Sarah's Day #13 Small business defamed, lips inflamed & won't take any blame

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Try Elle Herself !! On insta and YT, she is a kiwi vlogger and IGer who is sooo much more authentic and shares similar life and fitness stuff to old school sez except Elle is keto!! her and her hubby are so wholesome and she is transparent about her life eg.. open about her breast augmentation etc. I love looking at her food and also workout inspo [she also has a healthy figure and id assume lifestyle haha]
So what’s her qualifications? Can we stop supporting people who encourage ridiculous diets. It’s the same as Sarah and Pete Evans paleo crap

Reactions: 16
2D7E5262-13C7-429C-9ECE-FE358C3E179D.jpeg

😂 I know it’s a typo but it could also be interpreted as a Freudian slip. Trying to lure in more buyers to do your crappy workout challenge that you 100% won’t stick to Sarah?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
I mentioned this. Due to a lot of issues I've never been physically diagnosed with coeliac but my Mum is and I get a lot from her and have all the same symptoms. When I'm in a more stable place in my life (only been saying that 4 years now) I will get tested but it means I have to eat gluten for 6 months which is agony for me. I do get a lot of tit for not being a 'real coeliac' though and I don't think people like Sarah help that... Although I do feel a bit like her as I'm undiagnosed.

Anyways, my Mum can't eat oats. There are gluten free oats (at least here) but I can sometimes react to them so I try avoid (never eat them anyway) but we definitely can't eat normal oats. I'm not sure in Aus but here oats are always bolded as an allergen and anything that says GF specifies that they are gluten free oats and if not, it's not gluten free. I don't think she can advertise something as suitable for Gluten free eaters (intolerance, choice or coeliac) if it has oats in, definitely not morally but that probably won't be an issue ha.

Sorry I replied before I saw your post. This is insane. So they're not gluten free they're just 'made' in a seperate factory/area? That's appalling honestly, I don't think you would get away with that here.
Hey girl, gastroenterologist here. Who told you that you need to eat gluten for six months?! This is simply not true. There is 3 tests that need to be done to diagnose someone with celiac disease. The first is a blood test to see if you simply carry the gene. You can’t cut out gluten from your diet before having the blood test, but certainly not for six months. If the blood test comes back positive we then need to do more invasive tests, because simply carrying the gene actually doesn’t mean you are celiac. You could for example have a nightshade allergy (presents as similar to celiac) or gluten allergy or intolerance. I would recommend doing the elimination diet in consultation with a dietician (not nutritionist) to get more conclusive results. Hope that helps ☺

Reactions: 17
My son is coeliac. He had a blood test and that was all it took, he was 2 at the time. Initially he cut out dairy and oats and obviously gluten. He's now fine with dairy and can tolerate gluten free oats but doesn't eat them often. We did all that alongside a dietician. Loads of coeliac's can't tolerate oats, which is why they recommend cutting them.

Sarah says the last time she accidentally ate gluten her mum had to take her to hospital.....yet she’s fine with oats.

Self diagnosed, never a good thing.

Reactions: 11
Sorry but why so many of you write "coeliac"? English is not my native language but I'm pretty sure it's "celiac". Just saying.

Reactions: 2
Sorry but why so many of you write "coeliac"? English is not my native language but I'm pretty sure it's "celiac". Just saying.
It depends on the country. US spelling is celiac but in other countries it’s coeliac

Reactions: 28
Coeliac is how it’s spelt in the UK and Ireland, which is why I spelt it that way :rolleyes:.

Reactions: 32
Why does she insist on calling these cookies peanut butter “protein” cookies and “protein” chocolate chip muffins - why can’t they just be peanut butter cookies or chocolate chip muffins

Reactions: 25
Hey girl, gastroenterologist here. Who told you that you need to eat gluten for six months?! This is simply not true. There is 3 tests that need to be done to diagnose someone with celiac disease. The first is a blood test to see if you simply carry the gene. You can’t cut out gluten from your diet before having the blood test, but certainly not for six months. If the blood test comes back positive we then need to do more invasive tests, because simply carrying the gene actually doesn’t mean you are celiac. You could for example have a nightshade allergy (presents as similar to celiac) or gluten allergy or intolerance. I would recommend doing the elimination diet in consultation with a dietician (not nutritionist) to get more conclusive results. Hope that helps ☺
Hey, thanks! Well to cut a long story short my blood tests came back negative, but for a number of reasons including the fact my mums came back negative first I decided to try and cut gluten out to see if it helped. It made such a big difference 4 years ago that I've never really looked back... I was told thta if I ever wanted to be officially tested I'd need to eat gluren again for 6 months to see in results? That's a good idea though, I do kepe meaning to do elimination but it never seems a good time haha! Thank you 😊

Reactions: 3
Why does she insist on calling these cookies peanut butter “protein” cookies and “protein” chocolate chip muffins - why can’t they just be peanut butter cookies or chocolate chip muffins
Right?? And healthy before a modified version of everything that she perceives as ‘naughty’. That’s always annoyed me.

