Sarah This Mama Life #20 Can’t be bother to teach my kids to read, more interested in checking Insta feed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My word! This story she has just posted! Sarah is Lachlan’s biggest critic. Constant digs about the boys behaviour (most of which is down to the poor parenting he has received)
Sounds very much like Lachlan is not getting on well at all at school; like he’s not behaving appropriately, acting out, not getting on with the other kids or teachers. She’s annoyed that teachers/other parents/other kids are maybe saying less than complimentary things about him and she takes that as a dig at her.

She might want to go back and look at all the horrendously negative, awful, heartbreaking things that SHE has said about her son; the hundreds of comments she’s made about him - him being such a hard baby to love, about him being so awful that HE GAVE HER PTSD. About how she wanted to leave him in a room on his own and ignore him (she said it) about how he’s so naughty, won’t do as he’s told, won’t listen, won’t sit down, won’t eat his dinner, that he struggles to concentrate - she has said all of this, and regularly so. She posts videos where you can clearly see how awkward she is around him. Plus the fact that she has literally done everything she possibly can to avoid spending time with him since he’s been born.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Sounds very much like Lachlan is not getting on well at all at school; like he’s not behaving appropriately, acting out, not getting on with the other kids or teachers.
I’m sure you’re right. The few clips she shows of him, his behaviour is questionable at best. He clearly lacks focus and has a short attention span. He never seems to be sat quietly concentrating on a game, tv programme, meal, anything really, always jumping up and running around. She is constantly encouraging him to perform so he is bound to be disruptive. If Sarah doesn’t change her behaviour soon and address the issues, she will have real problems with Lachlan as he gets older.

Reactions: 15
Lachlan screams to me that he's that child that shows off and chats to random adults because he gets no attention from his own parents. I see those sorts of kids all the time at parks and soft plays, they see me interacting and playing with my son and come over and butt in. You try to be kind to them but it can be annoying... I'm not a childminder.

Reactions: 20
interesting. That poem is very much based upon how a parent feels in that situation. I absolutely get that the emotion it is encapsulating

However, Sarah’s posting shows a huge disconnect between Lachlan’s behaviour and her responsibility to support him to modify and adapt it. She always appears to be such a passive narrator in the whole situation with no real (let alone primary) responsibility. All of her posts tend to focus on the effects of his behaviour on her.

I’m prepared for the pas agg story incoming about “judgement” and “stories just showing 5 minutes of the day”. Again, that just shows the lack of responsibility and insight. There’s a lot of 5 minutes a day we see. There are a lot of posts and stories where Sarah sets out her feelings very plainly in writing with no space for misunderstanding. I don’t judge Lachlan at all. I do judge Sarah and Rob’s parenting and find it hugely lacking in the structure, support and boundaries and routines that Lachlan desperately needs but will not get until both of them are willing to structure their lives in a child centred way that operates in his best interests. Eg not removing him from school unless absolutely necessary. Not sending him into school when exhausted after an overnight drive. Intervening and distracting him from more problematic behaviour rather than passively filming it (ie prioritising Instagram). Ensuring that enough food is ordered and prepared to allow appropriate family meal times. Ensuring he has enough down time and is not over stimulated. I could continue. No doubt Sarah will see this and think it is is more horrible jealous trolling. Maybe try reframing it? Ask Lachlan’s teacher if his behaviour is more or less likely to improve if you actively parent him or focus on filming it for stories? See what a professional in real life says

Also would be very happy for Sarah to post my post on her stories as an example of horrible trolling. Can assure you it is not. Just a concerned member of the public

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She has made zero effort to get to know or understand Lachlan. Go back through her threads and there are countless examples of him being ignored, left in nursery whilst she does something with Isla. She talks to him like he is a stranger and acts like she is nervous around him. She asks for help with fussy eating, people tell her to include Isla and Lachlan in cooking and eating together as a family. She blanks this advice as it would be inconvenient for her and hard word in the short term.

Reactions: 19
She only gives him attention when he’s jumping about and messing around for the camera. When he’s playing up in public she keeps her distance yet still films and says “my funny wee boy” Sarah’s given him a messed up view of how to get adults attention and the constant praise of princess Meels, how is not as cute as Sarah thinks, have probably affected how he reacts to his peers too 🙁

Reactions: 12
The poor boy must be struggling something fierce at school.

And yet, Sarah being the classic narc, will read this thread and throw it aside as unfounded criticisms of her. Rather than taking on advice and engaging with her son to help him, she’ll leave him to flounder while getting on the defensive about “her precious wee boy” because god forbid someone suggests she might have an impact on his behaviour.

