Sarah's Day #13 Small business defamed, lips inflamed & won't take any blame

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here is a recap of Sarah's actions/behaviors (the bold is the most recent controversy):
  1. Promotes and encourages disordered eating habits; shames family, friends and fans who do not eat according to her self-proclaimed 'healthy' plan.
  2. Restricted her diet and over-exercised during her pregnancy, risking her baby's health and shaming other mothers who didn't do the same. Evidenced by multiple posts of mothers who admitted she made them feel like failures.
  3. Imposes a restricted diet on her child without having been to a doctor for testing. She just assumes he's lactose and gluten intolerant.
  4. Plagiarizes designs from other brands, including Cotton On, Lilybod, Slinkii, The Beauty Chef, P.E. Nation.
  5. Held a fundraiser for the Aus bushfires, without donating her own money. Proceeded to hold on to her followers' donations for weeks, and deleted any questions asking where the money was going. Only donated the money when reported to scamwatch, and even then deducted 40k without explanation. Proceeded to cry and play victim because she was asked to transfer the money where it was rightfully due instead of trying to profit off the interest of it sitting in her account as she was attempting to.
  6. In relation to this fundraiser, she insulted the bank and had a hissy fit inside the bank where a local woman witnessed and wrote on her Instagram about how childish she was behaving at the bank kicking and screaming.
  7. Every post on her page, dating back to when she lived with her parents, is an advert (Gaming app, ShaSha food co., Esmii Skin care, Blue Dinosaur, etc.). None of her ads are disclosed. This is terribly misleading to her followers who think she sincerely uses this stuff because she is real and raw.
  8. Has 3 incidents of homophobic behavior (when Kurt freaked out about wearing a skirt in her vlog, when they posted the scrabble board and when Kurt tells a full story about Fox grabbing his penis and goes on to call himself violated and then asks if this makes Fox gay).
  9. Posted a Bible verse suggesting she would be spared from covid because of her faith. Great message to send out during a global pandemic.
  10. Lied about having PCOS diagnosis- she never went to a gyno for it, nor did she ever get a scan or blood tests.
  11. Lied about healing her CIN3 through her natural cures, but actively promoted a 'program' for others in her position to follow.
  12. Outed Hawaiian Airlines for a delayed flight, and sent her minions to attack them all over their social media. Continued to moan and complain until she received a Virgin Airlines treat in exchange for positive publicity. Also outed the window fitter who had no chance to defend himself.
  13. Claims her skin is smooth because she cured her PCOS and takes body bloom, when in reality she is getting botox and fillers.
  14. Shares inappropriate images of her son (bath photos, peeing on head photo, etc.) even when we have sent her information about how these pictures can be embedded onto more nefarious sites.
  15. Refused to self-isolate at the beginning of covid and flouted the rules daily, going for walks, the gym, coffee runs, hair salon, and picking up a surfboard for Fox.
  16. Traveled from a hotspot during a surge in covid cases, and then proceeded to complain the entire time because she had to tolerate Kurt's "boring" family. Not for one second acknowledging that everyone in the world does not have the ability to see their loved ones for fear or infecting them.
  17. Went to get a facial when she admittedly was feeling congested and had a sore throat during the pandemic.
  18. Appropriated from BIPOC three times (Gypsy sunglasses, coloured braids, didgeridoo incidents). Then instead of learning and growing from the experience, silenced, deleted and blocked people from these groups, thus whitewashing the entire discussion by not letting their voices be heard. Then proceeded to flip the script and cry because she feels attacked and victimized *again* because people were trying to *politely* explain to her that her actions are offensive and considered appropriation.
  19. She has released fitness, diet and medical advice without ANY qualifications in any of those areas.
    She always says she is doing research when she shares advice. But never discloses her sources. In one story she admitted to deleting them when she is done. That is not research. That is Google. And giving herself that fake science halo is a problem. It makes her sound believable and knowledgeable even though she has no back up for her claims.
  20. Made her dog urinate and defecate on a plastic rug on their balcony because they couldn't be bothered to walk her regularly and then proceeded to not clean said rug on a daily basis.
