Sarah's Day #18 Sunee is a flop, food is all slop. I made the app, that's why it's crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched her recent stories with Focks on the swings and drawing with chalks with Kurt. She just seemed like such an outsider with Kurt and Focks, like some distant relative. She is always at the distance filming instead of joining them with whatever they are doing...kind of sad tbh šŸ˜Ÿ

Reactions: 49
Long time lurker, first time poster. Iā€™m 20. I started following Sarah casually maybe 2ish years ago? I thought she was motivating with her workout content, seemed positive etc. I ended up going through her old YouTube videos and watching her vlog at the snow that she made after her breakup and enjoyed it because I was also going through a breakup and admired that she was now doing things herself that she couldnā€™t do before, etc.

I then started to enjoy her content a little more - I considered purchasing her activewear, and even body bloom (clearly didnā€™t know any better!) Over time though I began to lose interest as I found her insta content to be quite repetitive. And then the bushfire donation scandal happened. Her sobbing on her stories about the bank teller being mean reaaaally annoyed me. I live in Melbourne, and I was nowhere near the bushfires thankfully, but there was so much devastation in the community at the time and I remember being outside watching the sky turn grey with smoke and barely being able to breathe while she was whinging on her stories about essentially being called out for sitting on the money for so long and not donating it. Then some news articles came out about her and I was searching for them and found GG.

I ended up unfollowing her but still watching her stories (like a train wreck! Just canā€™t look away) but I wouldnā€™t really say I despised her until the Hawaiian Airlines scandal - her privilege is just disgusting. I just felt embarrassed for her at something that would have been annoying but really not a big deal. And then of course the cultural appropriation scandal and I was even more disgusted at her silencing POC. Ever since then I donā€™t watch her stories or engage with her content, just read here.

Didnā€™t expect this to be so long... anyways. Back to lurking...

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, as I only started watching Sarah in 2018, but did she ever do any collaborations with other YT creators? Australia has a big influencer/YouTube community, and I always found it surprising that sheā€™s never interacted with any one (or left Cronulla lol). I think we saw her talk to Pia & Kane once, but only bc they were at the same Bondi Sands photo shoot....

Anyone who watched Sarah for a long time know if she did collabs or have influencer friends?

Reactions: 12
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, as I only started watching Sarah in 2018, but did she ever do any collaborations with other YT creators? Australia has a big influencer/YouTube community, and I always found it surprising that sheā€™s never interacted with any one (or left Cronulla lol). I think we saw her talk to Pia & Kane once, but only bc they were at the same Bondi Sands photo shoot....

Anyone who watched Sarah for a long time know if she did collabs or have influencer friends?
i was actually thinking the exact same thing earlier today. i guess sheā€™s too invested in this ā€œmum lifeā€ where she canā€™t even be arsed collabing with other australian fitness influencers like Cass Olholm who has a child around foxā€™s age

Reactions: 10

No, Sarah lives in Sarahā€™s world, nothing or no one else exist beyond her walls. The only time I saw her with another influencer was Earthy Andy when they went to Hawaii, but she matches her aesthetic ( she is everything Sarah wants to be ) so she is #SezzyApproved

Reactions: 41
I'm 32. I think I started watching her because the birth video popped up in my recommendations one day. I found her to be really positive and fun when I first started watching, but then I stumbled upon her thread on GG when reading about Rachel Aust, I think? And then I used to listen to The Health Code on my hour-long drives to work and HOO BOY. Neither of them actually know anything about health, do they? Or fitness, for that matter - I hate when people refer to building muscle or losing fat as "toning". UGH.

Anyway. She's a bit of a knob head, hey? Really up her own arse.

PS - I really appreciate the attention to detail in this group, and that you are all able to spot a spelling or grammar error from a mile away.

• Heart
  • Haha

I just did a quick scroll through her past videos sorted by oldest to newest and she hasn't done a single collab with another creator. Not one. The only times she's deigned to share the stage has been with the occasional trainer or, on one occasion, a Victoria's Secret model. She's always existed in her own bubble.