• Heart
Sounds very much like Lachlan is not getting on well at all at school; like he’s not behaving appropriately, acting out, not getting on with the other kids or teachers. She’s annoyed that teachers/other parents/other kids are maybe saying less than complimentary things about him and she takes that as a dig at her.
The very fact that Sarah is sharing that poem and alluding to the fact that Lachlan is being negatively perceived by others strikes me as a MASSIVE dig at Lachlan actually! I don't understand why you would broadcast to strangers on the Internet that other adults are being critical of your child's (problematic) behaviour.

Reactions: 13
I think his behaviour will only get worse as he gets older. She doesn’t have the intelligence to actively respond to him. Add in her personality disorder and there is no chance things will improve. I feel for the little boy.

Reactions: 9
In a few short years Lachlan will be a 10 year old boy, and then not long after that he will be in his early teens. It’s sad to say but you can clearly see now that he is going to grow to be a young man with a lot of behavioural problems, anger issues, probably depression etc - it’s staring them right in the face. If he’s not getting on well at school he will start to be ostracised by his peers and will be a loner, this will start the cycle of negative feelings towards his peers and towards those in authority at school and towards his parents. Damaged, dysfunctional teenagers and adults are a direct result of poor parenting and neglect in early childhood and this has all the screaming hallmarks of that.

Sarah & Rob seriously need to get a grip here. She needs to get off social media entirely or at the very least close down all her public social media and start focusing her energy on her children and bringing them up properly - not for the performance on Instagram but actually parenting her children. Everything she does right now is for Instagram; it’s all content. None of it is genuine, none of it is organic real life stuff - she plans it all, orchestrates everything as content for Instagram and that is one of the biggest issues they have as a family - she’s got them living in the Truman show.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The way she interacts with her children reminds me of an aunt or friend… she says she loves them sooo much but she’s really awkward and distant around her own children. My best friend loves my children and regularly texts saying ‘oh love them so much’ in the same way I do about my nieces and nephews but the love just isn’t the same as what it is with your own children. She reminds me of that. It’s so odd.

Reactions: 15
I'm probably going to be shot down for saying this, but as a mother of older children, the early primary school years should be SO easy. EYFS/KS1 children regularly happily play alone and usually don't feel left out like older kids can. There isn't the same emphasis on a peer group or outside activities, and things like parties are easy as it's usually a whole class/year group thing. Reception is academically relaxed, with an emphasis on learning through play.

In short, if L is struggling just a few months into mainstream school, and Sarah is struggling to address it, there are MAJOR issues bubbling under the surface. I work with that age group a lot and it's so easy to see the ones whose parents take an interest and the ones who don't, down to table/general manners, attitude etc.

I'm not baffled by Sarah's inability to connect HER behaviour with Lachlans - I see it all the time where parents try and find anyone to blame except themselves. They just don't normally broadcast it to 45k strangers on the Internet.

Reactions: 21
19FE3022-C666-497B-AC0B-3C7ABD9BAD83.jpeg

Just a reminder that, while I don’t doubt she struggled, she posted this PUBLICLY where he will read it one day. He will read that his mother blamed HIM so when she’s all like “they can look back at all the memories” - this is what he will see. He won’t care about the insta days out and balloon walls. His teenage (or younger) self will focus on things like this.

I really hope she reads this here and deletes this post, seriously. For his sake.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1039515

Just a reminder that, while I don’t doubt she struggled, she posted this PUBLICLY where he will read it one day. He will read that his mother blamed HIM so when she’s all like “they can look back at all the memories” - this is what he will see. He won’t care about the insta days out and balloon walls. His teenage (or younger) self will focus on things like this.

I really hope she reads this here and deletes this post, seriously. For his sake.
What a horrendous post. Seriously bad. I’m sure a lot of parents have days where your kids are the people you least want to be with and you’d rather lock yourself in a dark room with Netflix and wine. But you can’t! She is so blessed to have that little boy, it’s such a shame she doesn’t feel that.

Reactions: 10
Saying you don't always like your kids is one thing (although I still don't really agree with doing it so publicly).

Saying you find it hard to LOVE your kids is either a sure sign of quite serious mental illness or just a sign that you're a Grade A T**t. Poor Lachlan 😕

Exactly, I think it’s normal not to like everyone 24/7, they’re human beings too. I’m sure they don’t like me either some days 😂

Reactions: 2
Calls a plant cutie but tells her son she finds it hard to love him. What a wonderful mother she is

Reactions: 14
View attachment 1039515

She’s holding him like an expert on the Antiques Roadshow holds a vase bought at a car boot. Sarah’s hugging the flowers more lovingly than she is that poor wee lad.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Oh wow, seeing that post again about L makes me so sad, but also so angry. How can any mother say such a thing.

View attachment 1039515

Reactions: 7
She’s holding him like an expert on the Antiques Roadshow holds a vase bought at a car boot. Sarah’s hugging the flowers more lovingly than she is that poor wee lad.
I was just coming on to say the same thing. Normally the mum had the baby up close ect but that looks like shes posing with a random baby.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.