Sarah This Mama Life #20 Can’t be bother to teach my kids to read, more interested in checking Insta feed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot for the life of me work out why school parking is such an issue! Our school is bedlam at all times, why can't people just walk a few minutes.
She will be late because she can't park closer. Here's an idea don't talk to your phone about uninteresting crap and you won't be late!

Reactions: 14
Jesus..... How far away is she actually parking!!! Surely not enough to warrant a load of waffle about getting closer!!

Reactions: 3
Jesus..... How far away is she actually parking!!! Surely not enough to warrant a load of waffle about getting closer!!
You’ve got it in one! She parks on the same road as the bloody school! It’s more effort parking where she does and walking up, then if she walked from her actual house!

Reactions: 5
New to the thread (I think 🤣) people parking at schools has always been a pet peeve of mine. Understand if you live an hour from your school but most people live right beside their local primary school. Stop teaching your children to be lazy and just walk them to school? It’s not as though she does much else of importance and even if she was going somewhere, walk back home to where your car is parked and go from there. It’s not as if she lives hours walk away 🤣

On the days she isn’t going into the office why not walk? I really enjoy my walk to and from school with the children on my days off.

Is it far?

Anything under 15/20 mins is absolutely achievable.

Reactions: 9
Jesus..... How far away is she actually parking!!! Surely not enough to warrant a load of waffle about getting closer!! I
You’ve got it in one! She parks on the same road as the bloody school! It’s more effort parking where she does and walking up, then if she walked from her actual house!
These people really irritate me...... They do it near my daughters school too!

Reactions: 7
Yep I used to walk 1.5 miles each way and worked full time - really missed it when I didn’t need to do it anymore!

On the days she isn’t going into the office why not walk? I really enjoy my walk to and from school with the children on my days off.

Is it far?

Anything under 15/20 mins is absolutely achievable.
Oh shes definitly within 15 mins of the school walking.

Having another did at L that she still has to get into bed with him to get him to sleep.

1. If you actually spent more living and nurturing time with him during the day, he may not feel so desperate for it at night.

2. His sleeping pattern is all over the place because if erratic bedtimes so he's probably harder to settle at night.

3. Where's Rob in all this? Does he not put the kids to bed?

This is not rocket science.

Having another did at L that she still has to get into bed with him to get him to sleep.

1. If you actually spent more living and nurturing time with him during the day, he may not feel so desperate for it at night.

2. His sleeping pattern is all over the place because if erratic bedtimes so he's probably harder to settle at night.

Neither of them seem to have any idea how to parent.

Reactions: 7
I actually feel they shouldn’t of had children and maybe didn’t want them but that’s what expected…The running home to mummy, the longest nursery hours, the seeing mummy but dumping the kids for a weekend, breakfast clubs, the wee man annoying her…

• Sad
Reactions: 9

She needs to move so shes sat on the floor and he goes to sleep knowing shes there and then move to the door way ect. He shouldn't be needing her to settle him at 5!

You know you have a problem when you have to say "weve run out of gusto meals" 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sarah it looks rank 😂

Enough time to fanny about driving the length of the country but no time to grab a bag of pasta and some garlic bread. Sinbad must be desperate to get away and get some decent food 😂😂😂

Reactions: 11

Those kids have NO semblance of any routine whatsoever. They have no proper evening routine at all. They are out at after school clubs etc until gone 6pm or later, they get given beige freezer rubbish for every single meal, they don’t sit together as a family at the table and eat together, they are acting up and misbehaving the entire time - so who knows how much food they actually eat - they seem to then just jump around the house, charging around, then they don’t seem to have a evening routine of bath/teeth brushed etc so I imagine they just get tossed into bed and then they expect Lachlan to just close his eyes and go to sleep?
maybe if they collected the kids from school at 3.30pm, then have them a proper evening meal at 5pm and had a structured bedtime routine with a bath, time to relax, a bedtime story etc

Neither Sarah or Rob have a clue how to look after children. They are woefully inadequate and frankly completely bleeping useless at it. Their incompetence is staggering.

Reactions: 10
I think if your mindset is we’ve run out of Gusto you need a sharp pole up your arse….Maybe on your admin day batch cook a few dinners instead of wanky Ads. Also at the weekend cook instead of beige pizza then your kids will sit at a table with a nice roast chicken which in turn could be turned into a chicken rice dish and the bones boiled for stock. These bloody “influencers” have the skills of a slug and the morals of an alley cat. I’m very salty today ….

They’ve run out of Gusto….

Seriously! So they don’t have actual food in their fridge?

She is so strange, and what did the children have for dinner? And what on earth does her weekly food shops consist of?

I feel so sorry for the children. It can be a bit daunting to get started with batch cooking and meal planning but it is my secret weapon to keeping things straightforward and organised.

My husband is deployed and just not having to think about dinner each
Night makes my life so much easier. She is going to be in a real fix when Rob is away in the next few months ( she did say he was deploying, didn’t she?).

We all drop the ball and forget things occasionally. Running out of milk/fruit/bread is annoying but she seems incapable of meeting the requirements of general adulthood and being a parent.

Reactions: 15
It’s not daunting batch cooking you need to be organised and that’s what this sweet treat isn’t

Reactions: 1
I’ve just seen her story from last night - she was going to talk about ‘parenting younger kids who are different to who you were as a child and the feelings it can bring up’ …. I’m sorry but why on Earth would she expect her kids to be the same as she was growing up? My kids are individuals. They have their own likes and dislikes and none of them are the same as I was when I was a child because they’re not me. What does she even mean?? Could she be talking about them having learning / behaviour issues or that she had an ED and they don’t? The mind boggles why even post a story saying I was going to talk about x y and z but I watched TV instead! 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.