Sarah's Day #18 Sunee is a flop, food is all slop. I made the app, that's why it's crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She gives it so much hype, they even have a 'podcast room' but they're only in there max 20 mins a day!
I doubt they actually record everyday and probably do a few episodes in one go so why not just do half an hour once a week?
They record multiple episodes late at night when Focean is sleeping, she showed it a few times on her stories. I'm surprised they even kept it up for so long, they were horrible with their first podcast and recorded like one episode every two months. Guess they are tOo bUsY for a long podcast now

Reactions: 19
I’m 24. I never officially followed her on any platform, but my friend introduced me to her a few years ago when she was posting more workout videos because she liked her workouts. I watched a few videos here and there and had a neutral to positive opinion of her. I got back to checking on her more regularly when she was pregnant (I think she was about 20 weeks along when she landed back on my radar) After she gave birth I found her more and more insufferable, annoying, and entitled, maybe just because I was watching her more regularly. I needed to know if other people agreed with me, so I googled “sarah’s day annoying”, found the exposing Sarah’s day YouTube video, landed on GG, and the rest is history. In my opinion she gets worse by the day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
If the champagne is truly five years old and not Sezzy five years, this has likely gone bad years ago anyway 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm low key impressed that wall of humble brag text didn't contain any typo's.

Also, who doesn't love a rolly office chair? We ain't sitting at dining chairs, darl. If you'd ever worked a real job you'd know.
Oh no no there’s a spelling mistake/grammatical error 😂😂 She used “advise” instead of the correct “advice”.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I am 31 and I graduated with a degree in nutrition (wouldn't call myself a Nutritionist as I don't practice in the field). I saw her channel pop up in my recommendations list so I thought I would watch but it became apparent from a few minutes into some vlog that she had no idea when it comes to medical science/nutrition. Her content makes me worry for young adults of today and I will be teaching my children how the content we see in the media can be manipulated, biased or simply wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm 27, I think I found out about her through work friends but I didn't have social media at the time. I subbed to her podcast and listened to a few episodes around the time of her birth story. I have a history of disordered eating (hospitalised in my youth and years of trying to recover post that, probably 12 years of really bad times). So when I did eventually watch her YouTube videos or insta stories I didn't find them weird or off-putting, but behaviourally familiar and visually alluring/triggering (particularly her midsection). It's actually this site and your constant call outs of her behaviour that reminds me of the things I do that are not normal (actually really helpful to me). Your call outs of her body checking was such a light bulb for me, now I catch myself doing it all the time and I'm trying to reduce that.
I probably looked up her content a lot more during pregnancy. She has a story highlight of her body during her pregnancy with Fox. To help ease my anxiety about weight gain I would compare my pregnant body with hers. I gained the recommended amount of weight as per my midwife and ate healthily but in retrospect I can see similar food patterns (gf, paleo and guilt for eating treat foods). Now with a daughter I'm trying really hard to break my old cycles. Questioning Sarah helps me question myself.
I also move in similar circles as her in regards to her nutrition/ naturopathic beliefs so again your questioning helps me solidify reality vs propaganda. Ah I often feel like a naive kid and you guys help turn on the lights for me...

• Heart
Reactions: 56
So your team has been working hard organising everything for you and you can’t even organise the celebration of the release - your employee does it for you? Where is the appreciation? Different if she’d ask Tanika to plan something but her own words show that Tanika just used her own initiative to treat your team!
View attachment 385586
Not sure about that. If her latest vlog (filmed on Friday) is what she eats in a day and it’s sponsored by the platter company (which they conveniently had during this celebration) then it was all very much planned.

Reactions: 20
i’m only turning 16 in a few days. ive been battling anorexia since i was 12. ive been in hospital 4 times and in a psych ward twice. ive known who sarah was since about 2018, but only began to watch her videos in may of 2020. i instantly became obsessed. i was in hospital at the time, and i literally just wanted to be EXACTLY like her. i prepped all my meals to look like hers and even brought some tropeaka lean protein powder as soon as i was discharged (was hospitalised for 6 weeks) anyways, i relapsed to the worst i ever have and ended up back in hospital for 9 in july. i got bored of her lifestyle, as i believe this was the time she began to change. or this was around the time i noticed she was changing... i came across this forum only about a week ago, and WOAH am i blown away. you all have opened my eyes up SO much to everything. i still cant comprehend that i wanted to literally live her life, as i thought she was perfect
Hope you’re doing better now. Eating disorders are rough, wishing you a well recovery 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm 25 and discovered her via an article when she announced she was dropping out of uni. I never liked her, I felt like her and Kurt were quite childish and immature. I tuned back in during her pregnancy and Fox's birth but then found GG which put into words all the unease I felt about her.

