Sarah's Day #14 Critic banning, stan scamming, wedding planning & fake tanning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A little off topic but there seems to be a woman with the last name Sunee who already creates cook books. Can someone with an instagram reach out and at least warn her that her brand is about to be overtaken? Her handle is kimsunee and her website is kimsunee.com. I wonder if she has any legal rights to the name since it is in fact her name and she will be in the same space as Sarah.

Also leave it to Sez to take a traditional Thai name, make it pink, and claim it as her own. I’m more and more disgusted with her everyday.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
I am here for Kendal’s ‘experience’ 🍿 I wonder if Sarah or Kurt or someone on the payroll told her she was a bit too obsessed with Sarah? Or maybe one of them said something offensive or mean to her. She seemed very desperate for their attention tagging them in every single post, dressing head to toe in Sarah’s white fox shite. Glad the girl finally came to the realisation though. I don’t want to be nasty, she just seems young, naive and very impressionable. She seems totally harmless. Maybe she caught onto the fact there always seems to be a scandal.

Reactions: 32
I guess there is a few reasons for this.

The most pressing being; whilst I am utterly disappointed, and down right devastated Millie has allegedly teamed up with Sarah, there is no harmful content that she has posted herself. Millies Instagram is still *currently* dedicated to recipes and evidence based graphics for the most part. Whereas quack head ‘nutritionist’ has an Instagram dedicated to pseudoscience and damaging information such as anti-vax and ‘leaky gut’ cures. So whilst we didn’t know the other nutritionist (don’t remember her name lol) was working for Sarah at the time, at least we could comment on how damaging her information was.

All that has been said so far about DietitianEditition working for Sunee is pure speculation – I mean Sarah isn’t known for her truth telling either, she could be making the whole thing up.

As I said earlier, if Millie is in fact working for Sarah, I’m so disappointed beyond measure. It’s honestly a stab to the whole industry who works tirelessly to rectify the damage of social media influencers. I have no sympathy if things go wrong, and frankly this is a massive indicator of her character; I mean hey she called out Sarah and Caleb (The Tropeaka Founder) for their tropeaka podcast saying it’s absolutely dangerous misinformation — and now she works for them through a sponsorship, so do what you will what that information lol $$$. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just felt it was a little unorthodox to name names without confirmation.

That is just my reasoning for not wanting to share but it’s out now so yolo.

And hey, if she finds tropeaka a good protein powder then maybe she genuinely finds Sarah’s fun free meals delicious 🤢😂.
I was trying to remember why it annoyed me so much that she was writing for tropeaka, it’s because she called them out earlier! How can you go from calling out someone for misinformation and then start working for them. No wonder people are confused about health advice and who to listen to. Even if she isn’t working for Sarah, it’s a dick move and I’ve unfollowed

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m a little late to the bandwagon but I remember when I discovered GG I was so relieved but also a little upset. I really enjoyed watching her. But I had started to feel really guilty about the way I ate and seriously considered going gluten free, dairy free, everything free like Sarah. And also wanting to buy every product she ever came out with however I was only 16 and was earning like $50 a week (lucky I didn’t waste it on her crappy products). I was completely obsessed with her and I can see why she has so many “stans” because they’re all 15-18 year old girls who are taking in every single word she says. But when I fell pregnant with my little boy my eyes really started to open up. Part of me still wishes she wasn’t such a tit person. But I’m so glad I realised it sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 28
I saw scuz in Kmart Sylvania a few weeks ago with Fox. I was in an aisle and she needed to pass and said excuse me and when I turned around all I could see was her enormous and shiny forehead and lips. I passed her agin and man, her forehead is crazy irl

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Ironic that she’s reposts a picture about not comparing yourself to others on social media and here she is photoshopping herself and making girls feel like crap about themselves ... you’re part of the problem Sarah

Reactions: 57
Did she not just get her hair redone before her sisters bachy party last month? with her huge new lips?

