Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I alternate thighs and stomach - both fine for me. I see a lot written about changing location if your weight’s stalling, to kickstart it again, but don't really see how that makes sense - can't hurt though.
Thank you for the info ❤

Reactions: 1
I find tummy much easier than thigh. I’ve accidentally injected in to muscle in my thigh and it was agony all day. I only go for thigh when my tummy is a bit bruised (not painful bruises). I don’t pinch either I just jab while I’m doing something else and walk around holding it in for the 6 seconds 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
@raspberryjuice can I ask if you have has any noticeable effects on you face? I've read about ozempic face, which is basically where you lose weight on your face and get wrinkles and I am a bit worried. Got 50+lbs to lose but currently have no wrinkles and would like to stay that way for a few more years :ROFLMAO:
Dr Dray debunked this

Reactions: 4
Anyone else not told their partner & struggling to come up with excuses why you don’t want to eat?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I haven’t told mine and am a bit concerned about this !! 😂😂😂😂 I’ll probably tell him after a week or so ……..
Mine paid for my pen 😂 he’s very supportive as long as I’m happy and all that jazz lol 😂
---
Anyone noticing that they’re taking longer to finish their food?

Reactions: 3
Hello 😊
I started Saxenda yesterday at 7pm, I bought privately from boots.
I have had some nausea that I liken to early morning sickness vibes! but that’s all (for now! 😄). I am looking forward to reading any tips and tricks to get me through and get some of this timber off 🐖

Reactions: 2
Anyone else not told their partner & struggling to come up with excuses why you don’t want to eat?!
I told mine I was getting it. I explained that when I’m unhappy in my body and overweight, my self-esteem is awful, my sex-drive plummets and I’m grumpy. But if only there was a way for me to lose a few llb and feel better I’m sure I’d just want sex with him ALL DAY LONG.

He practically did the first injection for me 🤪

Of course once the weight is off he will realise that I will always love cake more than him. But I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I could never keep it secret. I consider my beloved honoured and privileged to be kept informed about every single step of my journey, in excruciating exquisite detail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve just told mine I’m looking to get fitter and lose weight so rarher than avoiding foods I’m eating less of the stuff I want to eat. So far he’s not questioned that.

My husband and I are doing it together. We both need to be in the same mindset as we tend to drag each other down with eating rubbish.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s not that I don’t want him to know, it’s just I don’t want him to know how much it costs…..

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It’s not that I don’t want him to know, it’s just I don’t want him to know how much it costs…..
Do you think he’d check? My husband would probably believe whatever price I told him.

Or can you say you got an introductory deal?

Oh he’d check lol. It’s not that he’d mind it’s just I plead poverty a lot for why I can’t afford fuel or the food shop etc so he’ll be like why can you afford this then 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Any actual diabetics here that are doing opemzic..I'm wondering if I could get it on prescription and whether doctors are open to this. And can you take it with metformin

Any actual diabetics here that are doing opemzic..I'm wondering if I could get it on prescription and whether doctors are open to this. And can you take it with metformin
I was prescribed it due to type 2 diabetes (well I had Rybelsus to begin with now ozempic) and my hba1c has gone from 57 to 39! My Diabetic nurse is happy to keep me on it as I want to continue losing weight (15kg down so far) and so I get it as a free prescription!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was prescribed it due to type 2 diabetes (well I had Rybelsus to begin with now ozempic) and my hba1c has gone from 57 to 39! My Diabetic nurse is happy to keep me on it as I want to continue losing weight (15kg down so far) and so I get it as a free prescription!
Would I just ask for it on my next review?

I haven’t told mine yet, only because he is the total opposite of me and eats so much and needs to gain weight so he doesn’t really get it.

Ive just done my 5th jab using my 0.25 pen. So taken two shots to get 0.5 but it’s still got at least another 0.5 in it despite saying 1.5ml in total.

My husband didn't give a continental as long as I was happy and healthier but we didn't discuss it much. It is a big spend but ozempic but it is an investment in me. After years of parenting and caring for a sn child I needed to put myself first in something. I was hitting 14 stone, all in my middle area. Awful stuff. Too much judgement out there at when people try and break the cycle that lead them into obesity be it medicine or surgery.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.