Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same. I just started 0.5mg this morning. No weight loss to report after the first 4 doses of 0.25g. Are you losing now?
---

I'm taking ozempic and have been told by my doctor I will have to stay on it indefinitely to maintain any losses.
I'm reading that some take a reduced dose weekly or a higher dose fortnightly. But most say its a life long medication to hold weight loss

Reactions: 1
Same. I just started 0.5mg this morning. No weight loss to report after the first 4 doses of 0.25g. Are you losing now?
---

I'm taking ozempic and have been told by my doctor I will have to stay on it indefinitely to maintain any losses.
Yes, I’ve lost 20 lbs since October.

• Heart
Can ye get saxender or similar if you don't have any diabetes/pcos etc condition. i am asking as overweight person but been struggling due to mobility issues and pain if walking etc. any advice?

can yet just go in chemist and ask for it?

Can ye get saxender or similar if you don't have any diabetes/pcos etc condition. i am asking as overweight person but been struggling due to mobility issues and pain if walking etc. any advice?

can yet just go in chemist and ask for it?
Use an online pharmacy such as Quickmeds or Health Express. You’ll have a long questionnaire to fill in. If your BMI is over 30 and you have no health issues that stop you taking it, you’ll likely be approved. Saxenda is roughly £250 a month at full dose and a daily injection. Ozempic is around £150 a month and a much more convenient weekly injection.

I’ve done both and prefer Ozempic although Saxenda worked faster in the beginning.

Reactions: 2
What’s the plan for long term maintenance on Saxenda? Can you go down to a lower dose or do you stay at 3.0? I’m getting close to goal but can’t really afford the full whack anymore.

What’s the plan for long term maintenance on Saxenda? Can you go down to a lower dose or do you stay at 3.0? I’m getting close to goal but can’t really afford the full whack anymore.
When I asked this I was told you can gradually reduce down but aim to stay on the lowest dose for a year for maintenance 😊 0.6 for a year seems a bargain compared to the time I’ve spent at 3 🤣

Saxenda in Ireland is cheapest in the Chemist warehouse. They're doing it for €240.

[/QUOTE]

Really?! I really won’t do it as a lifelong thing- I can’t understand if you maintain the eating habit why it wouldn’t just stay off 🤞🏼

Really?! I really won’t do it as a lifelong thing- I can’t understand if you maintain the eating habit why it wouldn’t just stay off 🤞🏼
[/QUOTE]
I think the hunger comes back . . . though I was on a smaller dose over christmas and it worked too so you could get two months out of a 1 ml dose.

How are you getting on?
I’m really interested in trying the oral version in the hope that side-effects are more tolerable. The sulphur burps and vomiting with Saxenda was horrendous so I stopped after 2 weeks.
Hi, sorry I’m currently away on a short holiday so a bit disconnected. Still taking them, I think this is officially week 1 done. I’ve had no side effects at all, maybe a bit of dry mouth which reminds me to drink water. My appetite is suppressed enough that I’ve had breakfast at the hotel then nothing until dinner and I get full easily. I’m not sure if the scales have moved but I haven’t been very intentional about activity or eating better which hopefully I will do when I get back home.

I don’t think I’ve lost anything tbh but I will weigh when I get back on Saturday. I have to remind myself that it is the lowest dose and it’s only been a week so I need to give it time. However I love that my blood sugar doesn’t rise and fall, I never feel like I’m desperate to eat something, I’m always quite satisfied and “level”, even when I realise that I’m hungry/could eat something. I’m hoping this will make intermittent fasting easier when I’m back home.

That said I am tempted to double the dose after week 2 to accelerate things before moving on to 7mg next month. I need to know if it’s going to work for me and deliver proper weight loss and I don’t want to experiment for 6 months to find out…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hi, sorry I’m currently away on a short holiday so a bit disconnected. Still taking them, I think this is officially week 1 done. I’ve had no side effects at all, maybe a bit of dry mouth which reminds me to drink water. My appetite is suppressed enough that I’ve had breakfast at the hotel then nothing until dinner and I get full easily. I’m not sure if the scales have moved but I haven’t been very intentional about activity or eating better which hopefully I will do when I get back home.

