Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You are where I was this time last year!! I was so excited to start. And I'm down 3 1/2 stone now.

Learn how to use the pen. I lost several doses faffing around with it and its so expensive I was very cross with myself.

Believe in the process. Listen to your boday. Prepare for some changes. I cannot tolerate alchol at all these days and my raging coke zero habbit is broken.
Omg thank you for your advice and kind words, I've 3 stone to shift, I'm not looking for a miracle cure but I didn't think it would take a year? I'm post menopause I think my metabolism disappeared when my periods did! I am very active and a good varied diet, not too much excess of anything, but I'm gaining all the time
---
You are lucky! I spoke to my GP about my weight and mentioned saxenda etc and they told me to eat less food. My Bmi is 36.
Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear that....my doctor was so helpful, I'm actually so grateful, I really was at the end of my rope

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Omg thank you for your advice and kind words, I've 3 stone to shift, I'm not looking for a miracle cure but I didn't think it would take a year? I'm post menopause I think my metabolism disappeared when my periods did! I am very active and a good varied diet, not too much excess of anything, but I'm gaining all the time
---

Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear that....my doctor was so helpful, I'm actually so grateful, I really was at the end of my rope
This is also a life long medication. It didn't take me a year really but it is a long term project. I found ot slow and consistent

Reactions: 4
I’ve been on Saxenda for a year. Came off it at the end of 2021 as I reached my goal weight and was going on holiday. Gained it all back and more…. I’ve never been as big as I’ve ever been in Jan. My appetite was huge.
Next time will stay on a low dose and slowly ween off for as long as I can.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’ve been on Saxenda for a year. Came off it at the end of 2021 as I reached my goal weight and was going on holiday. Gained it all back and more…. I’ve never been as big as I’ve ever been in Jan. My appetite was huge.
Next time will stay on a low dose and slowly ween off for as long as I can.
Oh, that’s devastating! Do you think what you ate justified the weight gain? Or does it duck with your metabolism?

I’m so sad that I’m now on 2.4, and I just don’t have a decreased appetite. There’s been times I’ve not wanted a whole meal, and I’m still being ‘good’, but it’s like there’s absolutely no effect now. I’ll go up to 3.00 next week, and fingers crossed that will give it all a nudge. I just want to be completely disinterested in food, and I’m not.

Reactions: 3
I thought that the whole point was once you were on the max dose it reset your hormones, metabolism and blood sugar etc I didn’t realise you would have to stay on it

Oh, that’s devastating! Do you think what you ate justified the weight gain? Or does it duck with your metabolism?
I was in America, so definitely ate a lot more crap (if you know what I mean… lol)! But I was also always hungry and my appetite increased loads. I never ate like that before. When I read it happened to Remi Bader too, it made a lot of sense.
Some people on FB didn’t gain. So I’ll give it another go to really see.
I think you have to really still hold accountability for what you eat during and after.

Reactions: 4
I’m 22 lbs down since starting Ozempic in August and 33 lbs since I started on Saxenda. That’s been around a year and a half and I’m about halfway to my goal.

I had to wear a belt with my jeans last night. It’s my favourite belt. My friend gave it to me for my birthday back when I was properly thin about 20 years ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I started Saxenda on Tuesday evening, been taking it at 8pm since. Literally had no side effects just yet! And noticed no change in appetite, i’ve come on my period today and im ravenous 🤣 anyone else had this? Did it take moving up a dose to feel any difference?

Reactions: 2
I feel like the pen I have (from London Slimming Club) is a dud. If someone told me ‘you’re just injecting saline’ I would believe them. Literally zero effect and I’m up a dose 1.8 mg.

• Heart
I feel like the pen I have (from London Slimming Club) is a dud. If someone told me ‘you’re just injecting saline’ I would believe them. Literally zero effect and I’m up a dose 1.8 mg.
I’ve had a couple pens where I felt like that. Also a few that made me feel really tit as if they were massively concentrated doses even though I’ve been on 3.0mg for months with no bad side effects. It’s not so bad for me because a pen only lasts 6 days but I wonder if it’s worth you starting another pen (if you have one) and alternating between them until yours is used up? Or having say 0.6mg from one pen and 1.2mg from a new pen?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve had a couple pens where I felt like that. Also a few that made me feel really tit as if they were massively concentrated doses even though I’ve been on 3.0mg for months with no bad side effects. It’s not so bad for me because a pen only lasts 6 days but I wonder if it’s worth you starting another pen (if you have one) and alternating between them until yours is used up? Or having say 0.6mg from one pen and 1.2mg from a new pen?
I’ve got 3 unused pens and I was thinking of trying other ones out. I don’t think I will continue after I’ve used them because my Saxenda journey hasn’t been what I was expecting but I’d like the finish them up.

• Heart
I think I’d be tempted to try alternating with a different pen then, just incase. I mean - it’s medication, I’m sure the dose and quality is really well controlled. But when I’ve got an odd pen I always wonder about temperature control and if it’s been in a colder/warmer part of the fridge and made it go funny or something. I’m sure it hasn’t and it’s all in my head tho 😂

Sorry your journey hasn’t been what you expected. Watch your last pen be amazing and make you want to continue for another box 🤣🫣

• Heart
You saying that I had issues with 3 pens last year from them they all had to be replaced 🙄

I think i might have messed up a little bit here and need some advice 😅

So I've been taking the starter 0.25 of Ozempic since the 18th of Feb. So that's a dose on the 18th Feb, 25th Feb, 4th March, 11th March, 18th March and the 25th March.

I've still got some left in the pen! I have been twisting it til 0.25 - have i been accidentally been giving myself a really small dose?

I'm totally baffled because I'm sure it's only supposed to be four doses in the pen. I've not lost any weight the last few weeks and feel like a bit of an idiot right now.

I think I’ve seen others saying the same? I wonder if the 4 doses is because you’re only supposed to use a pen for 30 days? But if there’s still some left I’d carry on using it, way too expensive to waste!

Hmm I just did the maths. I think there's seven doses of 0.25mg in a 1.5ml pen.

One pre-filled pen contains 2 mg semaglutide in 1.5 ml solution.

Each dose contains 0.25 mg of semaglutide in 0.19 ml, and each dose is 0.19ml.

1.5/0.19 = 7.89473684211

So, 7.89 doses in 1.5ml

That's weird right? it seems really wasteful to package it like that.

Has anyone ever smelt Saxenda?? I don’t know what I expected it to smell like but I got some on my fingers this morning (it dribbled) and it smells like germoline, the thick pink one your mum used to put on your knees when you fell over 🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.