  21. The message in the “Rise above” campaign was “I'll do whatever I like and will rise above any criticism I get” - specifically in reference to the cultural appropriation in her original video and her silencing BIPoC when they tried to explain why it was appropriation. That campaign video is a big “eff you” to everyone who called her out for her first campaign with the appropriation, just a massive circle jerk for Sarah, Kurt, and WF after thinking of themselves as victims from the backlash they received.
  22. Blocks and deletes polite criticism or questions in her comment section that don't suit her narrative.
  23. Claims she now has a good relationship with food and training in comparison to some years back when she was "the most shredded". However, even back then she claimed she felt "balanced" and happy. She has never truly acknowledged that she has had an eating disorder because then she would have to question her current behaviour (restricting, posing, editing). She admitted in a video she lost her period and was miserable from undereating/overtraining. Then used the photos from this time to promote her ebook workout ‘after shots’.
  24. She filmed, teased and monetized her grandmother's passing!
  25. Called out on her IG stories, the small business who “got her window wrong” in the pool house, had a full on hissy fit about it. That guy was lucky since he didn’t have a social presence for her stans to go harass him.
  26. In november 2020 she blasted the IG company Sabi & Soul saying she had bought pillow inserts, they had taken her money but she never received the articles. She went on for 12 stories about how she was scammed. This resulted in her stans attacking the poor woman on her IG business account on multiple posts. Turns out the owner had cancelled her order and reimbursed her. She later deleted her stories and wrote a text saying the issue was unresolved but she didn’t like the comments written on S&S IG because she “values honesty, kindness and compassion” which is a lie considering she knew exactly what she was doing when she originally did those stories, ie unleash her stans on that poor company. https://tattle.life/threads/sarahs-...bly-covid-infected.11067/page-39#post-2926211
  27. She blasted Hawaiian Airlines after her flight was delayed. Her stans harassed the company.
  28. She doxxes people whose DM's or comments she doesn't agree with.
  29. She has even done it to Kurt when he went to a wedding against her wishes (she wasn't invited) and she faked her "fragile baby bird" illness to try and guilt him into staying. Her stans savagely went for him on his Instagram accusing him of abandoning her.
  30. Publicly insulted her partner because he went to a wedding and discussed how she feels resentment towards him when he isn’t home. Additionally makes up stories that she’s in danger or hurt to guilt him that he even leaves for work trips.
  31. Admitted to “checking in” on Kurt because he was at the new house with his friend and she is dependent on him.
  32. Claimed her pink laxative drink helped her hair grow when we all know it was due to the fact she was pregnant. Her hair is now as thin as it was before her pregnancy.
TLDR:
-she is stealing people's creative ideas and not giving them credit where it's due.
-she silences PoC regularly and nobody is noticing it.
-she managed to hold onto 400k of donations for almost a month when her country was burning all around her.
-she is encouraging her followers to develop disordered eating habits and exercise routines, and profiting from ebooks that will certainly lead to injury because the programs are terribly designed; all whilst she bodybuilds with any gym that will sponsor her but claim the results are from her own programs.
-she is weaponizing her stans and teaching them to actively doxx and bully anyone who questions even the slightest things. She's breeding a following that is blindly hating on others- this can have a bigger ripple effect outside of her platform (are these same kids bullying their peers at school the way they did me?).
-she gets away with being racist and homophobic in this day and age.
-she proliferates outdated gender roles and toxic masculinity.
-her followers are being taught that if they look thin/pretty enough and act snarky and entitled enough, they can have whatever they wish (including the rights to other people's intellectual property) because their personalities, morals and ethics don't matter- certainly not judging by the example Sarah is setting.
-she called a brand out for being a scam but she scammed everyone with her bushfire fundraiser, she has had multiples of people contacting her/her people about not having access to their ebook after purchase and she shamed them all publicly and basically called them stupid and people have had serious issues with WF products and havent been addressed properly. Who’s the scammer now?

