Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine was delayed being shipped because of the bank holiday but that was to be expected.
I had my first jab yesterday and a few hours later I had a cracking headache which has only just gone down to a mild throb.
I had my usual belvita breakfast biscuits and they didn’t taste right at all and they took ages to eat.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Mine was delayed being shipped because of the bank holiday but that was to be expected.
I had my first jab yesterday and a few hours later I had a cracking headache which has only just gone down to a mild throb.
I had my usual belvita breakfast biscuits and they didn’t taste right at all and they took ages to eat.
Make sure you’re drinking 2 litres of water a day- it might help with the headaches?

I hope your body acclimatises quickly. I guess it’s good that you’re already being put off food. It’s a shame the biscuits weren’t as enjoyable as usual though. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels tho eh? (why did I say that….I bloody hate that phrase 🤪)

your taste buds do change so much. Sweets are no like ash in my mouth. I have a real savoury tooth. Love Beetroot in my salads etc. But the real zing of nice food has gone which is a little sad sometimes. I've still had no luck getting a pen but weighing myself daily to watch and no gaining or pigging out.

Reactions: 1
Do you reckon taste buds come back after ? 😬
For me not while I was on the jab. I cannot tolerate alcohol at all. Still no great desire and Im sure Ozempic isn't in my system at the moment. If someone came in with the nicest raspberry and white chocolate concoction for lunch I'd turn my nose up at it (which is a first)!.
---
However Im happy. A year ago I was burst at the seams. Heading for 14 stone. Down 50lbs now. Normal bmi. Also perimenopausal so had had a real battle to shift a single lb before.

I do need to go clothes shopping though. I'm like a scarecrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Make sure you’re drinking 2 litres of water a day- it might help with the headaches?

I hope your body acclimatises quickly. I guess it’s good that you’re already being put off food. It’s a shame the biscuits weren’t as enjoyable as usual though. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels tho eh? (why did I say that….I bloody hate that phrase 🤪)
I’ve been stalking this thread for ages, so I’m guzzling water
Hahah I hate that phrase, especially as I was skinny as few years ago 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Does anyone know the expiry of an unopened refrigerated pen? How many monthly years do these last if you want take a break but still have an unopened pen?

You're all so lucky in the UK to have such easy access to ozempic. I'm breaking my balls everyday here in Ireland trying to get it. Pain in the arse

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I am but self aware enough to know I've been here before through different paths most noteably a vlcd and still ended up very heavy. Maintenance after weight loss is indeed the biggest challenge

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just seen a scary post on FB about people having bad “accidents” on Ozempic. People talking about their most embarrassing situations and it made me feel 🤢. Is this a thing? Must admit this has terrified me somewhat 😬

First day on Saxenda, not much has happened. Injected in to my thigh then got a rash just below & assumed I was going to be the first death reported (ever the optimist!) no symptoms and no loss of appetite or diminished food chatter. When should I expect it to start working? I’m worried I’ll be the 1/3 it doesn’t work for!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hi all, can you get Ozempic/WeGovy without having to prove your BMI in the UK? I thought it had to be prescribed by a Dr. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.