Sarah's Day #21 Red Bull gifted, app ratings drifted, challenge is free except for the fee

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 454328
I’m sorry but who is paying $100+ for this. This looks absolutely vile
I will never get over the time I tried a smoothie she said was “so yummy” and tasted “EXACTLY like cookie dough” it was that day I woke the duck up to what an absolute bullshit artists she is 😂 how anyone supports her after tasting her food I have NO idea

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Does anyone know where/how to report the lack of sponsor declared content she is creating?
Is there a 'social media watchdog' type agency who is enforcing these new guidelines?

I know NZ brought in the same laws last year?, and one influencer in particular was hammered in the media for not complying at first.
Now, 9 out of 10 of her IG posts has Ad or Gifted at the start of each caption.
It shows just how much they are getting for free and in my eyes, they lose all credibility in their posts. They are just so unrelatable.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Far out this really shits me with influencers / companies. Sarah’s is rich. She can clearly afford to buy a new coffee machine but instead gets one for free because she posted on her stories (knowing full well that a company would see and she would get sent one).

The constant grab for free tit is just so irritating at this point (from Sarah and other influencers..)

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 72
Far out this really shits me with influencers / companies. Sarah’s is rich. She can clearly afford to buy a new coffee machine but instead gets one for free because she posted on her stories (knowing full well that a company would see and she would get sent one).

The constant grab for free tit is just so irritating at this point (from Sarah and other influencers..)
there are so many people deserving of a free coffee machine,I’d love a gifted coffee machine but I’m no more deserving then my next door neighbour. I feel as though some of these companies would get so much more good press with random gifting to the everyday person and not just people with large followings. But I guess that’s the perks of advertising your life on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She said in her stories that she "ended up getting" the Sunbeam coffee machine. To me, that wording makes it sound like she went out and purchased one. But NOPE. She just whinges about the broken one for ten years, knowing full well that eventually somebody would send her a free one, and then when she DOES get a free one it's just one she "ends up getting." No "thank you so much Sunbeam you didn't have to do that I am so grateful wowowow." Nope. Nothing like that. No gratitude. No acknowledgement. Just a sheepish "aaw yeah actually they sent me a free one lol sorry" in a comment. So bleeping dodgy.

What even is the point of an influencer? I am not influenced by them, except to stay the duck off social media and go read a book instead.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 97
I will never get over the time I tried a smoothie she said was “so yummy” and tasted “EXACTLY like cookie dough” it was that day I woke the duck up to what an absolute bullshit artists she is 😂 how anyone supports her after tasting her food I have NO idea
omg I am so petty about her saying Topeka tasted like cake batter when it tasted like tit, It has been TWWOOOOO years and I am still not over it, I swear I had boyfriends doing worst things and I forgave them quicker but with Sarah somehow is the ultimate betrayal.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
She has changed her Instagram blurb thing... no longer has holistic princess or whatever it was

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
She has changed her Instagram blurb thing... no longer has holistic princess or whatever it was
I guess this fits the thinking that's she trying to shift from youtuber/instagrammer to "business woman" with sunee/eBooks/podcasts

• Sick
Reactions: 23
This feature only really works if you feel like having "hummus dip" alone for breakfast or frozen acai cubes for dinner
Not even a joke. I decided to try the app (free version) as I am interested in UX. I have tried recipe roulette. It was telling me to make shredded chicken. It also seems a bit buggy 'cos if you spin it multiple times, there is a high chance that you'll get the same recipe at least twice in a row.

Another bug is on the landing page. There are dots (breadcrumbs) to show the number of recipes in the 'New on Sunee' page. It never gets to the last two dots before wrapping back to the start. Another bug is that, on the app, recipes that were previously part of the free edition are now locked. This is true of the oregano chicky schnitty and maple tofu lettuce cups. Plus many other issues. Not sure what Devika is doing to fix these, but I'd be annoyed if I were Sarah.

Edited: and it froze many times and was very laggy to use.

I guess this fits the thinking that's she trying to shift from youtuber/instagrammer to "business woman" with sunee/eBooks/podcasts
And she has removed the mum to Fox part.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Not even a joke. I decided to try the app (free version) as I am interested in UX. I have tried recipe roulette. It was telling me to make shredded chicken. It also seems a bit buggy 'cos if you spin it multiple times, there is a high chance that you'll get the same recipe at least twice in a row.

Another bug is on the landing page. There are dots (breadcrumbs) to show the number of recipes in the 'New on Sunee' page. It never gets to the last two dots before wrapping back to the start. Another bug is that, on the app, recipes that were previously part of the free edition are now locked. This is true of the oregano chicky schnitty and maple tofu lettuce cups. Plus many other issues. Not sure what Devika is doing to fix these, but I'd be annoyed if I were Sarah.

Edited: and it froze many times and was very laggy to use.

And she has removed the mum to Fox part.
You just gave them so many tips 🤯 Honestly, I'm surprised more people aren't asking for refunds. I would feel so ripped off if I'd spent my money on the Sunee app when it's so poorly put together. I can't stand that she knows it's bad (she can't ignore all those bad reviews) but still hasn't addressed it or won't do a damn thing to fix it. It just proves that she thinks "good enough is good enough" & takes money from people anyway.

ADDED: Is it worth adding the comment from Sarah re: non-disclosure of the gifted coffee machine to the Wiki as evidence of this type of behaviour from her? I don't know how to do it myself ☹

ADDED AGAIN: She's still got the 'holistic health princess' tag line on her YT bio. It's do cheesy & cringey!

Reactions: 18
You just gave them so many tips 🤯 Honestly, I'm surprised more people aren't asking for refunds. I would feel so ripped off if I'd spent my money on the Sunee app when it's so poorly put together. I can't stand that she knows it's bad (she can't ignore all those bad reviews) but still hasn't addressed it or won't do a damn thing to fix it. It just proves that she thinks "good enough is good enough" & takes money from people anyway.
Happy to give them tips if it means that they do something about it. I'm not convinced that they will and that makes me sad for all of the people who have bought it especially when they couldn't afford it. The crazy thing is that so many of these issues are with basic functionality. It's like it was made by people who didn't care, were not given an adequate budget, or are inexperienced/ incompetent. Now, time to delete it from my device.

Reactions: 13
"grublife runs in the family"? like if it was something hereditary. Focean is a toddler, he won't clean or shower himself. So basically if you (proudly) live a grublife , your child has no other option.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Sick
OT but I’m creeping on her naturopath and this man posted that you don’t need a diagnosis for PCOS. Pretty much confirms it for me that she NEVER got diagnosed with that but still just spouts on like she has it.

Also he posts farrrrrrr too many anti birth control rants for me to feel comfortable whatsoever with any of his advice. Seems like that worked out great for sez and kirt....

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Maybe she's finally going to declare all the work she has done 🤣

On a serious note it's good she's done this. She's not holistic anymore (if she ever truely was) and the princess part was just childish. The "at home fitness guides and products" suggests she's finally decided which direction she wants to move her channel in, and now she plans to focus more on creating workout content (which always gets more engagement than other posts/vlogs) and shilling more products. Maybe she has an exercise product range in the pipeline since her dabble in food has failed.

I'm also willing to bet she's going to be adding fitness content to the Sunee app, or maybe create a second "companion" fitness app to use along side Sunee.

ETA screenshots for context.

Also, has Kurt always been the Managing Director of Sunee?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.