Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad you said this as I've been feeling the same. Started of great, couldn't finish a small meal, always full now I question myself if I injected that morning. I feel so disheartened as I stil have 3stone to lose. Only lost a stone so far. :( x

Reactions: 4
I'm glad you said this as I've been feeling the same. Started of great, couldn't finish a small meal, always full now I question myself if I injected that morning. I feel so disheartened as I stil have 3stone to lose. Only lost a stone so far. :( x
How long did it take to lose a stone?

Reactions: 1
I tried to put it off for as long as possible (purely due to cost) but after feeling minimal, if any, effects from 2.4, I took my first dose of 3mg today and woooow. The appetite suppression was insane and thankfully minimal side effects.

Reactions: 3
I tried to put it off for as long as possible (purely due to cost) but after feeling minimal, if any, effects from 2.4, I took my first dose of 3mg today and woooow. The appetite suppression was insane and thankfully minimal side effects.
that’s great to hear - hope I get that!

I’d be dropping down again, maybe changing the time, injection site, anything really to kickstart it again! If it doesn’t work you might as well be hungry on 2.4 as it’ll be cheaper!
So I changed my injection site this morning after reading this. I hadn’t thought to try that before but I did today. Literally every side effect I had when I went to 1.8mg (the only increase that’s ever really affected me) is back with a vengeance 🤢 it may be a coincidence but it definitely seems to have done something. I was only feeling hungry occasionally and the rest of the time just feeling ‘normal’ but today I’m feeling so full I could burst, nausea, light headed etc. Its oddly satisfying to feel those side effects and think it may have kick started things again to be like they used to be. My weight loss had stalled for a few weeks although I was still physically getting smaller so I’m hoping the return of side effects will bring with it the return of weight loss on the scales. 🤞🏼

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I was just about to apologise for giving you tit advice and making you il, but read on, and see you like it. You weirdo. (Joking, I know what you mean).
I changed mine from evening to morning, and think it’s improved things a bit. I’ve been expecting to NEVER feel hungry, which is ludicrous really, but I’m really not fussed about snacking. Had a bowl of soup for lunch today, and didn’t want the bread to go with it, which everyone knows is the best bit, right?
Still fat though.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There have been times when I’ve literally not felt hungry at all, but it’s resulted in not eating and then being sick.
Bread is definitely the best bit of soup. I think I’d have sacrificed half my soup to have a bit of bread 😂

how much have you lost so far and when did you start?

It was three weeks on Tuesday, and I’m down 12lb (-6.6lb /-3lb /- 2.4lb). I’m not really expecting much of a loss next week, plus it’s my birthday at the weekend, and I WILL be having cake; and some kind of meal out if I can brave it (I’m still terrified I’ll tit myself if I go mad).
I haven’t vomited at all, honestly that would really make me wonder if it was worth it. You’ve done so brilliantly though 💕

Reactions: 6
That’s a great loss for 3 weeks! 😁
Can confirm I’ve never tit my pants if that helps ease your worries about eating out 😂 I have been sick though but I’ve had sickness regularly since the start so it became kind of expected for me. The worst was after going for a meal out, I only managed half my burger and then me and my partner had to pace around the carpark for half an hour while I tried to keep it down. I did not succeed 😂 but it has reduced a lot now that I don’t let myself go too long without eating. I think that was part of my problem. I was sometimes so full I’d go 24hrs+ without eating and end up being sick.

Reactions: 2
It was three weeks on Tuesday, and I’m down 12lb (-6.6lb /-3lb /- 2.4lb). I’m not really expecting much of a loss next week, plus it’s my birthday at the weekend, and I WILL be having cake; and some kind of meal out if I can brave it (I’m still terrified I’ll tit myself if I go mad).
I haven’t vomited at all, honestly that would really make me wonder if it was worth it. You’ve done so brilliantly though 💕
You won’t tit your pants!

Enjoy your birthday!

• Heart
Has anyone used a Saxanda pen over 30 days after first opening after being stored in fridge? I can’t find anything online that says medically why the 30 days is advised only that it should be used within that time based on dosage. The skeptic in me is wondering is this a marketing ploy for people to buy more who are only tolerant of lower doses. Any advice or links to any evidence would be appreciate. Thanks
Yes I have. I bought 3 pens and stayed on the .6mg as I had nausea and horrible burping. I'm on week 6 now I've lost 10lbs still at .6mg. I've only just finished my first pen. There was no difference even though it was over the 30 days (some day I even skipped my injection) I'm a member of OA and this drug had really helped me stop the constant "food chatter" in my head as well as my physical hunger. Its been life changing for me so far. HTH
---
Girls, so I know I should read all pages,but honestly, I can't, quick question for anyone in Ireland,can I buy this anywhere? Can I buy from Britain or Europe? Is it only prescribed for type 2 diabetes? I don't have type 2, but quite overweight
Healthwave.ie

Rybelsus Day 2!
yesterday I took the tablet and had good appetite suppression, no other side effects which was amazing. So I’m not worried now and can just get on with hopefully losing weight. However one big point of realisation was that hunger is only half the challenge for me. I overeat even when I’m not hungry and that’s an emotional/psychological issue that I need to deal with. I ate far too much yesterday, I binged on all sorts (ice lollies and crisps) even though I definitely wasn’t hungry. At some point I forced myself up to do housework and for a walk because otherwise I was going to sit and keep eating. I was painfully full when I got up and that was enough to tell me.

Partly that’s because yesterday was also day 1 of TOTM and I think I craved those things because of that. I’m wondering if I’m also scared to lose the desire for the things I’ve been comforted by my whole life. I did go shopping yesterday and wasn’t at all tempted by any of the things I would usually add to my basket. I think it’s just habit and addiction and patterns that I need to deal with now.

I have been constipated for a while and I’ve been taking dulcolax to deal. My Dr wasn’t concerned, so I just need to eat fibre, drink water and hope it will normalise in time. So if that’s the worst of my side effects on this, that’s a win for me

• Heart
Reactions: 5
When does everyone find the best time to inject ozempic? Just got my delivery and debating whether to start tonight or tomorrow

When does everyone find the best time to inject ozempic? Just got my delivery and debating whether to start tonight or tomorrow
I was worried about side effects getting in the way of work so I took my first dose at 6pm. I was thinking if I had horrendous side effects I might only have to put up with them for a few hours and then sleep through them and feel better for the day after

I was worried about side effects getting in the way of work so I took my first dose at 6pm. I was thinking if I had horrendous side effects I might only have to put up with them for a few hours and then sleep through them and feel better for the day after
I’ve just taken mine! Got a feeling of dread and excitement

Thinking of starting Saxenda after reading through this thread. Where is the best place to order and how long does a pen last? And do you recommend to saxenda over the others as a first timer? I probably have about 4 stone to loose

Just out of interest, does the risk of Thyroid Cancer from the injections not worry everyone taking them? After reading the side effect warnings it's pretty scary!

Just out of interest, does the risk of Thyroid Cancer from the injections not worry everyone taking them? After reading the side effect warnings it's pretty scary!
Yeh I was on the brink of ordering but the thyroid cancer risks put me off 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.