Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As of today I’ve lost 70lbs since starting in July last year. Feels like a milestone. I went out out last night too so when all the excess drink leaves my system I could be over the 70lbs. I’ve massively upped my water intake the past 2 weeks and it seems to have kick started losing weight again. I had been stuck on 60lbs lost for ages (but my body was still changing).

According to the bmi calculator I need to lose another stone to be “healthy” but I’m not sure I will lose that much. I think I’ll look too small for me then, but we shall see.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
As of today I’ve lost 70lbs since starting in July last year. Feels like a milestone. I went out out last night too so when all the excess drink leaves my system I could be over the 70lbs. I’ve massively upped my water intake the past 2 weeks and it seems to have kick started losing weight again. I had been stuck on 60lbs lost for ages (but my body was still changing).

According to the bmi calculator I need to lose another stone to be “healthy” but I’m not sure I will lose that much. I think I’ll look too small for me then, but we shall see.
Wow that’s amazing, well done

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I got mine from www.myjuniper.co.uk. I chose them because a nurse friend recommended them. I wish we could share details on here because if you recommend someone else you both get £50 off! Good luck with whatever you do.
I saw someone on TikTok saying you can use the code friend50 to get £50 off your first order on my juniper x

I saw someone on TikTok saying you can use the code friend50 to get £50 off your first order on my juniper x
You can yes. But if you give the referrers email address then you as the new customer get £50 off your order, and your friend gets a £50 voucher so it’s a win-win :)

newbie here x

I keep seeing comments all over social media blaming ozempic for the drastic weight loss of celebs/influencers recently. Does it really work that quick and effectively? Or are people just cluelessly commenting

newbie here x

I keep seeing comments all over social media blaming ozempic for the drastic weight loss of celebs/influencers recently. Does it really work that quick and effectively? Or are people just cluelessly commenting
I ordered it last week so will take delivery tomorrow (so I have no actual experience!) but it’s interesting because from what other posters have been saying on here I had envisaged that you don’t really expect much in the way of weight loss in the first month and that it takes a while to ‘kick in’ as such. I was thinking that weight loss starts for real once you hit the higher dose after 4-6 weeks or more.

However, my friend is about a week ahead of me, took her first weekly dose last Thursday and says that her appetite has almost immediately reduced so that’s made me a bit more optimistic. I said to her do you think it’s in part a placebo effect and she was like “Nah, I’m a greedy witch…ain‘t no placebo effect if I’m eating less, that’s all drugs.” 🫣🤣

I’ll let you know my own experience once I’ve started!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I am probably at goal give a lb or 2. Struggling to source a pen too. I'm v saggy. Anyone any tips for an apron tummy

Not sure if anyone here follows igfamousbydana on Instagram, but she’s a trained dietician in the US who has just recently finished taking semaglutide a few weeks ago. She took it as she’s getting married, but also to see what the side effects were etc. She’s been really up front and honest about it all. She hasn’t gained any weight back either (think it’s been about 5 weeks since she last had it).

Reactions: 7
I am probably at goal give a lb or 2. Struggling to source a pen too. I'm v saggy. Anyone any tips for an apron tummy
Congratulations well done! No idea I’ve always had a tummy don’t know what it would feel like without one 😭😅

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The best way I can describe it is that you feel as though you’ve been hypnotised. It’s not a physical feeling of being full. More a mental indifference to eating. I’m someone who constantly thinks about food and is prone to binging then restricting etc. to be in a place where I’m not obsessing over food it’s just mind blowing for me. For the first time in my life im forgetting to eat!
---

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The best way I can describe it is that you feel as though you’ve been hypnotised. It’s not a physical feeling of being full. More a mental indifference to eating. I’m someone who constantly thinks about food and is prone to binging then restricting etc. to be in a place where I’m not obsessing over food it’s just mind blowing for me. For the first time in my life im forgetting to eat!
---
I’m so glad you said this because I was a bit anxious that it won’t ‘work’ for me because if I’m honest I overeat mainly due to bleeping loving food (🤷‍♀️😂) but also boredom. I rarely eat for hunger, and I actually don’t like the feeling of being full, but I regularly snack pretty much all day and in small portions but high fat/calorie.