Please feel free to add to this list as much you can remember.

Thanks to @Wafflecakes for the thread tittle!!

• Heart
Reactions: 61
So she never has time for s bath because she has a toddler (🙄) but then goes on with this long ass skin care routine. Guess she only likes baths if she got paid to take them... Maybe that’s why she never showers. No sponsorship to gain there 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
Someone in the previous thread has asked about her shower situation, she did mention once how they have a massive shower with two shower heads on each side where her and Kurt stands while Focks slides in between them. She said how once they have more kids she would just shower them together. That’s just so weird imo. Not to mention how dangerous it might be, but showering together is so weird. Maybe fine between kids similar ages, but between two grown adults? Despite how much I might love my partner I like my privacy in the shower. Besides, we’ve all seen how Sarah reconciles when Kurt tries to show affection, so it must be super awkward for both of them. Then again, she hardly ever showers so 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 12
I used to hate watch her content but I honestly can’t anymore. Just thinking about how she profits off of being such a horrible person makes me sick. And to think she wants to raise children. It’s seriously getting to the point where it’s bad for my mental health to think about her.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Is it just me or is the tub really awkwardly placed? It's too close to the vanity to fit between and use that space, but the vanity looks like you are to use that space with the way the shelves are there. And the tiles look brown not pink in her stories but there is no filter :unsure: They remind me of an old bathroom from a budget hotel.

They don't have a guest room, because they will never have guests, so it's a relief that no one will really use that bathroom anyways. Plus it's directly off the living space isn't it? Not very discrete... The more I think about it, the layout of the house is really off.

Reactions: 29
I don’t see pink in her pink bathroom either. I always thought it was my phone or her filter. It’s looks brown.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
I thought maybe I was looking at it in a weird way but I completely agree, it is a bit crowded by the vanity and tub space. It's her classic "nude/skin colored pink" (which is another issue in and of itself) but it did look brown in the last stories. I can't imagine being that deep in the influencer world where you create a bathroom just for aesthetics...

Reactions: 14
She's blocked me 🤣 presumably for me commenting on the small business page. HOWWWWWWWW lame and sad that is lol. Ah well she was doing my absolute head in anyway. Nob head.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I can't imagine being that deep in the influencer world where you create a bathroom just for aesthetics...
This! When she said in one of the Reno Videos she wanted that to become the "instagram bathroom where her friends can take selfies in" I thought she had lost her mind.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Someone in the previous thread has asked about her shower situation, she did mention once how they have a massive shower with two shower heads on each side where her and Kurt stands while Focks slides in between them. She said how once they have more kids she would just shower them together. That’s just so weird imo. Not to mention how dangerous it might be, but showering together is so weird. Maybe fine between kids similar ages, but between two grown adults? Despite how much I might love my partner I like my privacy in the shower. Besides, we’ve all seen how Sarah reconciles when Kurt tries to show affection, so it must be super awkward for both of them. Then again, she hardly ever showers so 🤷🏾‍♀️
I'm so confused by how you find this weird and dangerous? My son showers with both my partner and myself, most of the time separately but sometimes all three of us say if we just got back from the pool or something. And my siblings and I used to have baths together, so did the children I used to nanny for. Do you mean you'd find it weird specifically for Kurt and Sarah to do because they're weird people, because I thought showering together was pretty common haha, and not dangerous

This! When she said in one of the Reno Videos she wanted that to become the "instagram bathroom where her friends can take selfies in" I thought she had lost her mind.
Wow she really loves being a pure example of what's wrong with influenza culture

Reactions: 35
ok, but she also mentioned that tub would be great for if and when she has more kids. Uhmm that is 100% not a "kid bathing" tub. The sides of the bath are soooo high, you'd break your back leaning over it to wash your baby. If she ever has multiple children to bathe at once, she's going to regret getting an "aesthetic, Instagram" tub for the purpose of bathing children. That tub is definitely an en suite adult bath vibe. Maybe I'm being nitpicky but it just confounds me how you would relegate that bath as a tub for your "future children"? What bath does Kurt bath Fox in? Idk it just seems sooooo impractical for a kid's bath (which she indicated what it is for in her stories).

