Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been desperate to try. Really not sure which to go for. I am really pleased I’ve found this thread and reading with interest!

Was going to take the plunge and order last night but then still have a fridge full of Easter egg so
Figured maybe I’ll leave it a bit lol

I’m not someone with a big appetite but have gained weight due to age and snacking. Do you think ozempic will help. I can’t drop a lb no matter what atm.

I’ve just got my Saxenda pens - first injection going to be tomorrow 🙌 i ordered on Boots - if I order more pens do I have to go through the same rigamarole of the online consultation and then it having to get approved again? Seems such a faff.

Reactions: 3
I’m not someone with a big appetite but have gained weight due to age and snacking. Do you think ozempic will help. I can’t drop a lb no matter what atm.
For me, Ozempic gets rid of the will to have snacks. Or, if I do have one I have no appetite to eat a meal later.

So say I come in from work and fancy something quick, eg toast or crackers and cheese, that’ll be me for the evening. I might have a biscuit with my bedtime cuppa at 10pm.

I usually have a medium sized jacket potato for lunch with whatever filling the work’s canteen is doing that day and a side salad. Honestly after eating that, and sometimes I don’t finish it, I feel like I’ve had a five course meal and can hardly move 🤣

I have water, coffee and a banana or plum or pear in the morning.

If I do have dinner I’ll have a small child’s size portion and that’s plenty.
---
I think to sum up, Ozempic makes you behave the same way you do for the first 3 - 7 days of a new diet when you’re keen and before the wee cheats start slipping in… but every day for as long as you’re on it.

Reactions: 16
So glad I've found this thread! Rybelsus arrived today and going to start tomorrow. I found it a bit cheaper than the injection (as me and husband are doing it together).

Reactions: 4
An update on my Rybelsus journey:
Over the past month I’ve been on 3mg which isn’t supposed to be a properly effective dose but I’m in a FB group with people who have lost weight on it.
Good appetite suppression, I got full quickly but had a very active social calendar last month which made it hard. Didn’t drink enough water admittedly but by the end of the month I have definitely lost weight. Unfortunately it’s hard for me to tell how much because the medication slows the digestion of food so I’m always feeling quite full as I only have bowel movement once, max twice, a week. Because of that, I get on the scale but don’t always see the change. However my last empty weigh in was a good 4-5lbs off. I can feel it in my midsection and I can see it on myself so I’m pleased.

I had no side effects of the usual type unless I overate, then I would feel mildly queasy. However I did notice real exhaustion and fatigue in the last 2 weeks, so much so that I had to take a break for a few days and I do feel better now. I don’t know if that was Rybelsus or something else but I’m prepared to continue and my 7mg is about to be dispatched. I’ll have to power through if the fatigue continues.

I’m hoping that I’ll make better progress on the 7mg, and that I can get into a good rhythm with meal planning and getting back into the gym. More than any thing I appreciate the fact that I don’t feel the need to eat around the clock and I can just eat like a normal person. That said, I still have eyes bigger than my stomach: I will still go to a restaurant and order everything on the menu but now I just couldn’t finish it all.

Reactions: 5
An update on my Rybelsus journey:
Over the past month I’ve been on 3mg which isn’t supposed to be a properly effective dose but I’m in a FB group with people who have lost weight on it.
Good appetite suppression, I got full quickly but had a very active social calendar last month which made it hard. Didn’t drink enough water admittedly but by the end of the month I have definitely lost weight. Unfortunately it’s hard for me to tell how much because the medication slows the digestion of food so I’m always feeling quite full as I only have bowel movement once, max twice, a week. Because of that, I get on the scale but don’t always see the change. However my last empty weigh in was a good 4-5lbs off. I can feel it in my midsection and I can see it on myself so I’m pleased.

I had no side effects of the usual type unless I overate, then I would feel mildly queasy. However I did notice real exhaustion and fatigue in the last 2 weeks, so much so that I had to take a break for a few days and I do feel better now. I don’t know if that was Rybelsus or something else but I’m prepared to continue and my 7mg is about to be dispatched. I’ll have to power through if the fatigue continues.

I’m hoping that I’ll make better progress on the 7mg, and that I can get into a good rhythm with meal planning and getting back into the gym. More than any thing I appreciate the fact that I don’t feel the need to eat around the clock and I can just eat like a normal person. That said, I still have eyes bigger than my stomach: I will still go to a restaurant and order everything on the menu but now I just couldn’t finish it all.
Are you allowed to say the name of the FB group?

I’ve just got my Saxenda pens - first injection going to be tomorrow 🙌 i ordered on Boots - if I order more pens do I have to go through the same rigamarole of the online consultation and then it having to get approved again? Seems such a faff.
No, you just select re-order on your account and have to update your weight etc. It’s much quicker after you’ve been approved once. I’ve had to send scales pics at 6 months again but that’s all.

Reactions: 2
@raspberryjuice can I ask if you have has any noticeable effects on you face? I've read about ozempic face, which is basically where you lose weight on your face and get wrinkles and I am a bit worried. Got 50+lbs to lose but currently have no wrinkles and would like to stay that way for a few more years :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
@raspberryjuice can I ask if you have has any noticeable effects on you face? I've read about ozempic face, which is basically where you lose weight on your face and get wrinkles and I am a bit worried. Got 50+lbs to lose but currently have no wrinkles and would like to stay that way for a few more years :ROFLMAO:
Ozempic face is a catch phrase made up by the media. Anyone who loses a lot of weight through any method will be left with a less fat face.

Reactions: 13
Hello, thanks to @PrincessCharming for pointing me to this thread. I started my Ozempic journey two weeks ago..

I am not noticing too much in the way of side effects - a slight bit of nausea and some cramps (which may tie in with cycle).
I agree the good noise is reduced and previously I could eat and feel unsatisfied so would eat more and I’m cutting portion sizes but I don’t have the suppressed appetite others have.

I am still able to drink alcohol.

we’re away at the moment and I can’t weigh until I get back next weekend but I don’t feel like I’ve lost anything yet.

Reactions: 1
No you just message them and ask for a new prescription and they will put it through. Just have to let them know what your current weight is and the dose you are on.
---
I’m stuck at a plateau, currently on 3mg and have been for weeks now which was working well but the effects aren’t as strong anymore. I’m not exercising atm but think I’m going to have to start which I’m dreading. I’ve got 10lbs to lose until goal weight and my fitness is absolutely shocking so need to just bite the bullet. About to go pick up my new pens 🎉

Reactions: 2
Ozempic face is a catch phrase made up by the media. Anyone who loses a lot of weight through any method will be left with a less fat face.
I know, that's why I clarified 'where you lose weight on your face and get wrinkles'. I was asking for personal experience.

No you just message them and ask for a new prescription and they will put it through. Just have to let them know what your current weight is and the dose you are on.
---
I’m stuck at a plateau, currently on 3mg and have been for weeks now which was working well but the effects aren’t as strong anymore. I’m not exercising atm but think I’m going to have to start which I’m dreading. I’ve got 10lbs to lose until goal weight and my fitness is absolutely shocking so need to just bite the bullet. About to go pick up my new pens 🎉
10lb to go is great!

I can’t wait to receive my order. I will admit I had a wobble and was going to cancel. But then I’ve thought just go for it. I believe I’ll end up with diabetes like my mum. I know I’ve got to sort out my eating habits and keep exercising and up the weights to build/keep muscle so this will be no easy fix. I just want to not be hungry and thinking about food. Also got to drink loads water and fruit/ fibre to keep the bowel moving.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How long does it take to receive via online ordering?

I’m desperate to start asap.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.