Reactions: 23
That "small human" arm tho.
It is perfectly fine. It's just her head that is not ok.
The huge problem with this is, there is NOTHING wrong with the way she actually looks. But she shares all these weird distorted and edited images of herself that 1 - gives a false sense of what she looks like which is a problem when she is selling workouts and health things and 2 - tells people that if they do look normal or different than her that she would be embarrassed. She preaches “inclusivity and body positivity” but it is SO far from what her actions actually are.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The huge problem with this is, there is NOTHING wrong with the way she actually looks. But she shares all these weird distorted and edited images of herself that 1 - gives a false sense of what she looks like which is a problem when she is selling workouts and health things and 2 - tells people that if they do look normal or different than her that she would be embarrassed. She preaches “inclusivity and body positivity” but it is SO far from what her actions actually are.
Right?! In her posts and insta stories where she heavily controls angles and filters, she looks way different (slimmer) than in her YT videos. It's wild, she's so fucked up.

Reactions: 19
OT but I was just thinking about this because I’ve been doing some sweaty workouts in the gym and a few times didn’t shower and wash my face straight after (I did some cleaning or ate something, then showered) and I suspect that caused me to break out. So how on earth does Sarah get really sweaty and not shower all day and not break out??? I thought she had like sensitive acne prone skin or at least used to suffer from acne. I honestly think she has been blessed with good skin, had a break out once, took photos and is now profiting saying she can cure acne. It’s soooo deceitful.

Reactions: 20
OT but I was just thinking about this because I’ve been doing some sweaty workouts in the gym and a few times didn’t shower and wash my face straight after (I did some cleaning or ate something, then showered) and I suspect that caused me to break out. So how on earth does Sarah get really sweaty and not shower all day and not break out??? I thought she had like sensitive acne prone skin or at least used to suffer from acne. I honestly think she has been blessed with good skin, had a break out once, took photos and is now profiting saying she can cure acne. It’s soooo deceitful.
I completely agree! I had very bad cystic acne and I found Sarah through her videos on how she cured her acne 🙄 Basically for me nothing worked until Accutane which has completely changed my life for the better. But I do think Sarah had some simple break outs then thought she had terrible chronic acne. Even after Accutane now I could never sit around without washing my face after working out I would break out terribly. I know everyone’s skin is different but idk her has never really seemed acne prone or really problematic.

Reactions: 13
So she’s been working on the cooking project for “2 years” and has only now been able to “nail” the texture of a muffin?

even though it still doesn’t look great, not that fluffy of spongy like she says 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 41
They will have tropekia products in them, which people have predictedin the past! It's a way of selling products on the 'cooking project'

Reactions: 14
Hey, thanks! Well to cut a long story short my blood tests came back negative, but for a number of reasons including the fact my mums came back negative first I decided to try and cut gluten out to see if it helped. It made such a big difference 4 years ago that I've never really looked back... I was told thta if I ever wanted to be officially tested I'd need to eat gluren again for 6 months to see in results? That's a good idea though, I do kepe meaning to do elimination but it never seems a good time haha! Thank you 😊
Sorry this is off-topic but it's six weeks, not six months! You need to eat the equivalent of two slices of gluten bread per day for six weeks before you get the blood test, and then keep eating gluten until your biopsy. I've read some people wait ages for the biopsy if they go through the public system so that could mean eating gluten for longer, but I paid $200 out of pocket for mine and had no wait.

Reactions: 5
Sorry this is off-topic but it's six weeks, not six months! You need to eat the equivalent of two slices of gluten bread per day for six weeks before you get the blood test, and then keep eating gluten until your biopsy. I've read some people wait ages for the biopsy if they go through the public system so that could mean eating gluten for longer, but I paid $200 out of pocket for mine and had no wait.
Ahhh I must have misheard! Or misremembered! Yeah I do need to get tested and really being in lockdown would have been ideal haha, but I need to be in a more stable living arrangement before I can try, it makes me a bit of a hypocrite for slating Sez but it makes me feel so much better gut wise so I'll keep off till I can get some sort of test. Thank you!!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.