Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dublin/Leinster folk where are you sourcing Ozempic? It's my pref but GP said he'd give me Saxenda first because of stock issues but I really hate the idea of daily injection, I'll move to wegovy in 24 once available
I get my script through Mobidoc no questions asked. As for getting the actual ozempic I litreally call all the chemists. I found independent chemist's are better and if you get it a few times off them they tend to look after you better

Reactions: 2
Thank you. I'm still on the starter dose so fingers crossed it does curb the alcohol desire too eventually!
I’m new to Ozempic and love my wine. I tried to have a glass for my sisters birthday today at lunch and couldn’t stomach it. Tasted totally different. I’ve just went up to 0.5 and definitely feel the difference. Also being sick in the morning and have heartburn

Reactions: 3
I’m new to Ozempic and love my wine. I tried to have a glass for my sisters birthday today at lunch and couldn’t stomach it. Tasted totally different. I’ve just went up to 0.5 and definitely feel the difference. Also being sick in the morning and have heartburn
I've got about a week left on the starter dose so hopefully once I up the dose I'll go off it 🙈

Reactions: 1
Wine definitely tastes different for me on Saxenda…turns out I have to buy the more expensive bottles now to enjoy it 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Has anyone got any advise on tablets v injections. I’d rather take tablets. I just cannot be bothered with the faff of injecting. I take oral HRT so figure that as I’m taking that I may as well have a tablet at the same time… anyway does anyone know if the side effects will be the same? If you have them that is? Thank you….

Has anyone got any advise on tablets v injections. I’d rather take tablets. I just cannot be bothered with the faff of injecting. I take oral HRT so figure that as I’m taking that I may as well have a tablet at the same time… anyway does anyone know if the side effects will be the same? If you have them that is? Thank you….
I've read a little bit that the injection is more effective than the tablets. I'm not sure if you can take it at the same time as other medication tho as I think it might affect absorption.

• Heart
I’ve not heard that it affects absorption? I take the pill and medication for my heart and no online prescriber or my GP has said it make affect it. I’d be especially worried if it may affect the pill 😂 don’t wanna be spending all this money to lose my belly if the pill might fail and make it grow again 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You need to take the tablet separate from anything else and with only a minimal amount of water. After 30 minutes you can eat, drink and take other medication.

I also preferred tablets to start with and I’m still on them. My results feel slow although I have definitely lost weight and people are commenting but the scales show hardly anything. That said, I am losing comfortably with no side effects and I have no issues with the dosage or taking the tablets so it works for me. If I continue after another 2 months I might be tempted to try an injectable but more out of curiosity.

• Heart
I started off on Rybelsus tablets worked my way up to the full14mg dose but I was so poorly constantly. I was throwing up every morning, feeling weak and generally miserable and think In the months I took them I lost just under a stone. I’m now nearly 3 stone down after being on ozempic for the last 4 months (I started on the 0.5 for 2 months then up to the 1mg dose) only problem with it is I feel my appetite coming back a few days before injection day!

• Heart
Week two is nearly done and the scales haven’t moved but my stomach is flatter and a pair of adidas joggers which we’re getting tight on my thighs, now are fitting me perfectly. Got to love non scale victories.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Bit of an experiment for me today now restarting pen. I don't want to be sick after 4 weeks. Do yee think I should go back to .25 or .5. I'm thinking .25 but wondering would it kick start a little more loss. I am at 25% of my body weight loss so overshot the products average of 15%. I still have terrible apron tum that would like a little more gone from

Weight day…haven’t lost a pound 😂 not letting it get me down though! My appetite has reduced massively so will keep going and hopefully I will see results soon 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I paid for manual before but can’t afford it
About size 18 ( did lose some weight on the ozempic) but can’t afford to keep it up .
What’s the best way to get it from my
Doctor ? Best thing to say ? Do doctors do it ?

thank you for all the responses re tablets v injections... I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks, i guess the decision is what version of meds and wether to start now or after i get back off holiday... x

Royal Mail tried to deliver my Ozempic today however I am at work. They didn't give me an option to deliver next door nor did they try to, so now I am worried the wrap keeping it cold will run out by the time I actually get it. Do health express put anything on explicitly stating it needs to be kept cold?

Praying they try again later when I AM home :confused:

Just done my second jab - does the jabbing ever get easier? I have to hype myself up for about half an hour before I can actually do it 😂 I don’t know why it bothers me, it’s the tiniest little needle!

• Heart
Is anybody else suffering from really bad bloating? Making me think I’m putting on weight rather than losing it! Can anyone suggest anything to help reduce it? 😭

Is anybody else suffering from really bad bloating? Making me think I’m putting on weight rather than losing it! Can anyone suggest anything to help reduce it? 😭
Only if I eat after I’m no longer hungry. I had a jacket potato with coleslaw for lunch the other day. I was full by halfway through a kept eating because it was lovely and also I was sitting with colleagues.

For the rest of the day I was so bloated, it was uncomfortable. I couldn’t have any dinner at night.

I try to stop eating now as soon as I start to feel full to avoid the bloat. If it means chucking out half my plate, that’s ok.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.