I don’t think I’ve lost anything tbh but I will weigh when I get back on Saturday. I have to remind myself that it is the lowest dose and it’s only been a week so I need to give it time. However I love that my blood sugar doesn’t rise and fall, I never feel like I’m desperate to eat something, I’m always quite satisfied and “level”, even when I realise that I’m hungry/could eat something. I’m hoping this will make intermittent fasting easier when I’m back home.

That said I am tempted to double the dose after week 2 to accelerate things before moving on to 7mg next month. I need to know if it’s going to work for me and deliver proper weight loss and I don’t want to experiment for 6 months to find out…
I’m glad you have been able to tolerate it. I’m going to take the plunge and order today. I want to give it a proper go for 3 months and then take it from there.

Enjoy your holiday!

• Heart
What dose are you on. Is it still loading dose. How much weight do you need to loose. I have been a slow loser but now 10 months in am down nearly 50 lbs. Never. Also did you take pictures and measurements. I wish I had done more as I feel I'm very hard on myself now as to me I'm still heavy but way better to where I was.
I’m on 1.2 mg. I stopped for a week due to an illness and then I restarted I couldn’t cope with the side effects (very low mood was the worst) so I lowered the dose. I’ve taken measurements and I keep track of the scales etc. I just don’t think it works for me :(
---
I was the same. On it for 3 months and lost about 8lbs in total. It was working in the sense that I was fuller and not eating as much but I was bloody miserable. I came off it and made the decision of never weighing myself again, because the number on the scale decided my mood for the day. I’m still cutting down on food but I’m going by how my jeans fit me instead (I’ve gone down a size since February).
How have you found this new approach?

• Heart
How have you found this new approach?
It’s a lot better. I don’t know if I’ll stick to it, but I hope so. I’m certainly not worrying about the number on the scales anymore. I have to add because I feel like I’m always doing saxenda down on this thread, that it can be a good tool for weight loss even if it wasn’t for me in the long run. I went on it initially because I was getting intense hunger pangs which made me want to binge eat, and even though I’ve been off it since the middle of February, they haven’t returned and neither have the food cravings and I was only on it for 2-3 months. So I’m just trying to eat sensibly and healthily and listen to my body instead of eating out boredom. However, now it’s been a couple of months, I realise just how tit I felt on it. My mood is ten times better now, the exhaustion has gone and my joints don’t ache all the time. I felt like a 90 year old!

Should probably also add that I’d lost a lot of weight before lockdown which was solely down to dieting but put a stone and a half back on during, which just won’t shift. Hopefully I’ll get there in the end, but I think it will be slower because I’m nearly 50 now, but I hope never to step on the scales again. When I weigh myself, how I feel hinges solely on what the number is. Even if my clothes are looser or my stomach looks flatter or I’ve been eating very little, if the number has gone up or stayed the same, I just feel tit. So I’m not doing it to myself anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm so happy, doctor is going to prescribed ozempic, just having a full blood work up first, but he's happy to go ahead based on bmi and height/weight, so any advice welcome, how long it took, I've 3 stone to shift!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm so happy, doctor is going to prescribed ozempic, just having a full blood work up first, but he's happy to go ahead based on bmi and height/weight, so any advice welcome, how long it took, I've 3 stone to shift!
You are lucky! I spoke to my GP about my weight and mentioned saxenda etc and they told me to eat less food. My Bmi is 36.

You are where I was this time last year!! I was so excited to start. And I'm down 3 1/2 stone now.

Learn how to use the pen. I lost several doses faffing around with it and its so expensive I was very cross with myself.

Believe in the process. Listen to your boday. Prepare for some changes. I cannot tolerate alchol at all these days and my raging coke zero habbit is broken.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've been on the waiting list for saxenda for almost a year and should get my appointment slot next week (missed the call to book it and now then person is off). I'm a bit nervous about it now though. Definitely going to ask about the low mood side effect as I'm on antidepressants and struggle with that. I'm also a bit worried about what people have said about having to take it forever to maintain.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.