Reactions: 28
Kendal posted this too following her story on why she unfollowed Sarah. Looks like she came to her senses! I’m sure she’s living a much happier life away from the toxicity Sarah spreads
You know sez is on a downward spiral when one of her biggest stans unfollows, here for tea tbh

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 35
This is seems like it’s going to limit her buyers right. Not everyone wants to eat gluten AND dairy free right. Or is that just me? My husband is a coeliac, so we cook GF when he is home, but we make up for it with cheese 😂
What's the point of having a filter on the app to filter recipes by gluten free or dairy free if EVERY recipe is gf and df??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
A little off topic but there seems to be a woman with the last name Sunee who already creates cook books. Can someone with an instagram reach out and at least warn her that her brand is about to be overtaken? Her handle is kimsunee and her website is kimsunee.com. I wonder if she has any legal rights to the name since it is in fact her name and she will be in the same space as Sarah.

Also leave it to Sez to take a traditional Thai name, make it pink, and claim it as her own. I’m more and more disgusted with her everyday.
This is interesting to bring up. I wonder if this girl has any trademark on her name. Not sure how it works in other countries, but in the US, if you have any use of a word that’s trademarked, whether part of a name/sentence or just the word, and are using it to make money, you have to change it. Unfortunately, I know this from experience. I used to have a blog and IG handle that was 3 words, and one of the words was trademarked. A lawyer reached out to me and I had 7 days to change it.

Reactions: 7
so basically i follow a fitness influencer who’s in the works of releasing an app for workouts, meals etc. She own several gyms etc and I truuuuly trust her guides! Anyway she’s been posting about how her app will be delayed due to apple having higher “standards“ than android... she posted this screenshot from apple on her story and I just imediately thought of Sarah and her app.... I just wanna know what kind of sources Sarah has for her bs cooking.

also it could be different because Sarah’s app is ONLY food but idk

also also. The girl who posted this said she’s been working on this app for a year due to it taking so much more time that she thought. So do we know how long Sunee’s been in the works?..

View attachment 339631
I BET this is why there is no calorie or nutritional info in the book, because she can get it onto the app store easier

I guess there is a few reasons for this.

The most pressing being; whilst I am utterly disappointed, and down right devastated Millie has allegedly teamed up with Sarah, there is no harmful content that she has posted herself. Millies Instagram is still *currently* dedicated to recipes and evidence based graphics for the most part. Whereas quack head ‘nutritionist’ has an Instagram dedicated to pseudoscience and damaging information such as anti-vax and ‘leaky gut’ cures. So whilst we didn’t know the other nutritionist (don’t remember her name lol) was working for Sarah at the time, at least we could comment on how damaging her information was.

All that has been said so far about DietitianEditition working for Sunee is pure speculation – I mean Sarah isn’t known for her truth telling either, she could be making the whole thing up.

As I said earlier, if Millie is in fact working for Sarah, I’m so disappointed beyond measure. It’s honestly a stab to the whole industry who works tirelessly to rectify the damage of social media influencers. I have no sympathy if things go wrong, and frankly this is a massive indicator of her character; I mean hey she called out Sarah and Caleb (The Tropeaka Founder) for their tropeaka podcast saying it’s absolutely dangerous misinformation — and now she works for them through a sponsorship, so do what you will what that information lol $$$. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just felt it was a little unorthodox to name names without confirmation.

That is just my reasoning for not wanting to share but it’s out now so yolo.

And hey, if she finds tropeaka a good protein powder then maybe she genuinely finds Sarah’s fun free meals delicious 🤢😂.
Maybe she feels like working with someone who she believes is doing damage would be a good thing? If she can correct and educate the person whom she distrusts, then all the better for the consumers

Reactions: 11
I'm glad Kendall's coming into her own and has left the toxic cult of scuzz. It will be interesting to see what she has to say.
If scuzz and durt have been rude to her in some way, I hope she'll be brave enough to openly state that. It's difficult to speak honestly online, especially if you're speaking against your former idol (whom you may still feel loyalty towards), and especially if that idol regularly weaponizes their followers.
I feel like Kendall will say she didn't feel like she was being authentic to herself, so it was time to leave the shadow of scuzz and grow her own wings. I suspect, though, that something happened to make the penny drop that scuzz is a rotten person. :unsure:

