Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just out of interest, does the risk of Thyroid Cancer from the injections not worry everyone taking them? After reading the side effect warnings it's pretty scary!
I looked into it and it was a side effect that had only been seen in rats. And I recall this was because rats already have a higher level of some sort of hormone that makes that more likely. I don’t remember the exact ins and outs, but I figured my weight was putting me at more health risks than a very rare potential risk from a treatment that could help me fix them all.

Totally each to their own though and I can understand why it’s frightening to read!

Reactions: 7
Thyroid cancer is a risk of course and I suppose for me it means that only people who are obese or severely overweight with health issues should be taking it. It's not something people with a stone or two to lose should be risking in my view.

Reactions: 5
Thinking of starting Saxenda after reading through this thread. Where is the best place to order and how long does a pen last? And do you recommend to saxenda over the others as a first timer? I probably have about 4 stone to loose
I ordered from Asda, as they do a discount for the first pen (they sell one to start, then you buy in threes or fives). How long they last is dependent on how long you stay on each dose - each pen holds 18ml (mg? Can’t remember!) and the starting dose is 0.6. You then increase by 0.6 increments so 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/and 3.00 (full dose) You can go up every week (not before) or stay on a dose that works for you. Some people also go up by ‘clicks’, (ten between each dose) and go up the doses slowly (or not at all). Basically, you may spend longer doing the maths of how long a pen lasts than actually eating. If you get to the full dose of 3.0 each pen will last 6 days, stay on 2.4 and it’ll last 7.5 days, stay on 1.8 and it’ll last 10 days etc

I had two fish fingers and a small portion of oven fries and tonight. TWO!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I ordered from Asda, as they do a discount for the first pen (they sell one to start, then you buy in threes or fives). How long they last is dependent on how long you stay on each dose - each pen holds 18ml (mg? Can’t remember!) and the starting dose is 0.6. You then increase by 0.6 increments so 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/and 3.00 (full dose) You can go up every week (not before) or stay on a dose that works for you. Some people also go up by ‘clicks’, (ten between each dose) and go up the doses slowly (or not at all). Basically, you may spend longer doing the maths of how long a pen lasts than actually eating. If you get to the full dose of 3.0 each pen will last 6 days, stay on 2.4 and it’ll last 7.5 days, stay on 1.8 and it’ll last 10 days etc

I had two fish fingers and a small portion of oven fries and tonight. TWO!
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply in such depth! *runs to asda website* 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone used more than 4 doses from their 0.25 ozempic pen? Because I’ve done 4 weeks and I’ve still got loads left in the pen!

I’ve been approved for ozempic now.

Im thinking of doing 0.25 ozempic and reducing my sax down to 1.8 at the same time 🙈 I know you shouldn’t use both but they’re different drugs that work in the same way so I’m wondering if it would be effective or if I’d just be ill 😂 anyone any thoughts?? I’ve got about a stone/1.5st left to lose but it’s really slow progress now (physically changing but the scales aren’t moving much) and im impatient. It’s very expensive to not see the number on the scales going anywhere.

Obviously not suggesting anyone else does this and I may not actually do it just curious.

Has anyone used more than 4 doses from their 0.25 ozempic pen? Because I’ve done 4 weeks and I’ve still got loads left in the pen!
I must have a different pen. Mine comes with 4 "injections" of 0.25 that I click onto the pen. So I used one each week. Just took no. 4 last week. How's it going for you?

Reactions: 1
Hi all, just been approved by Asda for the Saxenda pen

2 questions;

Am I better off taking it at night to avoid as much side effects?

Do I need to buy my own needles or do Asda provide any? I did order a sharps bin through them

TIA

X

You’ll get needles form Asda 😊

The timing of taking it completely depends on you and what works best. You may not have any side effects 😊 good luck

Hi ladies. Has anyone moved over to Ozempic from Saxenda? I have 5 pens of saxenda left and iv decided after that I'll move to ozempic for price purposes as it seems to be bit cheaper and also better results hopefully. Would be interested to hear how it has gone for anyone or best way to do it..leaving gap before starting etc. Thanks in advance

I did. No gap between but the mistake I made was starting on the lowest dose. It meant I didn’t lose for the first 2/3 months. Since October I’ve lost 20 lbs and I’m delighted with that.

Reactions: 3
I did. No gap between but the mistake I made was starting on the lowest dose. It meant I didn’t lose for the first 2/3 months. Since October I’ve lost 20 lbs and I’m delighted with that.
OK thats good to know. I'm at 3.0 now on saxenda so will ahbe to try figure out what dose would be suitable on ozempic. Thanks for the feedback.

Did you gain in that time or maintain? 20lbs since October is amazing 😊

I lost 32 lbs on Saxenda then stalled for 6 months. I decided to take a two week break as I’d read online restarting could break a stall. I shouldn’t have done that because I gained something like 10lbs really fast and continued to gain once I restarted. I got to the point I was only 11 lbs down from the start. Now I’m back to 31 lbs down so pretty much exactly where I was this time last year. I’m not going to take a break again! Also I’m not going to be silly enough to believe tit online not written by a qualified doctor 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am down 24% of my starting weight from last May. However was away last week and here was me thinking yeah so slim but photos say otherwise. I'd have thought 10 1/2 stone was a nice weight for a me but apparently not. But I seem to have stopped weight loss. I know I've over shot what Ozempic should achieve for me and am in such a better place then last year.

Had gone down a few notches over supply issues christmas and have just titrated up to 1 again. (started 1 last thursday). Ideally would like another few lbs down to give me some wiggle room to be a healthy bmi. (am just a smidge under being overweight now). Don't get me wrong but I'm thrilled with where I am. But I'm still pudgy in middle. Do train and exercise but maybe need to be slightly cleaner on diet.

Reactions: 3
I started ozempic last night, I went for the arm as I’d ready it was a good place for no side effects. While I’ve eaten less I’m not convinced it’s because of ozempic. I could certainly eat my dinner and not just 3 bites. I’m on the lowest dose and hope next week in the thigh will be better.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.