Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your go might prescribe mine is now. M y best weight is E200 for initial consult and E100 afterwards for fresh prescription. He will email prescription yo whichever chemist you deal with if a Virtual appointment. It is expensive but no judgement or tut tutting that other medical professionals are prone to.
OK thanks so much for info that's so good to know. And is it 100e like monthly then cos I'm guessing you need a new prescription each month or does it work differently? Are they helpful or offer any advice in your experience and just dish out the script? It's great to hear about it, really appreciate you sharing.

OK thanks so much for info that's so good to know. And is it 100e like monthly then cos I'm guessing you need a new prescription each month or does it work differently? Are they helpful or offer any advice in your experience and just dish out the script? It's great to hear about it, really appreciate you sharing.
3 to 4 months starting off, 6 months afterwards. Ozempic costs E120 to to E160 PM depending on supply. Unless you are diabetic not available on medical card or monthly drugs scheme. For me it was basically a chat. I didn't have huge medical issues from obesity but feel I was at an age where it would start a bit of a downward spiral especially since my weight seems to be only going one way despite walking, exercising and trying to be good and calorie count. He explains options - pros and cons of each. I had used my time waiting for the appointment to study his information and knew what I wanted. There was an element of dole me out that script please. As my appointment was virtual he emailed it to my chemist of choice. (Maybe check they have availability first).

Bear in mind too you can also submit his charges and any prescription in a tax return too. Get 20% back so keep receipts. We usually do ours early dec so it was a nice tax rebate through dhs payroll.

Reactions: 2
I'm on day 4 of Saxenda and feel spacey but also hungrier than before! I hope it kicks in soon.

I’m on day 2 of 0.25 ozempic and feel fine so far (started Tues lunchtime). Appetite seemed to be suppressed within a couple of hours and has remained that way. Have read that side effects start from days 3/4 onwards so we’ll see

Now for the scales to start moving in the right direction ….

Reactions: 4
12.7lb down on week 7. Feel like I stalled and only lost 1lb last 2 weeks, doing better this week. Did struggle with water intake and still constipated. on 1.2+2 clicks. Really scared to increase as recommended incase I get side effects as all I've have is constipation.

Reactions: 1
The news item on Wegovy last night mentioned the price is £73. I’m assuming that’s to NHS. I wonder what the private pharmacies will charge?

Does anyone have a hernia take ozempic?
I’m only it since August 2022, lost 3 and half stone still another 5 stone to go!!!!! Im type 2 diabetic

The issue is that I’m still not really tolerating it well. I’m still on 0.5 although the vomitting and diarrhoea has reduced significantly from one day a week to one week a month when I have my period. The fatigue is huge issue. My GP would like me to stay on it as my blood sugars are down to normal levels.
Im just wondering is my hernia causing the pain and vomiting.

Has anyone who has depression found that since started Saxenda their mood has become low or erratic and you’ve maybe had some dark thoughts? I wouldn’t act out on these but I feel like such a failure because I can’t even make these injections work for me.

• Heart
Has anyone had any experience of their delivery being delayed? Mines due today with Royal Mail but is currently still in Manchester - 6 hours away from me! I’ve seen snow is pretty bad there so I’m not expecting it to actually turn up but does anyone know what the prescibing pharmacy would do in this situation? Obviously concerned about the temperature control especially as it’s almost the weekend.

Has anyone who has depression found that since started Saxenda their mood has become low or erratic and you’ve maybe had some dark thoughts? I wouldn’t act out on these but I feel like such a failure because I can’t even make these injections work for me.
Hey, yes, I have! I posted a few pages ago asking a similar question, but both Asda Online Doctor and my GP have said it’s not listed as a side effect. But honestly I’m sure my mood has plummeted since starting Saxenda. I’m trying to stick it out a little bit longer, just to finish the pens I have. I’m sorry you’re having dark thoughts, you’re not alone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
No I haven't but I'm only ok. I don't seem to be happy even though I should be if that makes sense. I am very pleased with my weight but I think the tiredness I'm having is draining my good mood.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t suffer with depression but week two if ozempic I was having very invasive thoughts, I put it down to the pen but I’ve found it difficult
---
Just to add you’re not a failure and I hope you’re ok

• Heart
I’m sure I’ve read that it is a side effect and to take extra care if you have any ideations or lower mood this may have been from googling and Reddit so please do look after yourselves guys

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It is definitely a known side effect so it’s a worry a doctor and Asda pharmacy are dismissing it.

• Heart
One week on and loving Saxenda so far! Has anyone else moving up from 0.6 to 1.2 done it by doing 0.6 in the morning and 0.6 later in the day?
I did this today as I forgot I was due to move up and it seemed to work pretty well - no side effects as yet either.

I tried Saxenda last year but we didn’t get on but I’ve just ordered ozempic. When do people inject? I was going to do Sunday evening but I’ve ended up going out so thinking tomorrow morning but don’t want to feel funny at work.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.