Sarah This Mama Life #20 Can’t be bother to teach my kids to read, more interested in checking Insta feed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1039515

Just a reminder that, while I don’t doubt she struggled, she posted this PUBLICLY where he will read it one day. He will read that his mother blamed HIM so when she’s all like “they can look back at all the memories” - this is what he will see. He won’t care about the insta days out and balloon walls. His teenage (or younger) self will focus on things like this.

I really hope she reads this here and deletes this post, seriously. For his sake.
I have a child with SEN who is now able to use social media and does. I’ve been so careful about what I’ve shared so that anything he finds isn’t negative or blaming him or making him out to be a problem child. It’s not his fault, he was born with the issues he has and our choice to have a child and to be parents. He’s amazing and so is my other child. I would hate my kids to find stuff like this. You cannot blame a child for their issues and certainly not a baby, babies don’t deliberately try to make things hard for their parents.

Sad really.

Reactions: 11
In a few years (Isla may already be at this stage now) those kids WILL be going online and WILL search for their own names/mum & dads names etc - it’s just what kids do. They WILL see all of the horrible, nasty, negative bullshit that their own mother has posted PUBLICLY about them. Not only that that but all of their friends and all their friends parents will see it. The teachers at high school. Everyone that those kids come into contact with will have full access to ALL of Sarah’s horrific commentary on how much she hates being a parent and how much she dislikes Lachlan. Not only that but they will also have full access to these threads on tattle where we have FOR YEARS been pointing out how awful it is, how much help Sarah needs to address it, how we know she reads these threads and that despite all of our concern — SARAH, ROB AND THE ENTIRE EXTENDED FAMILY HAVE IGNORED IT ALL, SWEPT IT ALL UNDER THE CARPET AND THEN CARRIED ON THEIR MERRY WAY OF NOT PARENTING THE KIDS BUT FOCUSING ON THIS SOCIAL MEDIA ESCAPISM.

Those kids will HATE everything Sarah & Rob have done.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Babies literally cry out for love, toddlers and kids can be annoying sure but to make that statement about him when he was so little and at his most vulnerable is so very sad to read and I think Rob or other family should have stepped in and made her take it down. You can’t help your feelings but you can stop and think about telling the world and your future older son. He didn’t ‘make’ anything hard he was in pain and crying, your job however hard as his Mum is to comfort and get him through things. She’s very immature as a parent given the age of her children, she acts like she’s just had a baby and is clueless. I feel heart sorry for that lovely little boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So I'm now blocked 🤣 after I sent a message....

But she's still sharing gormless Rob and calling a plant "cutie" Anything but face the cold hard truths....

Reactions: 10
I’m sure you’re right. The few clips she shows of him, his behaviour is questionable at best. He clearly lacks focus and has a short attention span. He never seems to be sat quietly concentrating on a game, tv programme, meal, anything really, always jumping up and running around. She is constantly encouraging him to perform so he is bound to be disruptive. If Sarah doesn’t change her behaviour soon and address the issues, she will have real problems with Lachlan as he gets older.
My son is like that but he’s autistic. I don’t want to label Lachlan as anything because it’s not fair or my place to do it. But, and I know this sounds bad, I hope it’s something that can be worked on and helped by routine, boundaries, discipline etc because I think she’ll be even worse towards him if he does get a diagnosis. That of course depends on engagement with the school though.

Whatever’s going on, one of them needs to wise up and tackle this head on. The irony is, allowing her followers to see how Lachlan is and their journey (whatever the outcome) will give her engagement, which appears to be more important to her than anything.

I’m sorry to me-rail but I really struggled with my son’s diagnosis (he has GDD too) and it took me a long time to come to terms with it. I’d be the first to say a huge part of that is he’s an only child so my entire parenting is all about this. She doesn’t know how lucky she is and that’s what annoys me most. I’m so glad there was no pregnancy announcement last week, I could sob for Lachlan but imagine he was the middle child 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 5
According to Sarah he was soooo ready for school. Despite his language being delayed. What near 5 year old says 'I go school now Mama'.

She was deluded if she thought the transition from nursery to school was going to be easy. Us strangers on the Internet who only see her in the 5 mins a day she chooses to share could have told her that.