Reactions: 38
Just going back to the topic of whether she has infringed on Mattel’s trademark and copyright regarding the use and likeness of Barbie, I have contacted Barbie and Mattel via Instagram and included screen shots as well as details about Sarah and White Fox Boutique. Maybe nothing will come of it.
Maybe something will. If White Fox had any sense and legal team, they would have cleared this with Mattel and sought an exemption prior to the shoot - maybe they did. Particularly given one of the pieces is called “Skipper”. But if they didn’t....then good luck Sarah....Mattel don’t like their trademark being infringed and are known to be quite litigious in protecting their brand...

• Heart
Reactions: 47
This is interesting to bring up. I wonder if this girl has any trademark on her name. Not sure how it works in other countries, but in the US, if you have any use of a word that’s trademarked, whether part of a name/sentence or just the word, and are using it to make money, you have to change it. Unfortunately, I know this from experience. I used to have a blog and IG handle that was 3 words, and one of the words was trademarked. A lawyer reached out to me and I had 7 days to change it.
In Aus, the name and the product need to be associated. There's a few things that need to be established, but the main one is whether their target audiences are similar; they don't need to have identical audiences. Obviously if the name is trade marked or registered, you can't use it.

For example, if Kim Sunee was instead a DIY creator who made a book about painting, that's very different. But since Kim Sunee already has a cookbook out, and has an audience that is interested in her food and nutrition advice then the audience is similar.

You also need to consider reach. If Kim has a cookbook out but it has terrible sales, and she only has a few hundred followers then it'll be hard for Kim to argue that Sarah is infringing copyright laws. The other aspect is whether Sarah even knows about Kim, which is probable given their similar audiences (although not necessarily)

I'm not a lawyer so please anyone correct me if you know otherwise, but you don't need to have a trademark in place as long as you can establish similar audiences and/or it's probably the accused could have come into contact with your product and ripped it off.

Just going back to the topic of whether she has infringed on Mattel’s trademark and copyright regarding the use and likeness of Barbie, I have contacted Barbie and Mattel via Instagram and included screen shots as well as details about Sarah and White Fox Boutique. Maybe nothing will come of it.
Maybe something will. If White Fox had any sense and legal team, they would have cleared this with Mattel and sought an exemption prior to the shoot - maybe they did. Particularly given one of the pieces is called “Skipper”. But if they didn’t....then good luck Sarah....Mattel don’t like their trademark being infringed and are known to be quite litigious in protecting their brand...
Slightly off topic, but that reminds me that a local bar wanted to do a Harry Potter trivia night, and were sent a cease and desist letter hahaha. A bloody local bar! They changed it to "Magic and Wizards" or something like that

Reactions: 11
I am here for Kendal’s ‘experience’ 🍿 I wonder if Sarah or Kurt or someone on the payroll told her she was a bit too obsessed with Sarah? Or maybe one of them said something offensive or mean to her. She seemed very desperate for their attention tagging them in every single post, dressing head to toe in Sarah’s white fox shite. Glad the girl finally came to the realisation though. I don’t want to be nasty, she just seems young, naive and very impressionable. She seems totally harmless. Maybe she caught onto the fact there always seems to be a scandal.
i want it to be a lot more profound —— that her “wake up call” and change of heart was due to realising copying someone so inauthentic and fake was detrimental to her mental and physical health. Who wants to welcome Kendal here with open arms (well first we will see what she has to say before we make her poster child for the Wake Up To Sezzy’s Bullshit Club)

Reactions: 23
I feel like Kendal's reason will be self-blame and something to do with her own comparisons / issues. Unfortunately I have a feeling she is too sweet to call out Queen Scuz and it will probably be full of compliments and her own self depreciation. Only saying this as she still follows Kurt and the Healthcode podcast, all very close extensions of Sarah. If she was really hurt or done with Sarah, you think she will unfollow anything related.

We will see. Popcorn on hand in case it is needed, I am just ready to be disappointed though

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.