Sarah Akwisombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My last payment for the M&M course bounced (I changed banks and hadn't changed the payment over an oversight by me) I did chuckle in the email where she says it's a small business and missed payments can be costly and stop more amazing courses being created (I appreciate this is true for small businesses and I have sorted it and paid what I owe).

You weren't saying about your small business hardships when you were bragging about your million were you 🙄 she's just left a nasty taste after all this going on.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
My last payment for the M&M course bounced (I changed banks and hadn't changed the payment over an oversight by me) I did chuckle in the email where she says it's a small business and missed payments can be costly and stop more amazing courses being created (I appreciate this is true for small businesses and I have sorted it and paid what I owe).

You weren't saying about your small business hardships when you were bragging about your million were you 🙄 she's just left a nasty taste after all this going on.
Yeah I think they've always had the same auto-email sequence set up. They're pretty ruthless about chasing payments....not so good at refunds.

Reactions: 2
I can't believe people are still making excuses for her - but I guess they want to keep their pride and not admit they've been had big time.

I would PAY to know which influencers she pulled in ..... imagine all the accounts with 20K+ followers that are keen to make the big time and have a "thing" like MLM rather than changing room hauls, iconic or Gousto ads. 😂

@Blancmange and @Factsnottrash - quick question did she at any point encourage people who had paid for her services to buy/review her book on Amazon? I can't believe people are still making excuses for her - but I guess they want to keep their pride and not admit they've been had big time.
Yes. That's the cultish psychology of an MLM and that's why they keep going despite overwhelming evidence that they are essentially pyramid schemes with 'product' as decoy. This is the part that I find most upsetting/infuriating about the whole phenomenon. They use the group psychology mixed with capitalist 'work hard' bullshit to keep people going even if it is patently clear that the whole things is elaborate illusion and nobody wins at this game because the whole premise of the game is for you not to win and then use shame to stop people from speaking up. FFS. Getting annoyed here as lost a mate to an MLM and it was a pretty hideous thing to watch.

Sarah seems to be biding her time and doing this whole 'curated vulnerability' thing where she is is owning up only to things that will get her engagement from prospective customers but not actually honouring her existing commitments. Grim.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
@Blancmange and @Factsnottrash - quick question did she at any point encourage people who had paid for her services to buy/review her book on Amazon?
I also wondered the same - or to share stories and tags about the book. I give her the benefit of doubt on this one, but I had wondered. In fairness she wrote the book so fair enough to promote it - and she wanted to get on the ST bestseller list!

@iloveharibo I literally joined Tattle now to reply to you. (Apologies, I got inspired by your nickname!) I am in the same M&M FB group, I joined the course this last session and I actually thought there were some interesting things to take away. I really like Jen too, and I think she is genuine. One is free to not believe in manifesting and other things, but I thought that as a method to build confidence, it wasn't all bad. Now I am really shocked and I wonder why nobody else in the M&M manifesting group is acknowledging the elephant in the room! I spoke with someone that has been refunded on the money from the cancelled group and she was still very positive about Sarah. It all feels dirty and I am starting to doubt everything she does. Also, I didn't know her until 3 months ago, when someone in the art world reposted her. I can definitely see that this someone in the art world uses the same techniques as her.

Reactions: 5
@ilovemarshmallows - glad I could inspire you! Have you seen the post on the FB group about the elephant in the room? Some people are saying to treat the elephant with love and kindness. What a load of crap.

• Haha
Oh my word it's escalating. Lots of very upset people in the group now, calling out the bullies, saying they feel let down and don't come from privilege so the money has been a stretch. Sarahs 'statement' saying she can't really say much yet, some stuff has to stay private. Her mum has now commented about what 'they've all been through ' the last few months yet Sarah and Llewy set up a company together on 14th September!? This has all taken a very very dark turn. There are so many vulnerable women in the group who have literally given them their last penny and they're STILL not agreeing to refund people!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think SA may think that tattle is a bunch of miserable broke people who have nothing else to do than comment on her million. But actually, we are her followers and a lot of us are her customers who paid her lots of money. I have been following her for years, even paid into her M&M course, and was thinking of joining her Business smashing it course. I really did see her as a successful business owner and successful mom/wife and looked up to her quirky Croydon lifestyle.

Plus this is an actual statistic that for every customer complaint, there are 26 other unhappy customers who have not voiced their opinion. So if I was her, I would be shitting myself. She's lost her credibility to a lot of people. Some people still follow her, I won't unfollow her because I am curious how this will all unfold, but she's lost a lot of people's willingness to pay into her. I will not be paying her in the future, I'll just follow from a distance.

Her recent appearances have made me realize that she is not confident at all, it's all a charade, plus she does not seem to know what she is talking about. Appearing on camera saying that "now I am a coach-type thing of some sort"? Really? She stepped out of her expertise A LOT which made her realize she is not qualified nor has the experience to be giving advice to all these businesses. She was trying to fake it till you make it but her conscience and family probably gave her a reality check.

@ilovemarshmallows - glad I could inspire you! Have you seen the post on the FB group about the elephant in the room? Some people are saying to treat the elephant with love and kindness. What a load of crap.
which group is that in? M&M?

Reactions: 7
@iloveharibo yes! I saw it and I had the same thoughts as you. Somebody dared to say "I suppose that's what I'm questioning? What has she been teaching us when she's so willing to take money from people who want or in many cases need more money? And most of us are women. It doesn't make me feel like an empowered woman. It makes me feel like a fool." and someone replied with: " I think it’s extremely rare and admirable for someone to realise they’re going wrong, to stop what they’re doing" WTF, extremely rare and admirable? My jaw dropped! @mchi2el2 yes, it is one of the last posts!

She really does seem to believe that blustering something out and pretending you know what you are doing negates actually having expertise in an area .

Reactions: 4
omg I just read the threat on the M&M course... The way people are defending her makes me feel like I'm taking part in an Amway meeting 😂😂😂The rest of us (unhappy people) are probably reading and not commenting because we'll be bullied by the true believes.

Reactions: 4
I feel bad posting this as I don’t want to involve any of the women who are doing the course, but posts like these are very alarming to me and show the seriousness of it. I hope this lady got a refund.
It's so sad. Her entire paragraph makes NO SENSE. No actual goal, no plan, no business strategy, just that she will "fulfill her potential" and she is "accepting of everything she deserves". What does this even meeeaaan??!! Sounds like some apocalyptical BS that she sadly actually believes.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.