ETA: I agree with all the above posters about the VERY strange layout of that bathroom as well. Something about it seems off. The tub is definitely too close to the vanity, and then the toilet is miles away with that strange half wall? It honestly tried hard and I can see what they wanted, but the execution once again falls flat and you're left with a very strange room. I feel as though her "designer" was more to just give her tile and fixture choices because there is no eye when it comes to any of the room layouts/floorplan. It looks like pinterest slapped together, zero cohesiveness and zero thought to how rooms are supposed to flow. Any professional would take one look at that bathroom and comment on the bizarre choice of placement. I also thought the sink was oddly placed, perhaps at an angle? Anyone else notice that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
ok, but she also mentioned that tub would be great for if and when she has more kids. Uhmm that is 100% not a "kid bathing" tub. The sides of the bath are soooo high, you'd break your back leaning over it to wash your baby. If she ever has multiple children to bathe at once, she's going to regret getting an "aesthetic, Instagram" tub for the purpose of bathing children. That tub is definitely an en suite adult bath vibe. Maybe I'm being nitpicky but it just confounds me how you would relegate that bath as a tub for your "future children"? What bath does Kurt bath Fox in? Idk it just seems sooooo impractical for a kid's bath (which she indicated what it is for in her stories).
I assumed she meant that the bath was for kids not for babies. The bath is large so would be great for fitting in a couple of older children, she’d just have to pick them up to lift them out & I assume she’d be in the bath or at least the bathroom with them so I don’t see why that would be a problem?

