Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I didn’t do my first jab yesterday as I usually have a bottle of wine on Friday night and need to accept this might not be able to happen !!! 😂
I did feel OK drinking so am hoping I can still enjoy a glass of wine/cider on the weekend. I'll give up crisps/chocolate/take aways but I do love a drink on the weekend 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I haven’t had a drink for two weeks. I will drink if I’m out on a night out but lost the urge for random wines or G&Ts at home in between.

Reactions: 4
I used to enjoy a glass (bottle!) of red wine at the weekend but now the thought of it turns my stomach! I haven’t touched it since I started but I have managed Prosecco, I never used to drink Prosecco ever, so it definitely does something to the way you think and taste food and drink!

Does anyone know what happens when your BMI gets below 30? I’m not at that stage yet but I am worried that health express will stop prescribing it once I get below 30? Do providers not let you get to target weight?

Also I read on another forum that they stop prescribing if you haven’t lost 5% of your stating weight in the first 12 weeks - has anyone had any experience with Health Express? I’m due to order next week and I haven’t quite lost 5% yet and I’m on week 12.

Reactions: 3
When I was on Saxenda I wanted sweet drinks like cider or Tia Maria. The thought of wine or G&T 🤮

I’m over that now I’m on Ozempic.

Reactions: 1
I used to enjoy a glass (bottle!) of red wine at the weekend but now the thought of it turns my stomach! I haven’t touched it since I started but I have managed Prosecco, I never used to drink Prosecco ever, so it definitely does something to the way you think and taste food and drink!

Does anyone know what happens when your BMI gets below 30? I’m not at that stage yet but I am worried that health express will stop prescribing it once I get below 30? Do providers not let you get to target weight?

Also I read on another forum that they stop prescribing if you haven’t lost 5% of your stating weight in the first 12 weeks - has anyone had any experience with Health Express? I’m due to order next week and I haven’t quite lost 5% yet and I’m on week 12.
Im switching to ozempic so I’m a new customer and health expressed prescribed to me. I’m below 30 bmi and only a stone to go to target. They put it on hold at first, asked a couple questions with their live chat and then prescribed. If you’re worried about them not prescribing because you’re not quite at 5% but only a few lbs off could you just bend the truth slightly?

Im switching to ozempic so I’m a new customer and health expressed prescribed to me. I’m below 30 bmi and only a stone to go to target. They put it on hold at first, asked a couple questions with their live chat and then prescribed. If you’re worried about them not prescribing because you’re not quite at 5% but only a few lbs off could you just bend the truth slightly?
Yes I think that’s what I’ll do to make sure I don’t get declined, it’s only 4lb difference so I will hopefully make that up over the next few weeks. Thank you for replying.

I’m sure you’ll be fine! 4lb difference could be skipping a meal, a big 💩 and not having quite as much water as normal the night before you weigh. I would just take it off the weight I told them 😊

Reactions: 3
Just gone to order my 4th pen or ozempic from ‘Mayfair weight loss clinic’ and it’s showing out of stock - anyone have any experience of this or any idea what I can do? Will another prescriber start me on the 1mg dose I have worked my way up to? Or will the pharmacy I used previously have some in stock for a current customer?

I moved and they just asked if I had been using it and had any side effects. I went with quickmeds.

What are people's views on batch-buying Ozempic given the shortage? Or would that just lead to more shortages further down the line? Having a bit of a moral quandary about it.

Numan just emailed me saying they have no Ozempic in stock and my next delivery would be delayed for over a week! I’ve been getting deliveries from them for about 6 months. Luckily I have two weeks extra stock since I had a pause in taking it. I will say that those two weeks I was absolutely ravenous and couldn’t stop thinking about food! I honestly never want to be without Ozempic again it’s changed my life ❤

I’m back from my holiday, and fully delighted to have lost just over 3lb (I’d had a gain the week before I went). I was pretty good on holiday, but did have to go down a couple of doses of sax as had such stomach upsets (💩) after every meal. I had three glasses of wine all week, and seemed fine on it. Total loss now 18lb, in (I think) seven weeks, which I’m happy with. Only approx eleventy billion more to go! Still not really got a hugely reduced appetite though, but still fairly easy to not overeat.

Reactions: 9
I have 1.5 pens of saxenda left and restarting fresh for a boost after a greedy Easter. I was doing OK on my own from my last spurt of saxenda last year. I seem to only be able to manage a few weeks at a time but then lose about half a stone to a stone in those bursts. I have found some 4mg ondansetron setofilm from my hyperemesis days. Its strong stuff so will ration it out, also bought a packet of buccastem as I recall from said hyperemesis days that prochlorperazine doesn't make me as drowsy.

Reactions: 2
With regard to the people injecting into thigh, do you put it in fat or muscle and do you have to pinch or pull the skin tight? It’s a bit daunting 😬

With regard to the people injecting into thigh, do you put it in fat or muscle and do you have to pinch or pull the skin tight? It’s a bit daunting 😬
Don’t put it into muscle! You could pinch a big chunk if you like, but I just find an area and jab it straight in. It’s a bit more daunting than the tummy, but once you’ve done it a couple of times it’s fine. I’ve not done my arm yet - that squicks me out big time.

Don’t put it into muscle! You could pinch a big chunk if you like, but I just find an area and jab it straight in. It’s a bit more daunting than the tummy, but once you’ve done it a couple of times it’s fine. I’ve not done my arm yet - that squicks me out big time.
Thank you 😊 do you think tummy is easier?

Thank you 😊 do you think tummy is easier?
I alternate thighs and stomach - both fine for me. I see a lot written about changing location if your weight’s stalling, to kickstart it again, but don't really see how that makes sense - can't hurt though.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.