Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sanexda pen is arriving today 😬 slightly nervous! Hoping it works 🤞🏼 any tips for the first week or so?

Also it’s obviously very expensive, has anyone found they’ve saved money elsewhere like food shop, takeaways, eating out etc that sort of offsets some of the cost?

Yes I definitely saved a lot by eating so much less. It really balanced out. Having to buy new clothes all the time, not so much but I’ve tried to recoup a lot of that cost by selling the stuff that’s too big now on Vinted.

My main tip for week one would be don’t be disheartened if you don’t feel any of the effects straight away. Some people think they’ll have the first injection and by lunchtime they won’t want to eat. It could take a few days or maybe even a dose increase to start really feeling it. But stick with it 😊

Reactions: 3
Good luck! Don’t fret too much, and don’t be too concerned if you feel rough for the first couple of days - any nausea does die down. I take a good multivitamin and an activia probiotic at the same time as I inject (can’t hurt can it?), and have found ibuprofen for headaches, and antacids for queasiness helpful. Oh, and travel sickness tablets, also for nausea (I only needed them once, but they really worked).

I only lost 0.8lb this week! I’ve been on 1.8 for two weeks, so I’ve gone up to 2.4 this morning. I’m a bit scared now!

oh, and yes, definitely saving on food, and I’m not touching alcohol. My birthday meal was crackers, hummus and sparkling water!

Reactions: 2
Good luck! Don’t fret too much, and don’t be too concerned if you feel rough for the first couple of days - any nausea does die down. I take a good multivitamin and an activia probiotic at the same time as I inject (can’t hurt can it?), and have found ibuprofen for headaches, and antacids for queasiness helpful. Oh, and travel sickness tablets, also for nausea (I only needed them once, but they really worked).

I only lost 0.8lb this week! I’ve been on 1.8 for two weeks, so I’ve gone up to 2.4 this morning. I’m a bit scared now!

oh, and yes, definitely saving on food, and I’m not touching alcohol. My birthday meal was crackers, hummus and sparkling water!
Fab thanks so much for the tips both of you!

How much have you lost so far and how long have you been on it?

Do you all track calories as well or just go off hunger/fullness?

Reactions: 1
Four weeks today for me, and I think I’ve lost 12lb now. I’m not very good at tracking food, but I have been using Noom to keep a rough count of calories (you get a year free with Saxenda, but I think have to put in a US postcode - 90210 works!) I find it easiest for me to do a rough kind of intermittent fasting - I’m happy at the moment with just lunch and dinner. Sometimes a biscuit in the afternoon, sometimes a coffee in the morning, sometimes a scoop of ice cream or strawberries after dinner, but not often. I’m still waiting for the fullness thing, its more like I just ‘go off’ eating halfway through a meal sometimes. I don’t think there’s any ‘one way’ it works for everyone.

I would also like to know how everyone else is doing!?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m 5 stone down since last July with Saxenda. I’ve stalled scales wise for the past month but still lost ‘inches’ (probably not actual inches but my clothes are still getting looser). I’m down to a 12/14 from a 22. I’ve never calorie counted while I’ve been using it, I just eat what I fancy when I’m hungry because I never manage enough for it to have a difference what I’m eating.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m 5 stone down since last July with Saxenda. I’ve stalled scales wise for the past month but still lost ‘inches’ (probably not actual inches but my clothes are still getting looser). I’m down to a 12/14 from a 22. I’ve never calorie counted while I’ve been using it, I just eat what I fancy when I’m hungry because I never manage enough for it to have a difference what I’m eating.
Are you at percentage weight loss that it should achieve or over shot it. I would like another 7lbs down but nothing seems to happen. My middle area is also to be carrying alot of fat still while arms legs etc are v trim. Need tips to break the stall

I’m way over the % they say you need to be losing for it to be effective. I’d like to lose another 1-1.5 stone (1.5 may be pushing it). 1 stone puts me at a healthy bmi for my height. I seemed to go for ages without losing weight from my legs and arms but now that’s where I’m losing weight every week. They seem to be catching up, especially my legs.

I’ve only used it a couple of times so far so can’t really comment but it had good reviews and it’s easy to use so I’m trying to have a go every day and see how I get on

Rybelsus Day 2!
yesterday I took the tablet and had good appetite suppression, no other side effects which was amazing. So I’m not worried now and can just get on with hopefully losing weight. However one big point of realisation was that hunger is only half the challenge for me. I overeat even when I’m not hungry and that’s an emotional/psychological issue that I need to deal with. I ate far too much yesterday, I binged on all sorts (ice lollies and crisps) even though I definitely wasn’t hungry. At some point I forced myself up to do housework and for a walk because otherwise I was going to sit and keep eating. I was painfully full when I got up and that was enough to tell me.

Partly that’s because yesterday was also day 1 of TOTM and I think I craved those things because of that. I’m wondering if I’m also scared to lose the desire for the things I’ve been comforted by my whole life. I did go shopping yesterday and wasn’t at all tempted by any of the things I would usually add to my basket. I think it’s just habit and addiction and patterns that I need to deal with now.

I have been constipated for a while and I’ve been taking dulcolax to deal. My Dr wasn’t concerned, so I just need to eat fibre, drink water and hope it will normalise in time. So if that’s the worst of my side effects on this, that’s a win for me
How are you getting on?
I’m really interested in trying the oral version in the hope that side-effects are more tolerable. The sulphur burps and vomiting with Saxenda was horrendous so I stopped after 2 weeks.

Has anyone got experience of this and exercising?
I exercise frequently, running, gym etc but struggling with overeating. Wonder how it effects energy levels and performance

Where is the cheapest/best to order ozempic pens from and does anyone have any discount codes?

I’m not losing anything on this. Been on it since February and I’ve lost 3 lbs total. I’ve cut down so much I don’t understand it. I write out what I eat too. I can’t exercise due to a health condition which I get is a hindrance but 3 lbs only?! I lost 14 lbs in 2 days when I had gastroenteritis!

What dose are you on. Is it still loading dose. How much weight do you need to loose. I have been a slow loser but now 10 months in am down nearly 50 lbs. Never. Also did you take pictures and measurements. I wish I had done more as I feel I'm very hard on myself now as to me I'm still heavy but way better to where I was.

I’m not losing anything on this. Been on it since February and I’ve lost 3 lbs total. I’ve cut down so much I don’t understand it. I write out what I eat too. I can’t exercise due to a health condition which I get is a hindrance but 3 lbs only?! I lost 14 lbs in 2 days when I had gastroenteritis!
I was the same. On it for 3 months and lost about 8lbs in total. It was working in the sense that I was fuller and not eating as much but I was bloody miserable. I came off it and made the decision of never weighing myself again, because the number on the scale decided my mood for the day. I’m still cutting down on food but I’m going by how my jeans fit me instead (I’ve gone down a size since February).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.