Sarah Akwisombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way Sarah is handling the fall out from this is absolutely digusting. She has 230 people in her Smashing It group waiting for an answer as to what's going on. They haven't put out the weekly Zoom content for 2 weeks now but have allowed Llewy to stay in the group and post 'lives' saying things like 'anyone questioning their professionalism has no integrity or compassion' WHAT. Why is he still in there if they've fallen out? There's a horrendous bullying vibe in the group, their cultish followers jump on anyone who dares asks questions and Sarah hasn't said a word but is apparently putting out some kind of 'statement' today. The sad thing is, as much as there are many strong minded people in the group who have already left, there are a lot of very vulnerable women who have even left relationships as a result of being told to 'leave behind dead wood' and they lap up every word both Sarah and Llewy say even when it's dangerous and inaccurate.
The fact Sarah has gone to social media instead of dealing with the fall out professionally and privately is just shocking and screams fake and damage control. Its a giant catastrophic mess and u-turn and she should be behind the scenes looking after her clients, not posting bullsh*t 'realisation' posts when only a week ago she was announcing her million, mocking women who aren't salesy enough and saying things like taking a break is failure.
Originally, Smashing It was a positive place to be, but the substance and content very quickly dropped off. I've read these posts and yes it might seem stupid that so many people fell for it, however there were many many brilliant women in there with successful businesses already. We trusted Sarah and were probably wary of Llewy to begin with but the trust in Sarah meant we got over that.
I don't for one second think she's been burnt by him, I think she knew full well what she was getting into.
You can see from the social media comments even after all of this, how much people are bought into it all yet there are a lot of very disgruntled and becoming more and more angry others.
In terms of her refunding people, they have very quickly changed tact. A lot of people on Smashing It have asked for refunds and got them, then all of a sudden yesterday she was telling people they couldn't have them because they have a 14 day refund policy so don't be fooled that they're doing the right thing because they aren't.
Its incredibly sad to watch, we're all in shock with it to be honest. Lots of people are actually feeling very traumatised with the pace at which it's fallen down, the passive aggressive social media posts between Sarah and Llewy and the confusion about what's actually happening.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
@Factsnottrash this is very insightful and not surprising at all unfortunately. tit like this needs to be called out and denounced. Those two obviously think they’re are the smartest guys in the room...

Reactions: 9
Exactly. We've all had enough. If she'd have handled it professionally I think she might have kept some respect but people are getting more and more upset with it all.

Reactions: 6
Factsnottrash thanks for the insight. I don't see any comments to this effect just gushing praise, are they deleting negative comments or am I just missing them?

Reactions: 1
If I’d have paid for one of these ‘coaching courses’ I’d start looking into trading standards. Even I didn’t think it would all come crumbling down this quickly.

Reactions: 4
Factsnottrash thanks for the insight. I don't see any comments to this effect just gushing praise, are they deleting negative comments or am I just missing them?
Thats what I meant, only gushing comments on social media from people that are on Smashing It! But I agree Sarah could be deleting negativity as I can't understand why people wouldn't go public with their anger it's that shocking. They can do no wrong! In Smashing It group however, there have been some negative questions and comments but the cheerleaders attack anyone who dares say anything. Admin actually deleted one persons slightly disgruntled post so she reposted it fuming! It's all shocking to be honest, I can't believe the support they have, people have been brainwashed.

They have put out their 'statement' which they've kept people waiting for and it basically says they are parting ways but are on good terms and will now run their own individual programmes. So still no actual information about what's happened, leaving 230 people very confused and upset.

If I’d have paid for one of these ‘coaching courses’ I’d start looking into trading standards. Even I didn’t think it would all come crumbling down this quickly.
Absolutely agree. People should be entitled to full refunds, it's a farce.

In the meantime, Llewy has already announced his new course and made digs (assuming at Sarah) on his latest insta stories. Guess when his course is running...? Monday morning at 10- same time smashing it would. He is obviously hoping to clean up any clients still interested in giving him money. That statement about them being on good terms is clearly a lie - or is it? Can’t trust a thing they say! Although they are definitely marketing geniuses as they have us all watching and waiting to see their next moves...

What a cop-out. And so unprofessional to be posting sly digs on social media. Why anyone would take advice from that wanker is beyond me. At least Sarah is showing some sort of humility and feelings, he's just coming across as an insecure, fragile ego, Trump-esque moron.

Also, I swore she said she wasn't going to paint the garden office pink?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
What a cop-out. And so unprofessional to be posting sly digs on social media. Why anyone would take advice from that wanker is beyond me. At least Sarah is showing some sort of humility and feelings, he's just coming across as an insecure, fragile ego, Trump-esque moron.