Reactions: 14

No she used to say in videos sometimes (the few times she left her bubble and went to events) that she didn't like them and didn't like meeting new people ect.

Reactions: 18

I remember she went to an Adidas event ages ago with other influencers. She ate tofu the night before so was sick and bloated (she eats it now no problem so I suggest she was nervous and anxious). She hasnā€™t attended an event like it since. I donā€™t think she likes the idea of being shown up by other fitness influencers and likes to exist in her own bubble

• Haha
Reactions: 47
No, Sarah lives in Sarahā€™s world, nothing or no one else exist beyond her walls. The only time I saw her with another influencer was Earthy Andy when they went to Hawaii, but she matches her aesthetic ( she is everything Sarah wants to be ) so she is #SezzyApproved
even with Andy, Sarah tried to avoid her and didnt respond to her comments suggesting they meet up. Sarah actually then bumped into Andy somewhere which I feel forced her hand to schedule a hang out, lol. Obviously didnt want to interrupt any possible chances at a proposal or was too busy sulking about it to enjoy others company. I really think her lack of collaborations are part of her business model somehow (not sure how strategic this can be, but I think it is) but that she is also a true loner and has no idea how to handle herself with others or strangers, or in situations out of her control.

Sarah would have been invited to sooo many influencer events and holidays, and have we seen her go to one??

Eta - I know Trashy reached out to Sarah to collab and ā€œshe didnt replyā€. Which is understandable, iā€™d avoid that trainwreck too

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
First post! Iā€™m 25 and probably started watching Sarah about 4 years ago. I originally liked that she encouraged me to eat healthier, more whole foods etc. and to get outside and exercise. I also bought into the idea that she promoted balance and that you could cure yourself of illness by eating well!

I even bought the Tropeaka protein powder because she shilled it so much! Spoiler alert: itā€™s very grainy and chalky. I am vegan, and have since found MUCH better vegan protein powders to use.

I was overweight my whole life. So in a way she inspired me to be healthier and lose weight. But Iā€™m doing so I developed an ED (I was diagnosed mid-last year). Looking back, I see a lot of my disordered self in her. The eating tiny portions, the over exercising, the obsession with clean food - though I never binged. And there was not even that much to show for it! I even got the point where I stopped losing weight, despite being what should have been a massive calorie deficit.

I think after a while, I realised that she was jumping from one fad diet to the next, and that the way she was eating was not really proven the be the holy grail diet. And that the way she was eating and exercising was actually incredibly detrimental to overall health and well-being.

But I feel like in some ways she taught me that what I was doing was normal, and was the way to be healthy. And it gave fuel to my ED. I worry that other people might end up like me through watching her, and thatā€™s scary.

These days, I find people like Natacha Oceane much more inspiring.

PS shout out to all my fellow ED sufferers. I know how hard it is, and youā€™re so strong for pushing through!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Iā€™m 24,
I only started watching Sarah once she revealed her pregnancy vlog that I accidentally stumbled upon. I loved pregnancy reveal videos so naturally really enjoyed hers, Iā€™m Australian and literally had never heard of her until this vlog (I watched primarily shani, Michael finch, chloe szep etc) so was surprised when I came across her having so many followers and videos and had never seen her stuff until then. It was refreshing to see someone who wasnā€™t just a makeup channel (like the previous mentions were at the time) so I started to watch a lot of her old videos for a change up. I thought she was a bit annoying from the get go but nothing insufferable until after she had fox, from there I had to unfollow because I remember thinking all this girl does is dribble tit! Is there an honest and true word that leaves her mouth? I honestly donā€™t think so. She is so caught up in ā€˜narratingā€™ her own life that I genuinely think she has lost touch with what her life actually is. From there I have followed and unfollowed numerous times (mainly followed again in the scandals because OMG you canā€™t make the tit that she does/says up šŸ˜‚) but hit unfollow before the sunee launch again because I just canā€™t stand another day of her gloating about herself, taking pointless tit that nobody has asked for and Iā€™m sick to death of watching and encouraging the fake life she is trying so hard to pretend that she has. She just may be the nastiest person I have ever come across, she lacks both emotional and intellectual intelligence on so many levels, has no social awareness, doesnā€™t have an empathetic or compassionate bone in her body and she has literally zero morals and personal values. I have truely never seen someone like it and I canā€™t fathom how cruel the real side of her is that we donā€™t get to see..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Iā€™m 25. I started following Sarah on YT before she became massive. She was still studying at uni and lived at home with her parents. But once she found Kurt and they moved in together and she came out with all her secret projects and products I started to question her.