Reactions: 13
I'm 36 and started following her when she was with Mitch - she came up in my recommended feed and, like everyone else, I thought she was a harmless, bubbly personality who was setting an example for health and discipline. From day one, it was glaringly obvious that she was super restrictive, but I just took what I needed at the time, eg. grocery and meal prep ideas, suggestions for swaps when eating out etc. Part of the draw was watching someone who lived so close by, and even though our lifestyles were/are totally different, her being a local made her seem more relatable than other 'influencers'.

My red flags were the same as everyone else's - fake CIN3 diagnosis, forcing Kurt to propose, the whole pregnancy and birth debacle with Fox, her hypocritical bullying - but when all of that began to grate on me, I looked back at earlier videos and lost count of how many "Project Comebacks" she did, and for the most arbitrary reasons; the number of thumbnails that focused intensely on her abs; how often she'd switch diets or take things away from the one she was currently on in order to get faster results. It all echoed my past eating disorder, her behaviour as well as mine - how it starts with the belief that you're being healthy and taking better care of your body, but it can and does spin out of control before you know it (and are willing to admit it).

When she did her bushfire appeal and then sat on the money forever, I left a comment asking for an update. I was immediately blocked. That did it. That told me that not only did she have something to hide, she'd grown incredibly comfortable with muzzling anyone who putrefied her perfect-princess-lollipops-and-rainbows feed with such supposed filth as seeking accountability. It's not just that I couldn't in good conscience continue to follow/support her, people needed to see the truth about her.

I was already on GG to read what people were saying about YouTubers like Shaaanxo and iisuperwomanii, so I searched to see if there were any threads for Sarah...which set me on the path that brought me here :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Since everyone is sharing their stories about how they found Sarah, here’s mine.

I was 14. I struggled with body dysphoria all my life, my weight yo-yo’d for as long as I could remember. I was born underweight and to make up for it I was force-fed all throughout childhood, leading me to becoming nearly obese by the time I started school.

At the age 12, I had enough. I was already skipping meals, eating cereals and apple for dinner (my mum wasn’t around all the time, so restricting was easier). I began looking up crazy stuff online on how to loose weight, speed up your metabolism etc. I did things like eating 5 small meals a day, 1000 calorie workouts, lived off salads etc.

Then I found Sarah at around 2016. I liked because of how much I related to her, at the time she had a sense of sadness to her content due to her breakup with Mitch, that made me feel a little less lonely. She was like friend I desperately needed, like an older sister I looked up to, and watching her seemingly get better and happier gave me hope that one day the same would happen to me.

At the time I didn’t even realise how problematic she was. Her constant body checking led me to do the same, I have a mirror in my room that in front of which I would lift up my shirt to check for abs and rib cage, my butt, at least three times a day.

What kind of broke the straw for me was her unawareness of how privileged she is. I remember watching one video of her struggles with acne ( I had terrible at that point), and thinking about how melodramatic she was. After her launch with her first ebook that led to her loosing her period, I was like damn this girl has no resilience.

It was pregnancy announcement that led me to unsubscribe. Because I knew her content would now be filled with family/baby stuff, and that’s not what I’m here for. And I was right.

One day I randomly searched up ‘Sarah’s Day Exposed’ and ended up in GG. I have always been kind of confused in terms of coming to conclusion for her. I would switch back and forth between tattle and her content and it was the S&S incident that truly broke it for me.

Sorry for the long post, but I’m officially done with Sarah.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I’ll add my bit here too. I’m 36. I think I came across Sarah in 2016 after having my second kid, and being an ex fitness fanatic I thought I had stumbled upon absolute YouTube gold. She even has blue dinosaur bars like omg SO DID I.

I had been buying Happy Way (thanks Ashy 🤪) and gave Tropeaka a go. It was so disgusting 😂 because I’m in New Zealand, I bulk bought too. Waste of money!

after having my THIRD child I started finding Instagram and influencers problematic, I was probably a bit too invested in following their lives. Unfollowed a bunch including Sarah. Came across GG while reading about Ashy Bines, and the rest is history.

