ive definitely saved on food.

Reactions: 6
I've got so much to lose that I haven't really thought about maintenance yet. Like everyone else, getting fat again would be awful after all this. It's got to be easier keeping on top of losing a few pounds, rather than a few stone though. I’m hoping to be a lot more active when some of the weight has gone.

I hope I'm learning now the difference between being hungry, and just wanting to eat. I'm not really missing snacking, desserts, big meals, takeaways etc, but at the same time I'm not getting that ‘full’ feeling people seem to get. It’s a whole new relationship with food that has to continue after Saxenda now.

• Heart
Hi all. I was wondering could someone literally give me a step by step account if using the injections ? Where you buy them where to inject i only want to loose a stone and a half but I need to do something drastic as nothing else is working. A clinic close to me sells tablet form ?!?? Not sure id be good at injecting myself ?

Reactions: 2
I've got so much to lose that I haven't really thought about maintenance yet. Like everyone else, getting fat again would be awful after all this. It's got to be easier keeping on top of losing a few pounds, rather than a few stone though. I’m hoping to be a lot more active when some of the weight has gone.

I hope I'm learning now the difference between being hungry, and just wanting to eat. I'm not really missing snacking, desserts, big meals, takeaways etc, but at the same time I'm not getting that ‘full’ feeling people seem to get. It’s a whole new relationship with food that has to continue after Saxenda now.
I think the same I’m going to have to do something after gaining 7-10lb not wait til I’ve gained 2-3stone

Reactions: 3
Hi all. I was wondering could someone literally give me a step by step account if using the injections ? Where you buy them where to inject i only want to loose a stone and a half but I need to do something drastic as nothing else is working. A clinic close to me sells tablet form ?!?? Not sure id be good at injecting myself ?
The injections don’t hurt at all, you don’t even feel them 99% of the time and once you’ve done the first one you realise how simple they are. You just pinch a little bit of fat and inject there - on your stomach, thighs or upper arm fat. I’ve never done my arm, usually go for belly but sometimes thighs. Very occasionally it does sting slightly but it’s over instantly. They sometimes leave bruises but mostly you can’t even tell you’ve had the injection. Don’t be put off by injecting, I promise the idea of it is much worse than the reality. The injections are so thin it’s nothing at all like having a normal injection.

Are you thinking of trying Saxenda or Ozempic as that will determine the advice on where to buy etc 😊

• Heart
The injections don’t hurt at all, you don’t even feel them 99% of the time and once you’ve done the first one you realise how simple they are. You just pinch a little bit of fat and inject there - on your stomach, thighs or upper arm fat. I’ve never done my arm, usually go for belly but sometimes thighs. Very occasionally it does sting slightly but it’s over instantly. They sometimes leave bruises but mostly you can’t even tell you’ve had the injection. Don’t be put off by injecting, I promise the idea of it is much worse than the reality. The injections are so thin it’s nothing at all like having a normal injection.

Are you thinking of trying Saxenda or Ozempic as that will determine the advice on where to buy etc 😊
I've started following this thread too so I hope no one minds me jumping into the conversation - from reading everyone's experiences I think Saxenda injections may be the best place to start for me, but would be grateful for input from people who have experienced either (I'm thinking Saxenda because it sounds like it's effective more quickly). I live in England if this changes any advice re: shipping or where to buy. Thank you all for posting your experiences and advice so far ❤ it's been so informative to learn from.

so im now certain I want to start on the injections after years of eating disorders and failed dieting. Do you think it would be better if I wait for wegovy to be released first? Im mostly just concerned about the price of the others and being able to afford it long term

I've started following this thread too so I hope no one minds me jumping into the conversation - from reading everyone's experiences I think Saxenda injections may be the best place to start for me, but would be grateful for input from people who have experienced either (I'm thinking Saxenda because it sounds like it's effective more quickly). I live in England if this changes any advice re: shipping or where to buy. Thank you all for posting your experiences and advice so far ❤ it's been so informative to learn from.
I get mine from Asda online pharmacy weight loss section it was really simple and straightforward the pen is like stamping yourself rather than injection it is a needle of course but so thin you don’t notice and no technique involved

• Heart
So for Saxenda, Boots and Asda usually offer the best prices. Asda is a bit cheaper and they’ll send discount codes sometimes, but boots usually have a code for your first order (Welcome20 assuming it still works) for 20% off which makes them much cheaper for a first order. Boots is slightly less convenient (for me anyway) because you have to go to your local pharmacy to collect. Asda deliver to your home. Boots do needles and sharps box included, Asda charge for the box on your first order - my box has lasted 7 months though I’ve only just started my second one. Asda accept PayPal which means you can pay in 3 if necessary. There’s also SimpleOnlinePharmacy which do 10 pens at a time but they don’t do any discounts or anything that I’ve seen, it’s just more convenient if you want a bigger order rather than reordering regularly when on a higher dose.
Ozempic is cheaper at the full dose.