Reactions: 4
Here is a recap of Sarah's actions/behaviors (the bold is the most recent controversy):
  1. Promotes and encourages disordered eating habits; shames family, friends and fans who do not eat according to her self-proclaimed 'healthy' plan.
  2. Restricted her diet and over-exercised during her pregnancy, risking her baby's health and shaming other mothers who didn't do the same. Evidenced by multiple posts of mothers who admitted she made them feel like failures.
  3. Imposes a restricted diet on her child without having been to a doctor for testing. She just assumes he's lactose and gluten intolerant.
  4. Plagiarizes designs from other brands, including Cotton On, Lilybod, Slinkii, The Beauty Chef, P.E. Nation.
  5. Held a fundraiser for the Aus bushfires, without donating her own money. Proceeded to hold on to her followers' donations for weeks, and deleted any questions asking where the money was going. Only donated the money when reported to scamwatch, and even then deducted 40k without explanation. Proceeded to cry and play victim because she was asked to transfer the money where it was rightfully due instead of trying to profit off the interest of it sitting in her account as she was attempting to.
  6. In relation to this fundraiser, she insulted the bank and had a hissy fit inside the bank where a local woman witnessed and wrote on her Instagram about how childish she was behaving at the bank kicking and screaming.
  7. Every post on her page, dating back to when she lived with her parents, is an advert (Gaming app, ShaSha food co., Esmii Skin care, Blue Dinosaur, etc.). None of her ads are disclosed. This is terribly misleading to her followers who think she sincerely uses this stuff because she is real and raw.
  8. Has 3 incidents of homophobic behavior (when Kurt freaked out about wearing a skirt in her vlog, when they posted the scrabble board and when Kurt tells a full story about Fox grabbing his penis and goes on to call himself violated and then asks if this makes Fox gay).
  9. Posted a Bible verse suggesting she would be spared from covid because of her faith. Great message to send out during a global pandemic.
  10. Lied about having PCOS diagnosis- she never went to a gyno for it, nor did she ever get a scan or blood tests.
  11. Lied about healing her CIN3 through her natural cures, but actively promoted a 'program' for others in her position to follow.
  12. Outed Hawaiian Airlines for a delayed flight, and sent her minions to attack them all over their social media. Continued to moan and complain until she received a Virgin Airlines treat in exchange for positive publicity. Also outed the window fitter who had no chance to defend himself.
  13. Claims her skin is smooth because she cured her PCOS and takes body bloom, when in reality she is getting botox and fillers.
  14. Shares inappropriate images of her son (bath photos, peeing on head photo, etc.) even when we have sent her information about how these pictures can be embedded onto more nefarious sites.
  15. Refused to self-isolate at the beginning of covid and flouted the rules daily, going for walks, the gym, coffee runs, hair salon, and picking up a surfboard for Fox.
  16. Traveled from a hotspot during a surge in covid cases, and then proceeded to complain the entire time because she had to tolerate Kurt's "boring" family. Not for one second acknowledging that everyone in the world does not have the ability to see their loved ones for fear or infecting them.
  17. Went to get a facial when she admittedly was feeling congested and had a sore throat during the pandemic.
  18. Appropriated from BIPOC three times (Gypsy sunglasses, coloured braids, didgeridoo incidents). Then instead of learning and growing from the experience, silenced, deleted and blocked people from these groups, thus whitewashing the entire discussion by not letting their voices be heard. Then proceeded to flip the script and cry because she feels attacked and victimized *again* because people were trying to *politely* explain to her that her actions are offensive and considered appropriation.
  19. She has released fitness, diet and medical advice without ANY qualifications in any of those areas.
    She always says she is doing research when she shares advice. But never discloses her sources. In one story she admitted to deleting them when she is done. That is not research. That is Google. And giving herself that fake science halo is a problem. It makes her sound believable and knowledgeable even though she has no back up for her claims.
  20. Made her dog urinate and defecate on a plastic rug on their balcony because they couldn't be bothered to walk her regularly and then proceeded to not clean said rug on a daily basis.
  21. The message in the “Rise above” campaign was “I'll do whatever I like and will rise above any criticism I get” - specifically in reference to the cultural appropriation in her original video and her silencing BIPoC when they tried to explain why it was appropriation. That campaign video is a big “eff you” to everyone who called her out for her first campaign with the appropriation, just a massive circle jerk for Sarah, Kurt, and WF after thinking of themselves as victims from the backlash they received.
  22. Blocks and deletes polite criticism or questions in her comment section that don't suit her narrative.
  23. Claims she now has a good relationship with food and training in comparison to some years back when she was "the most shredded". However, even back then she claimed she felt "balanced" and happy. She has never truly acknowledged that she has had an eating disorder because then she would have to question her current behaviour (restricting, posing, editing). She admitted in a video she lost her period and was miserable from undereating/overtraining. Then used the photos from this time to promote her ebook workout ‘after shots’.
  24. She filmed, teased and monetized her grandmother's passing!
  25. Called out on her IG stories, the small business who “got her window wrong” in the pool house, had a full on hissy fit about it. That guy was lucky since he didn’t have a social presence for her stans to go harass him.
  26. In november 2020 she blasted the IG company Sabi & Soul saying she had bought pillow inserts, they had taken her money but she never received the articles. She went on for 12 stories about how she was scammed. This resulted in her stans attacking the poor woman on her IG business account on multiple posts. Turns out the owner had cancelled her order and reimbursed her. She later deleted her stories and wrote a text saying the issue was unresolved but she didn’t like the comments written on S&S IG because she “values honesty, kindness and compassion” which is a lie considering she knew exactly what she was doing when she originally did those stories, ie unleash her stans on that poor company. https://tattle.life/threads/sarahs-...bly-covid-infected.11067/page-39#post-2926211
  27. She blasted Hawaiian Airlines after her flight was delayed. Her stans harassed the company.
  28. She doxxes people whose DM's or comments she doesn't agree with.
  29. She has even done it to Kurt when he went to a wedding against her wishes (she wasn't invited) and she faked her "fragile baby bird" illness to try and guilt him into staying. Her stans savagely went for him on his Instagram accusing him of abandoning her.
  30. Publicly insulted her partner because he went to a wedding and discussed how she feels resentment towards him when he isn’t home. Additionally makes up stories that she’s in danger or hurt to guilt him that he even leaves for work trips.
  31. Admitted to “checking in” on Kurt because he was at the new house with his friend and she is dependent on him.
  32. Claimed her pink laxative drink helped her hair grow when we all know it was due to the fact she was pregnant. Her hair is now as thin as it was before her pregnancy.
TLDR:
-she is stealing people's creative ideas and not giving them credit where it's due.
-she silences PoC regularly and nobody is noticing it.
-she managed to hold onto 400k of donations for almost a month when her country was burning all around her.
-she is encouraging her followers to develop disordered eating habits and exercise routines, and profiting from ebooks that will certainly lead to injury because the programs are terribly designed; all whilst she bodybuilds with any gym that will sponsor her but claim the results are from her own programs.
-she is weaponizing her stans and teaching them to actively doxx and bully anyone who questions even the slightest things. She's breeding a following that is blindly hating on others- this can have a bigger ripple effect outside of her platform (are these same kids bullying their peers at school the way they did me?).
-she gets away with being racist and homophobic in this day and age.
-she proliferates outdated gender roles and toxic masculinity.
-her followers are being taught that if they look thin/pretty enough and act snarky and entitled enough, they can have whatever they wish (including the rights to other people's intellectual property) because their personalities, morals and ethics don't matter- certainly not judging by the example Sarah is setting.
-she called a brand out for being a scam but she scammed everyone with her bushfire fundraiser, she has had multiples of people contacting her/her people about not having access to their ebook after purchase and she shamed them all publicly and basically called them stupid and people have had serious issues with WF products and havent been addressed properly. Who’s the scammer now?