Also, I swore she said she wasn't going to paint the garden office pink?
Is she showing humility though? She isn't giving refunds or letting her paying clients know what's going on. I feel like her new found realisation is utter shite.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
@Factsnottrash Couldn’t agree with your assessment more. I gave up posting in here when I realised even skeptical people here were suggesting that she’s been a victim and is now being humble. I’m amazed that even when it’s staring everyone in the face that she’s out for the con, masquerading as a feminist for gain the same way she parades her husband and children after she makes cringey statements on race - after all that and more. Even the most skeptical think that she must be the victim. it’s really quite impressive to see in a horrifying way. I guess she knows her audience.
It’s a shame because imo those that see her as a boss or some kind of female leader are almost by definition vulnerable. It was either a con she bought into an affair or possibly both - girl power...

I look forward to her rolling out the victim card. The Trump comparison above says it all, now is the time for those characters to dump on the vulnerable in plain sight driven only by unbridled self interest. The real victims will defend them to their dying breath. Excuse me just going for a long drive to check my eyesight.

• Haha
That’s why I think it needs to be said over and over again: she has been exploiting vulnerable women during a pandemic for her own financial gain. That’s the bit she needs to address - the family stuff is personal and absolutely no excuse.

Reactions: 8
honestly find this frightening. A lot of women parted with their hard earned money to suffer the consequences of this childish fallout. I only learnt of this tattle thread when someone called it out. All i can say is - due diligence is needed always

Note her IG post "It's been selfish..."
Not even "I've been selfish..."
Her language says it all.

No accountability. No recognition or apology as of yet for dragging her smashing it crew on a smokes and mirrors course.

I believe if this Tattle thread had not flagged her, she would still be flogging these courses.

• Heart
@Factsnottrash That all sounds awful, I'm sorry. If they've charged for a service they're not providing you are definitely entitled to money back. You could even report to trading standards or the Competition and Markets Authority?

That’s why I think it needs to be said over and over again: she has been exploiting vulnerable women during a pandemic for her own financial gain. That’s the bit she needs to address - the family stuff is personal and absolutely no excuse.
You’re right the family stuff is personal. Except being pro women is front and centre of her brand. So if that has been the case... you can see where I’m going.

As for her leadership / business acumen.

Maybe, just maybe labelling your brand ‘No Bull’ is to cover up the bull in plain sight. I made a million but not really. I’m an interior designer but not really I’m apologising but not really. I want to lead women, lead them into lining my pockets at any cost to them. All very “no bull” a career as a televangelist beckons.

The church of latter day [no] bullshitters

Reactions: 6
She will 100% monetise this whole thing. I’m just waiting to see how she does it. Unfortunately there are too many desperate people out there, particularly now with job losses, who will buy into her courses

Ah I did wonder how they handled the course that is still ongoing/paid for. That sounds grim.

@Factsnottrash - thanks so much for sharing this insight! That line: We trusted Sarah and were probably wary of Llewy to begin with but the trust in Sarah meant we got over that.

I bloody knew it. He used her and she was either stupid or greedy enough to let him as he will not land with female audience at all. If you look at his content it is all bullshit blokey nonsense - watches, cars and a trophy wife. Sarah had the gold of an engaged female audience and he went for that.

The question is: did she really fail to do basic due diligence on him? if so then her savvy businesswoman spiel is dead quite frankly. If she did know and went ahead anyway with the 'fake it until you make it MLM bullshit' then that's her cred as a 'no bull business woman' is dead.

They are not talking openly about one another and there is a reason for that - they both have tit on each other and whistle blowing would cost them both. THis story is still developing. I am sorry for all those who paid for a service they won't receive.

And as for dissidents - the cultishness of this approach can really hold people in place of loyalty - it is often case with MLMs and that's what it is here. People do not want to break ranks and be cast out of what seems like a place of excitement and growth as a lot of people have been primed to see outside world as a threat to their success and would have alienated people close to them. It is basically what you said @Factsnottrash about some in the group being: very vulnerable women who have even left relationships as a result of being told to 'leave behind dead wood' and they lap up every word both Sarah and Llewy say even when it's dangerous and inaccurate.
This is really really awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Very interesting stuff Factsnottrash and cher Horowitz that just confirms what we have all been thinking on here . I guess it’s all damage limitation now isn’t it and coming out of this looking as good as possible . Thanks for the insider info , she acts like she’s made of Teflon but has let a lot of people down , I guess she will only put right the bigger names who have the platform to talk publicly about her the rest will be fobbed off , I’m glad sites like tattle exist when it comes to things like this .
I admit at the start when I started questioning things I thought naaaah she’s pretty legit and the more I looked the more I thought WTF is she up to .

Reactions: 3
just read this thread open mouthed.

Had never heard of her before and thank God I hadn't.

She needs reporting to Trading Standards if she hasn't provided the service she's been paid for. She needs to issue refunds to people.

As for him....what a waste of oxygen,

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.