I am blocked from Sarah’s day now because I asked if she would issue an apology to sabi and soul. Meh 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’m just waiting for the complete breakdown now. She is just not who she used to be. Sparkling Sarah has been replaced by this manic weirdo.

Reactions: 19
Firstly, you are meant to marinate the chicken in a sauce for a few hours or overnight and then cook it so it is delicious and tender and the sauce it evenly coated. This chicken looks so unbelievably dry and then you have to dip it in a thick sauce to make it taste nice. Also, this whole post about sharing platters and finger foods when having people over! Did she forget we are in the middle of a global pandemic and that is not the kind of food you should be having if you are lucky enough to be able to have people over?
I also am not convinced that she personally eats these dishes. We’ve never seen these things before on her channel/IG/Stories....
So how does she expect her audience to hop on board?

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
“So content” yet not a smile in sight. Why does she look so discontented in this photo???
Also notice she mentioned the wedding after we commented that she hasn’t mentioned the wedding in a while.

I’m cringing at her trying to keep use the ‘love that for me’ and ‘love that for us’ hashtags. I only ever hear teenagers saying that so it comes across as so desperate to be cool

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Feel like I should share my story. Please bear with me as I’ve never really posted on here.

I started watching Sarah in her Mitch days when I was 14/15. I really enjoyed her approach to health and exercise as I was getting into nutrition myself around that time and was trying to lose weight. I remember her stashing protein bars into her glove compartment of her car. I never bought anything she advertised as I live in the UK and I’ve really been impressionable in regards to influencers.

I’m now 22 and I am about to graduate university with a BSc in Dietetics so I can no longer deal with her insufferable BS when it comes to ‘health and nutrition’. She is the complete opposite of health as her diet is so restricted. I worry about what her young audience think of what she advocates because I know that when I was 15 and getting into dietetics, I thought that everything I ate had to be ‘clean’ something that Sarah seems to advocate, which resulted in me developing a severe eating disorder (which I’m now thankfully recovered from).

I have had to unsubscribe and unfollow because she is too far gone now imo, this launch of sunee just confirms how deluded and distorted her view of health is.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I'm 37 and started watching Sarah wren she had about 30K subscribers on YouTube. She was living at home with parents and going to uni plus teaching gymnastics.

At first I really liked her. Sweet, humble on the surface, and always positive.

Over the years I've seen a huge change.
A few things that always stick in my mind;

- refusing to eat even a few spoonfuls of custard after her teeth surgery. She would only eat banana!

- constantly pushing the narrative that GF/DF/RSF is the "healthy" option and those things are bad.

- watching her force that eating disorder onto her son. He has no voice. It's abuse.

- never disclosing sponsorships or gifted items

- treating Kurt like a piece of dirt

I still watch her videos and follow on IG. But I am not fooled.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm 54. I have my own health & fitness channel and used to love Sarah's videos, and admire her from an editing/aesthetic point of view. Recently I noticed Fox's delayed speech development and wondered if anyone else noticed or thought it was concerning. So I did a bit of Googling and found this site. I'd already thought she was becoming a bit up herself and annoying, but I had no idea she was so problematic. These threads really opened my eyes. Finding out that she deletes and blocks comments she doesn't like was really the clincher for me - what an absolutely crappy way to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh my god, I have never noticed how much she edits her eyes until now!!! I had a little scroll back on her IG and it's so obvious. I am normally really good at spotting bad photoshops but I totally missed this, no way I can unsee it.

I totally understand occasionally retouching photos, and even brightening up eyes if the lighting isn't great, but why on earth would you want the whites of your eyes to be so bright??? What a weird thing for her to want to fix.

Just look at the difference between her and Kurt's. What the heck!?
I’m so glad I am not her. To be insecure over something like that seems sad. The biggest issue with photoshop is that now, if she or a friend/family member upload an untouched photo it'll look so odd.

Reactions: 10
I just watched her new stories and it's so disrespectful of her to film when other people (especially children!) are in the frame. That poor mum is rushing to get her kid out of there, sis doesn't understand that other people would like some privacy and she's not the queen of the playground!

Imagine having a beautiful day at the park with your child, you're playing with the swing and then... "FOOXXXYYYYYY", a tiny hooman with brittle hair is approaching, pointing the camera in your direction. I can only wonder what the local mums think about her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.