The bit in bold is me all over; I’ll be an angel for days but then I’ll have an ‘off’ day where I’ll have a 500 calorie snack 6 times in one day. I kid myself that I don’t binge, because I never eat large quantities in one go, but in reality that’s what it is because I can easily shovel over 3000-4000 of calories down my gob on an ’off’ day (as I say not loads of food per se, but small super high fat snacks like meats, cheese, cake etc.).

Worst case, I was thinking that well if all this drug does is make me feel full, that’ll make no difference to me because my over-eating actually has nothing to do with satiety. But if it can help me relinquish a bit of foods power over my brain that’ll be grand!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so glad you said this because I was a bit anxious that it won’t ‘work’ for me because if I’m honest I overeat mainly due to bleeping loving food (🤷‍♀️😂) but also boredom. I rarely eat for hunger, and I actually don’t like the feeling of being full, but I regularly snack pretty much all day and in small portions but high fat/calorie.

The bit in bold is me all over; I’ll be an angel for days but then I’ll have an ‘off’ day where I’ll have a 500 calorie snack 6 times in one day. I kid myself that I don’t binge, because I never eat large quantities in one go, but in reality that’s what it is because I can easily shovel over 3000-4000 of calories down my gob on an ’off’ day (as I say not loads of food per se, but small super high fat snacks like meats, cheese, cake etc.).

Worst case, I was thinking that well if all this drug does is make me feel full, that’ll make no difference to me because my over-eating actually has nothing to do with satiety. But if it can help me relinquish a bit of foods power over my brain that’ll be grand!!
Yes. I was thinking I’d just eat anyway.

I’m a grazer to the point I rarely even let myself get hungry because I’m thinking about food so much I’d never go that long without eating.

For me, it’s felt like my mind has been set free from the obsession. mentally it’s a relief.

Physically it feels completely normal (I’ve been fortunate not to have side affects) so normal I’ve questioned if it’s placebo. But like someone said earlier. If it were a placebo I’d still eat 😂

Another good thing is that you can still eat and enjoy food. For example going out for a meal wouldn’t be an issue. But now I won’t be secretly worried that I’m the only one hell bent on having three courses 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As well as cravings disappearing, there are things that I used to absolutely love that I don’t like the taste of now.

Pate is one of them. I could happily eat a few slices of toast and pate before. The pate I bought over Xmas was binned eventually.

M&S ready made prawn cocktails. I’d eat these as a snack between meals, they taste bitter to me now.

Crisps I can take or leave.

Everything that I don’t make myself tastes too salty.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is anyone on it that works long shifts in the nhs? I do 12.5 hours nights and days. And am on my feet for most of that time. I worry about how it’ll make me feel…

Is anyone on it that works long shifts in the nhs? I do 12.5 hours nights and days. And am on my feet for most of that time. I worry about how it’ll make me feel…
Me! I’ve been absolutely fine taking it whilst working long days and nights. I take it at 5:30am prior to my long day and 7pm prior to a nightshift. I find I can easily go until lunchtime without feeling hungry and still have energy to get everything done. On nightshift I will eat my tea before I go to work and tend to not feel hungry all shift.

• Heart
Me! I’ve been absolutely fine taking it whilst working long days and nights. I take it at 5:30am prior to my long day and 7pm prior to a nightshift. I find I can easily go until lunchtime without feeling hungry and still have energy to get everything done. On nightshift I will eat my tea before I go to work and tend to not feel hungry all shift.
Thank you so much! You’ve given me that final push to get on with it!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Well I ended up enjoying the long bank holiday weekend way more than I intended to! I had an impromptu night out on Saturday where I drank way more Prosecco than I should have and a roast dinner at my parents house on Sunday (also with more Prosecco) but luckily when I weighed myself this morning (I was too hungover and feeling guilty to weigh In yesterday) I had only gained 1lb, so I’m taking that as a win!

I’m on week 10 of Ozempic (still on 0.5 dose) I didn’t over eat so to speak, cause I only ate the roast on Sunday and didn’t have anything else and I didn’t over eat on Saturday but I thought the alcohol would definitely have made me gain more pounds. I’m going to be good from now on!

Craving wise, I crave nothing now. I used to be a snacker, I would sit and eat chocolate at night watching the TV, even if I’d just finished my dinner and was full, I’d force the chocolate in! I don’t do that anymore. And I used to love a glass of wine on a Friday when I finished work, I can’t stomach wine at all now, it tastes bitter and gives me heartburn.

Good luck to everyone starting, it has definitely changed my relationship with food!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.