He has been neglected. He may have been fed, watered, clothed but she has expected nursery and now school and his clubs to do the actual caring. He has had a camera in his face from the moment he was born and his entire life shared with strangers. On an IV drip and his mother is taking photos and complaining of no vegetarian sandwich options at the local supermarket.

I think she will be quick to suggest Lachlan has some neurological issues that they will expect school to fix but before they start testing him some basic parenting lessons for Sarah and Sinbad should be looked at first.

Reactions: 15
According to Sarah he was soooo ready for school. Despite his language being delayed. What near 5 year old says 'I go school now Mama'.

She was deluded if she thought the transition from nursery to school was going to be easy. Us strangers on the Internet who only see her in the 5 mins a day she chooses to share could have told her that.

He has been neglected. He may have been fed, watered, clothed but she has expected nursery and now school and his clubs to do the actual caring. He has had a camera in his face from the moment he was born and his entire life shared with strangers. On an IV drip and his mother is taking photos and complaining of no vegetarian sandwich options at the local supermarket.

I think she will be quick to suggest Lachlan has some neurological issues that they will expect school to fix but before they start testing him some basic parenting lessons for Sarah and Sinbad should be looked at first.
It must be so tough being a teacher and unable to get the parents to engage! Especially when it’s something they can work together and hopefully make a difference

Reactions: 6
My son is like that but he’s autistic. I don’t want to label Lachlan as anything because it’s not fair or my place to do it. But, and I know this sounds bad, I hope it’s something that can be worked on and helped by routine, boundaries, discipline etc because I think she’ll be even worse towards him if he does get a diagnosis. That of course depends on engagement with the school though.

Whatever’s going on, one of them needs to wise up and tackle this head on. The irony is, allowing her followers to see how Lachlan is and their journey (whatever the outcome) will give her engagement, which appears to be more important to her than anything.

I’m sorry to me-rail but I really struggled with my son’s diagnosis (he has GDD too) and it took me a long time to come to terms with it. I’d be the first to say a huge part of that is he’s an only child so my entire parenting is all about this. She doesn’t know how lucky she is and that’s what annoys me most. I’m so glad there was no pregnancy announcement last week, I could sob for Lachlan but imagine he was the middle child 😔
I hear you, I have a son with ASD and the diagnosis process was hard, and some days I still struggle with worrying about his future. If they do have that road to go down then it will be rough.
They are quite protected at primary and secondary is daunting without ASD, luckily we found a smooth path for our son but it’s a worry.

• Heart
Sarah’s house reminds me of a furniture showroom (no personality, no family trinkets, photos, normal clutter).
F20232CF-4B06-4488-879B-79AC02333603.png

Sarah’s house reminds me of a furniture showroom (no personality, no family trinkets, photos, normal clutter).View attachment 1040046
Yup. Those few odd ornaments are just generic, meaningless tat she’s bought from ikea or way fair or wherever - they don’t mean anything to her or the family, they are just there to fill space because it’s what she thinks her house needs to look
Like to be “instagramable”
That house is a sterile, cold, clinical showroom that Sarah only ever wanted so that she could use it as a backdrop for her flagging Instagram page. It’s not a home.

Reactions: 13
All those bookshelves but not one book.

Quite sad really isn’t it?. We have tons of books in our house for us and the kids. But with Sarah it’s all about aesthetics and how things look to other people, that’s the most important thing to her. I pity her that she lives such an empty life

Reactions: 6
Quite sad really isn’t it?. We have tons of books in our house for us and the kids. But with Sarah it’s all about aesthetics and how things look to other people, that’s the most important thing to her. I pity her that she lives such an empty life
If she had books she would be one of those saddos who turns them so the spine is to the wall for the aesthetic 🙄

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Has she actually got photos for the frames yet? What sort of psycho puts up empty frames on a bookshelf?

Still makes me laugh that she put the “fireplace” on the internal wall 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
No wonder L is fussy with food, he would have had fish and chips twice today 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Excuse me Meels but that says Mum and Dad, surely it’s Mama and Dada, or is that just in Mama’s tiny mind?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Excuse me Meels but that says Mum and Dad, surely it’s Mama and Dada, or is that just in Mama’s tiny mind?
Also… surely she knows her kids handwriting?!

It must be so tough being a teacher and unable to get the parents to engage! Especially when it’s something they can work together and hopefully make a difference
I wonder if the teachers read here and use it to guide them helping L?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.