Sarah This Mama Life #20 Can’t be bother to teach my kids to read, more interested in checking Insta feed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also… surely she knows her kids handwriting?!

I wonder if the teachers read here and use it to guide them helping L?
I know she has some members of staff on her insta so who knows. One simple google of her name shows tattle and the business with the ASA.
The school are great with all the support they can provide, but you can clearly see that dumb and dumber are not continuing it at home. So come Monday morning the teachers have to start all over again with L. His class teacher is fantastic and the senco team are amazing! But again there’s little point in helping at school if he just gets to run riot after school hours.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The fussy eater who lives on fish and chips, sausages and pizza at home isn't that fussy when it comes to school dinners or the nursery food before that. Again eating separately from her kids. It is Friday night, she works half days Fridays and she can't think of a meal idea they could all enjoy together.

Reactions: 6
The fussy eater who lives on fish and chips, sausages and pizza at home isn't that fussy when it comes to school dinners or the nursery food before that. Again eating separately from her kids. It is Friday night, she works half days Fridays and she can't think of a meal idea they could all enjoy together.
The fish and chips she made the kids would have been fine as a meal for all of them. She’s a twit.

Oh apprently he was quite picky at nursery and would normally have mutiple puddings!

Reactions: 3
In a few years (Isla may already be at this stage now) those kids WILL be going online and WILL search for their own names/mum & dads names etc - it’s just what kids do. They WILL see all of the horrible, nasty, negative bullshit that their own mother has posted PUBLICLY about them. Not only that that but all of their friends and all their friends parents will see it. The teachers at high school. Everyone that those kids come into contact with will have full access to ALL of Sarah’s horrific commentary on how much she hates being a parent and how much she dislikes Lachlan. Not only that but they will also have full access to these threads on tattle where we have FOR YEARS been pointing out how awful it is, how much help Sarah needs to address it, how we know she reads these threads and that despite all of our concern — SARAH, ROB AND THE ENTIRE EXTENDED FAMILY HAVE IGNORED IT ALL, SWEPT IT ALL UNDER THE CARPET AND THEN CARRIED ON THEIR MERRY WAY OF NOT PARENTING THE KIDS BUT FOCUSING ON THIS SOCIAL MEDIA ESCAPISM.

Those kids will HATE everything Sarah & Rob have done.
But sure it’s all the fault of tattle trolls

What normal person asks for mop recommendations 🤣
A mop is a mop, they all do the same thing - unless she’s on the beg for a free one.
This is just classic posting for the sake of posting. It’s the digital equivalent of making small talk with someone in the que at the post office. Why can’t she just put her phone down and stay off Instagram?! Just put the phone away!!!!! Pour a glass of wine and enjoy an evening actually talking with your husband. Watch a film. Have sex. Go to bed early. Enjoy a bath. Read a book. Anything that’s not posting mind numbing pointless tit on Instagram.

Sounds very much like Lachlan is not getting on well at all at school; like he’s not behaving appropriately, acting out, not getting on with the other kids or teachers. She’s annoyed that teachers/other parents/other kids are maybe saying less than complimentary things about him and she takes that as a dig at her.

She might want to go back and look at all the horrendously negative, awful, heartbreaking things that SHE has said about her son; the hundreds of comments she’s made about him - him being such a hard baby to love, about him being so awful that HE GAVE HER PTSD. About how she wanted to leave him in a room on his own and ignore him (she said it) about how he’s so naughty, won’t do as he’s told, won’t listen, won’t sit down, won’t eat his dinner, that he struggles to concentrate - she has said all of this, and regularly so. She posts videos where you can clearly see how awkward she is around him. Plus the fact that she has literally done everything she possibly can to avoid spending time with him since he’s been born.
Spot on. How passive aggressive was that post?! And narcissistic. It’s other peoples fault for not understanding. Hmm ok

Lachlan screams to me that he's that child that shows off and chats to random adults because he gets no attention from his own parents. I see those sorts of kids all the time at parks and soft plays, they see me interacting and playing with my son and come over and butt in. You try to be kind to them but it can be annoying... I'm not a childminder.
Erm .. really? I am now questioning all
My parenting !!? I literally cannot stop my child fully, overly engaging with random people we meet! I lllioe to think we show him a very balanced approached but maybe not ?!

I’m annoyed about the poem she shared about L on a number of levels. It strikes me as another sly dig at him.
I have to assume that the people who don’t see L as his mum does have been alerting S to issues they see with L. This annoys me as it makes out as if those people don’t see a wee boy who needs cuddles and is lovable. These people will absolutely aware of this child’s need for cuddles and how lovable his family find him but they are also able to see a bigger picture that allows them to identify areas of concern in the way this child presents. This doesn’t mean they don’t understand this child’s family love and want to cuddle the child. It means they want to try to support appropriately and help the family to support by making them aware of issues they seem blind to. But S has turned this to be about her and we are to feel sorry for her as the nasty grown ups are being mean about her boy.
I’m rambling but I’m annoyed at her lack of understanding and inability to parent appropriately…as usual.