so im now certain I want to start on the injections after years of eating disorders and failed dieting. Do you think it would be better if I wait for wegovy to be released first? Im mostly just concerned about the price of the others and being able to afford it long term
I think if you’re in the mindset of getting started then I’d start now. Wegovy could be months away yet and there’s no indication of the price. You may have additional checks if you tell them you’ve struggled with eating disorders in the past - it’s one of the questions they ask in all the online assessments.
---
Don’t know if this helps those who are worried about the injection to see how small it is. It’s next to a penny as I wasn’t sure what else to put it next to to show the size in relation to something we’d all know the size of 🫣 as you can see from the above pic it’s so tiny it can barely be seen.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So for Saxenda, Boots and Asda usually offer the best prices. Asda is a bit cheaper and they’ll send discount codes sometimes, but boots usually have a code for your first order (Welcome20 assuming it still works) for 20% off which makes them much cheaper for a first order. Boots is slightly less convenient (for me anyway) because you have to go to your local pharmacy to collect. Asda deliver to your home. Boots do needles and sharps box included, Asda charge for the box on your first order - my box has lasted 7 months though I’ve only just started my second one. Asda accept PayPal which means you can pay in 3 if necessary. There’s also SimpleOnlinePharmacy which do 10 pens at a time but they don’t do any discounts or anything that I’ve seen, it’s just more convenient if you want a bigger order rather than reordering regularly when on a higher dose.

I think if you’re in the mindset of getting started then I’d start now. Wegovy could be months away yet and there’s no indication of the price. You may have additional checks if you tell them you’ve struggled with eating disorders in the past - it’s one of the questions they ask in all the online assessments.
---
Don’t know if this helps those who are worried about the injection to see how small it is. It’s next to a penny as I wasn’t sure what else to put it next to to show the size in relation to something we’d all know the size of 🫣 as you can see from the above pic it’s so tiny it can barely be seen.
Wow, this was so helpful thank you! ❤

• Heart
You’re very welcome! Saxenda has changed my life so I’m happy to share knowledge and help anywhere I can 😊

You also get advantage card points with boots doctor orders so after a few orders with them you’d have enough points for a little treat 😁 I usually stick to Asda because of the convenience of having it delivered (with Royal Mail so it generally comes first thing with the postman). And they do send out 10/20% discount codes occasionally. Their messaging service is awful though.

• Heart
I am now on Ozempic (I was prescribed this due to my blood sugar levels being in diabetic range but they are now normal 🎉) but prior to this I was on the tablet form called Rybelsus. I was fine on the 3mg and 7mg dose and was losing weight consistently….went up to the highest dose of 14mg and it made me so poorly couldn’t eat couldn’t even keep water down at one point was horrendous. No real side affects from
The 1mg ozempic but feel my appetite coming back a few days before I am due the next dose

• Heart

---
How do you dispose of a sharps box I’ve been wondering?

I am now on Ozempic (I was prescribed this due to my blood sugar levels being in diabetic range but they are now normal 🎉) but prior to this I was on the tablet form called Rybelsus. I was fine on the 3mg and 7mg dose and was losing weight consistently….went up to the highest dose of 14mg and it made me so poorly couldn’t eat couldn’t even keep water down at one point was horrendous. No real side affects from
The 1mg ozempic but feel my appetite coming back a few days before I am due the next dose
I really struggled with the nausea & vomiting on Saxenda so have ordered Rybelsus.

How did you find it?
What made you change to the injections vs reverting back to 7mg?

There isn’t much information about peoples experience on Rybelsus so any insight would be great. Thanks :)

Reactions: 1
This might be a silly question but how does it work ?? What do you eat ? Are you just really not hungry so you don’t eat and loose weight ?

I really struggled with the nausea & vomiting on Saxenda so have ordered Rybelsus.

How did you find it?
What made you change to the injections vs reverting back to 7mg?

There isn’t much information about peoples experience on Rybelsus so any insight would be great. Thanks :)
I wanted the injections to begin with but they were in short supply when I was prescribed rybelsus. I didn’t like how I had to take it first thing in the morning (I’m useless at remembering) and I constantly had the “sulphur burbs” after them. I’ve lost more weight on ozempic and no more feeling sick constantly

This might be a silly question but how does it work ?? What do you eat ? Are you just really not hungry so you don’t eat and loose weight ?
Not a silly question at all, in my experience it just sort of puts you off food, when I go shopping I am normally chomping at the bit especially the sweet and chocolate aisle, but it's just as if I'm not that arsed about food, also if I go out for a meal I cannot really make my mind up what I want and then don't finish it, I do sometimes feel a bit sick but just have a Rennie and I have reduced the dose the next day if it's got too much. I am on Saxenda and I have had my ups and downs but I think overall I am definitely eating a lot less than I would have done if not taking it.

I wanted the injections to begin with but they were in short supply when I was prescribed rybelsus. I didn’t like how I had to take it first thing in the morning (I’m useless at remembering) and I constantly had the “sulphur burbs” after them. I’ve lost more weight on ozempic and no more feeling sick constantly
I had awful sulphur burps on Saxenda.
I’m going to give them a go and hope for the best.
If I can’t tolerate them then i’ll try Ozempuc injections.
It’s so frustrating that there is this weight loss treatment available but I’m one of the unlucky ones with crippling side-effects 😔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.