Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone taken rybelsus?
Is that the tablet version?
I'm on to the 1.2 does now (lost 6.5lb, yay), and really surprised upping the dose didn't make me nauseous all over again. Unfortunately I'm still to lose my appetite or feel full after two bites. Dammit, I wanted a magical diet!
🤣🤣 I know me too!! But well done that is a really good, weight loss, think we are going to have to be in it for the long haul.

Reactions: 2
I am still clicking at .8 but its two weeks since I had a jab as I felt a little crappy - took it this morning. Won't like was picking more yesterday but have held weight. Nearly at goal or probably am at it. What do people do from here on in.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone experienced bloating on saxenda? My stomach is so swollen and rock hard! On day 8 and on 0.6 still.

@Twinklestar yes my stomach feels bloated, I'm on my 5th week I think and 11lb down. I'm on 1.2. Having to take dulcoease as been abit constipated. These last 2 weeks I've only lost 1.4lb, wish it was more lol.

Picking up my Saxenda today - bit nervous! The nausea/vomiting is what I am most worried about, I absolutely hate being sick! Has anyone taken anti emetics to help, or any advice on how to minimise the likelihood of vomiting? I understand its a side effect and probably par for the course but any advice greatly recieved!

Reactions: 1
Picking up my Saxenda today - bit nervous! The nausea/vomiting is what I am most worried about, I absolutely hate being sick! Has anyone taken anti emetics to help, or any advice on how to minimise the likelihood of vomiting? I understand its a side effect and probably par for the course but any advice greatly recieved!
I’ve sometimes felt slightly nauseous but only ever vomited as a result of too many alcoholic beverages the evening before.

Good luck and enjoy the journey.

• Heart
I’ve sometimes felt slightly nauseous but only ever vomited as a result of too many alcoholic beverages the evening before.

Good luck and enjoy the journey.
Ah that is good to know! Thank you :) I'll probably become a regular on this thread - all the discussion on here was really helpful in making my decision to start.

• Heart
I’ve just recently increased to 2.4 and all of a sudden no appetite suppression, no side effects, nothing! Has anyone else experienced this?

I've only felt sick, it's more of a feeling not like I am going to projectile vomit all over the place, just low level nausea, I think that is why you lose weight because you just don't fancy eating anything. When I felt like that for a few days I just lowered the dose a bit, you might be fine, I find Rennie or just eating a dry water cracker helps, oh the joys of weight loss 🤣 I have gone up to 1.8 yesterday and today fingers crossed I will be more used to it now. Good luck 🤞

When I’ve felt sick it’s usually been down to not eating enough for too long. A small snack usually helps. The actual vomiting doesn’t always seem related. I have been sick out of nowhere several times, even when I’ve felt fine.

I think I might stop taking the Saxenda, lost a stone in 5 weeks but I can’t go to the toilet without using dulcoease and prunes!! I hate the fact my body is not naturally doing what it should be and getting rid of it by itself, and I don’t want a laxative problem! I thought about switching to ozempic instead to see if it’s any different but i’d honestly rather try and stick to a calorie controlled diet and more exercise and go back to my natural functions!! I’m glad i tried it but don’t think it’s for me!

• Heart
I’ve been using Saxenda since last October with a break in December and January as didn’t like how it made me feel.
My first lots of pens helped me loose 1 stone. My aim was to loose 1.5 stone so I was happy with that.
Weighed again in January and I’d put on 1/2 stone so started the pens again.
Im on my last pen (1.8) and I’m down 10lbs BUT I have never known constipation like it. I can go over a week without a vowel movement and then need to take lactulose or Senna which only has a minimal effect. I feel bloated, nauseous and generally crappy (pardon the pun).
Any tips please?!
I reckon by the time I manage a poo I’ll be a few lbs lighter - it’s really been that long!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
I personally have tried both pens & have found the side effects absolutely awful. The first time I ended up in hospital the stomach pain was so bad and I was passing what looked like jelly blood (saxenda) this was afew years ago and I promised myself never again. Then I got sucked into the Ozempic hype and was so constipated plus violently sick and that was only on the 0.25 dose. I have a very sensitive stomach though and chronic IBS. I do believe the pens work but at what cost? I would just say to anyone wishing to try them to please tread carefully. I will just stay fat 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I've received my first pen of Saxenda and I'm taking it tomorrow. I'm training for a half marathon (I have done a few) and I'm concerned I won't have the energy to run!
I have been calorie counting but just not losing anything. It's great to look at this thread for advice.

• Heart
Week 2 on Ozempic update and I've lost another pound. Was my fiances birthday so cant lie I mainly ate cake 😅 so I'm pleased to have a loss at all. My march goal is half a stone so please wish me luck 🤞 I've reached the weight where I usually give up so I'm really trying to stay strong.

Reactions: 5
Week 2 on Ozempic update and I've lost another pound. Was my fiances birthday so cant lie I mainly ate cake 😅 so I'm pleased to have a loss at all. My march goal is half a stone so please wish me luck 🤞 I've reached the weight where I usually give up so I'm really trying to stay strong.
Im wk 2 on ozempic too👋. I'm only down a pound so far. A half stone would be a dream come true at this stage. Best of luck with it. I hope it'll work for all of us💕

• Heart
Absolutely zero loss for me on ozempic still 😭 feel absolutely fine also 🤔 had side effects with sax at the start, basically wasting my money at this point, do i continue??

Good luck 😸 🍀

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.