Reactions: 8
He was treated like a lord at nursery from what I can gather.
They maybe felt that somebody had to? It would have been blatantly obvious to them how Sarah feels about him and he was probably one of only a handful of kids still there at closing time (amongst children of parents/carers who work until 5.30 or whenever)

Reactions: 4
He was treated like a lord at nursery from what I can gather.
Probably because they knew he was at the bottom of the pecking order at home. That poor boy, if there is something going on with him which is more than just his behaviour hopefully it will get picked up and he will get the appropriate input, however it would not surprise me in the slightest if it’s purely a lack of clear consistent parenting. Being put in nursery 8-6 5 days a week all year round apart from a week or two off since a baby is awful. She stayed away from him ( as did Rob when he was home) as much as she could. They clearly favoured Isla. L IMO has been emotionally neglected for a long time.

Sorry, but wtf is this? What sort of loser takes a photo of themselves with their eyes closed, accessorised by hideous eyelashes and a plastic smile, and then puts it on the Internet? A TOTAL LOSER is who.

View attachment 1037557
Well if you’re 15 maybe but FFS!! What a total knob!

Last edited:
Emotionally neglected since he was born.

She has never dealt with HER issues and resentment that he wasn't the instababy she hoped for. Did she ever follow up with finding a therapist after going to a doctor about her PTSD (or more likely PND)? She did a video about it but I am pretty sure the advice would have been spend more time with your son, not less. Probably worried they might suggest leaving the video camera alone when interacting with Lachlan.
She doesn't know how to talk or behave around him because even though he is 5 years old she has had very little one on one time with him. I genuinely believe she is a bit scared of him. Doesn't know how to handle him so all that judgement about her wild child is actually more likely to be judgement of her poor parenting. It is directed at her not Lachlan and we know how important it is to Sarah about how things look to others.

I have twins and they’re roughly same age as L. One is severely disabled and both had horrific reflux. Projectile vomiting, needing supplemented feeds etc. I breastfed one, pumped for the other because he struggled to feed and so it could be supplemented to make sure he got enough. It was bloody hard but I would never write anything like she has. I had awful PND, had therapy (still having it) but would never blame my children or write the awful things she has written. And when they were distressed and unwell due to being premature, disabled, reflux etc all I have ever done is cuddle them. Not leave them in a room and ignore them!!
I’m not saying she didn’t find it hard, but the stuff she is writing is her neglecting that poor boy. Give him a cuddle and some love and stop blaming him for your terrible attitude Sarah!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
View attachment 1039515

Just a reminder that, while I don’t doubt she struggled, she posted this PUBLICLY where he will read it one day. He will read that his mother blamed HIM so when she’s all like “they can look back at all the memories” - this is what he will see. He won’t care about the insta days out and balloon walls. His teenage (or younger) self will focus on things like this.

I really hope she reads this here and deletes this post, seriously. For his sake.
I had to step away from this thread for a bit; that Instagram post is so fucked up, I am actually just raging.

"YOU MAKE it so hard to love you". As if an infant was being deliberately difficult just to inconvenience Sarah.

I don't doubt that being a mother is incredibly difficult at the best of times, let alone looking after a baby who is crying round the clock and not sleeping because he's in such distress and discomfort. But how can she imply that Lachlan had any sort of control over it?! He did not ask to be born with health issues - however tough it must have been on Sarah, how does she think he must have felt at the time?!

I'm not necessarily angry that Sarah thinks this way and has shared it for the world to see - I don't hold her to a high standard at all; she's not fit to be a mother. What absolutely makes my blood boil is that Robert would have seen that, as well as members of her family and friends and no one stepped in to protect that poor child and to get Sarah the psychological/psychiatric treatment that she needs.

It's repulsive that brands give her work for any family-related gigs.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Just look at it the other way round- what if Lachlan when he’s older puts a post on Instagram saying “oh mama, you make it so very hard for me to love you”….
Just think about that. It makes me so sad.

Reactions: 13
Are her family scared of her? Because otherwise I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t get her the help she obviously needs.

She should be thankful that school are trying to get L the help he needs.

Are her family scared of her? Because otherwise I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t get her the help she obviously needs.

She should be thankful that school are trying to get L the help he needs.
I thought that Rob was scared of her, now I'm wondering whether he doesn't just enable her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.