Please feel free to add to this list as much you can remember.

Thanks to @Wafflecakes for the thread tittle!!
Near perfect summary! I think I would combine No.12 with 25&27, but otherwise thank you for this splendid recap! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I assumed she meant that the bath was for kids not for babies. The bath is large so would be great for fitting in a couple of older children, she’d just have to pick them up to lift them out & I assume she’d be in the bath or at least the bathroom with them so I don’t see why that would be a problem?
I'm talking about when you bathe children you're constantly leaning over the tub so one that is like a "luxury" adult bath with high sides would be killer on your back when you're constantly bending over to wash their hair/body/play with toys etc. That was just my first thought when she said the tub was specifically for her future children to use and that they have showers in the other rooms. Maybe she means for older children to use on their own but I just meant that if she DID intend on using it for toddlers and babies and smaller children, she made a back breaking choice.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
What I find odd about the house is all the “social media” uses for it. It has to be “instagramable” it has to have good places for friends to take selfies, it needs a “content” room etc isn’t a house to... dare I say... live in and enjoy with those you love? Especially outside of work?

say her social media career is over... did she just waste her house? Lol

this chick has lost the plot to life

I'm talking about when you bathe children you're constantly leaning over the tub so one that is like a "luxury" adult bath with high sides would be killer on your back when you're constantly bending over to wash their hair/body/play with toys etc. That was just my first thought when she said the tub was specifically for her future children to use and that they have showers in the other rooms. Maybe she means for older children to use on their own but I just meant that if she DID intend on using it for toddlers and babies and smaller children, she made a back breaking choice.
Ehhh sarah doesn’t care about her back, have you seen her form in workout videos? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
These threads are spreading like wildfire! It’s crazy how quickly people are catching on to everything.