It seemed like constant promo work, constantly marketing tropeaka products, coming out with ā€œlittle secret projectsā€ - I couldnā€™t stand it, I was like oh great now youā€™re really an INFLUENCER. Yuck.

For me when she collabed with White Fox the first time I thought Nup this ainā€™t it sis. I saw through all her messages about wanting people to live healthy and their best lives and could only see her greed and subsequent wealth. She became totally unrelatable.

When I looked her up after a couple of her scandals like when she ā€œcuredā€ her own CIN 3 cervical dysplasia, I came across this and other threads which really brought it all to life. And ever since, Iā€™ve never been able to see Sarah in the same way.

Shes fallen down the rabbit hole of being the ā€œperfectā€ most ā€œaestheticā€ yummy mummy type. From changing her hair constantly, getting lip fillers, vaneers, monthly facials, having every single product and on the planet, having a perfectly beautiful aesthetic home, exploiting her child for views, constantly telling us about more things she plans on releasing (for money grabs) it all just proved to me how out of touch she is with reality.

Reactions: 27
Hold up. Am I missing something? Youā€™re the boss here and the ā€œqueen of work/life balanceā€ but your employee had to organise a celebration lunch? Not you, the boss, to thank your employees for all their hard work deleting comments this week? You suck not just as a person and influencer but as a boss too!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
No, he is not, Sarah. He is just having a good time with his son.
Is it just me or was anyone else concerned about Kurt pulling Fox away like that and telling him to get lost. I would never speak to my child like that, and then for Sarah to upload it to all her followers to see?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I started following her at about 36. She was a bit younger than me obviously but I really liked her content. She seemed down to earth and normal back then. I bought some of her crappy activewear which literally fell apart after a few months and I used some of the workouts from her e-book (which I borrowed from someone, I never actually bought the content). I drink her pink powder tit and it did nothing. And then I fell pregnant and stopped watching her for a while and I could no longer do the crazy sweaty shredder workouts. After a few weeks, I checked back in and to my surprise she had revealed she was pregnant, too. It was actually quite exciting because I figured I could subscribe back to her channel and go through the journey and watch hers. This is where the disconnect began.

Her wanting a completely intervention free birth did not resonate with me, but at the same time, childbirth is extremely personal and I completely respected her decision. I did start questioning her when it appeared that neither she nor her baby were doing so well and yet she was absolutely adamant to stick to the original plan. I suspected it was very much to uphold an image both externally and internally. It didnā€™t sit well.

I found her birth vlog very confronting and I was mildly disgusted by her portrayal of the medical staff that were there to help her. When I had my baby, I had nothing but absolute respect, awe and gratitude for the wonderful doctors and nurses that worked tirelessly to ensure I had a safe delivery of my baby. But her vlog consisted of her bouncing up and down on her fitness ball moaning about how everyone was trying to sabotage her perfect holistic natural birth.

This was the beginning of the end. I do agree that after she had Fox, she became a different person and absolutely intolerable. That on top of all of the scandals, the money grabbing, the Kurt shaming, the constant silencing and deleting (myself included when I questioned how sheā€™d failed to proofread her stupid app in the theee years it took to develop), spelt the end.

in all the years I followed her, it is as though she was emotionally and intellectually stunted. She has not grown as a person. Sheā€™s immature. The bipoc controversy and her response was sickeningly juvenile.

• Heart

I find it so bizarre that she never leaves Cronulla. Imagine living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with countless events (not influencer events šŸ¤¢), festivals, activities, concerts etc on every week and yet never leaving your own neighbourhood? I also find it tragic that people aspire to have her lifestyle when she never does anything! Her life is like Groundhog Day.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.