Also, this is totally off topic, but if you were like me and started following Sarah for her fitness and RaW TrUtH (and quickly discovered she’s fake) then you will LOVE Natasha Oceane, she’s a YouTuber who has an amazing relationship with fitness, food and HER BOYFRIEND!! (Take notes sezzy), I know she’s super popular but if you haven’t heard about her defs check her YouTube out.

P.S I’m calling it that Scezzy will be in her disgusting, hot box active wear all day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Here's my take on the bath situation.
I think it's fine that they didn't add a shower in, because having a room for just a bath is v.luxurious
I stayed in an air BNB at the beginning of the year, and they had a similar bath to Sarah's. This massive, luxury soaking tub. It was gorgeous, and took up most of the small bathroom.
They also had a shower just off to the side. Nothing fancy. It was just to the left of the bath, and the floor was on a slope so water went into the drain. It was small, but you didn't need much else because it's a shower! I love the idea of a big shower, where if no one else is there I can lie down and have the water pour over me (and have my weekly breakdown hahaha).

If I was building my dream home, I'd literally have a bathroom with just the bath tub and another with just a massive shower. I love that idea. But I don't want kids, so I don't need to consider anyone else's changing needs. My partner doesn't like baths, so I could have a whole room to myself to soak and drink wine. BUT WE DON'T HAVE KIDS.

just put a tiny shower space off to the side! You have a child, you want more, and presumably they'll have sleepovers with their friends.
Having one shower is COMPLETELY fine for a family, but the idea that you have a room solely dedicated to a bath and decided not to add in a shower when you hope to have multiple kids in the home at any given time is so weird to me.
They also could have been very creative with the other shower. You could have had one big shower that had the option of privacy screens in between so two people could have private showers in the same room.

Reactions: 19
I
What I find odd about the house is all the “social media” uses for it. It has to be “instagramable” it has to have good places for friends to take selfies, it needs a “content” room etc isn’t a house to... dare I say... live in and enjoy with those you love? Especially outside of work?

Ehhh sarah doesn’t care about her back, have you seen her form in workout videos? 😂

I’m not sure why she sunk so much money into the house, niche styling and overcapitalised. Most houses like this get gutted every 5-7 years for full reno, more so if they get sold. How does SARAH not realise all other influencers in her ‘niche’ - fitness/food/mummy/lifestyle spend there money on travel and day trips and use IG to gain revenue. They show different locations, photos aren’t repetitive or posted. She’s stuck in the 2010s YouTube/ebook revenue bubble where posts are planned 4-8 weeks and scheduled - everyone else has moved on to constant sponsors or ecommerce.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

I get it. Social media is a legit job, especially when it's taken seriously like with Sarah. There's a difference between a YouTuber with, say, 10,000 subscribers dedicating their design of their house to social media, and someone like Sarah with million of subscribers and followers. It does make sense that you want your house - the place 99% of your content is filmed in - to be presentable in video. I understand the logic behind wanting a nice looking place because your job depends on it.
What is so frustrating about it, is that the aesthetic seems to bases ENTIRELY on what is trendy on social media right now. Trends definitely come and go, and a lot of people will design their houses around fleeting trends - that's nothing new. But it's clear she's designing her house around what looks good on Instagram now, and hasn't thought about how that will age. She hasn't thought about how her selfie and video backgrounds will eventually look just like everyone else's. That pink/white/wood/terrazzo trend is everywhere, and her house looks like an expensive replica of a showroom specifically designed to flog the latest trendy household décor. Parts of it already look like something we've all seen before, and it's only time before the entire house looks like a carbon copy.

A big influencer isn't someone with millions of views. It's someone who everyone else is INFLUENCED by. For years, small YouTubers were creating videos exactly like hers, drinking the same coffee, doing the same workouts. I'd watch random YouTubers from America be like "ugh, I just want loving earth chocolate. Damnit Sarah's Day!". She has already been the person people want to be for years and year. I don't know why she keeps trying to be the Queen B of lifestyle vlogging.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.