Sarah Akwisombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish there was more regulation about Instagram for businesses. What she was doing was unethical and probably just about legal. She’s surely paying the price as from a reputation perspective this is a big faux pas, and she knew what she was doing. The fact that she took advantage of the pandemic makes it even worse. She guilt tripped women into buying her courses by making them feel inadequate about their attitude to money. It’s good that she apologised but she probably had no other choice!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Finally! I’m so happy she has realised!
it’s obviously not an affair- how on earth would that manage that, and they have absolutely no chemistry... I think she just realised on her own (maybe after reading here or family gently saying something) because she seems so strong minded in general. Her mentor seems like such an asshole, I’m glad they have stopped working together, she doesn’t need him!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just proof that the internet is the biggest circle jerk ever 😂. Followed Sarah a few months back following a recommendation on the Emma Drew thread that Sarah’s account was a really good, inspiring gram to follow. Now down the line I’m here to get the t on what the hell has happened 🙈

I really like Sarah. I hope that she gets back on track and recovers from whatever is going on. But I have to say name checking tattle when you’re only 15 pages in on thread 1 is a little self indulgent 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
But I have to say name checking tattle when you’re only 15 pages in on thread 1 is a little self indulgent 🙄
Hahaha, so true. And this thread only started when she began to morph into the weird, money obsessed stranger!

Do you think when she saw us saying 'pyramid scheme' and 'MLM' she suddenly realised that's exactly what she was doing? And that's why she stopped?

Reactions: 2
Hahaha, so true. And this thread only started when she began to morph into the weird, money obsessed stranger!

Do you think when she saw us saying 'pyramid scheme' and 'MLM' she suddenly realised that's exactly what she was doing? And that's why she stopped?
Yep I think she thought no one had any idea what she was up to and was that used to her echo chamber and friends cheering her every move that it was a wake up call .

Reactions: 4
I’d like to think she’s too smart not to know what she was doing. Something happened.

Reactions: 1
That’s why I think there should be some regulation as Instagram is too open to misrepresentation (ultimately leading to vulnerable people parting with their money). If you look at the IG of some of those women on the courses, you see the same pattern appearing and weird stories about “my mentor told me to share why I’m great and worth it”. That’s damaging to a business reputation, no one will take them seriously if they go on about that boss mega babe hun tit. It’s just middle class instafeminism.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That’s why I think there should be some regulation as Instagram is too open to misrepresentation (ultimately leading to vulnerable people parting with their money). If you look at the IG of some of those women on the courses, you see the same pattern appearing and weird stories about “my mentor told me to share why I’m great and worth it”. That’s damaging to a business reputation, no one will take them seriously if they go on about that boss mega babe hun tit. It’s just middle class instafeminism.

Completely agree. I work in the wellness industry and a number of accounts I know off were all coached by the same "mentor" and are all creating membership groups with monthly fees like 22.22 or 33.33.

The charlatan nature of Influencers aside, something has gone very seriously wrong here. How can someone on the ST list, writing about making money, lose a million in a day. It's not like she had 20m and 1 to spare.

I'm surprised we haven't seen any new member journalists lurking on here, they usually pick up on stories like this.

Also, what was the "duck Tattle" about, just this thread?

Yeah this is the only thread on her , she did better than most influencers I thought as we didn’t drag her completely I’d say the majority of stuff was true. She even got a few compliments in to massage her ego a bit .The ST list can be manipulated by pre orders I think .

So did she manifest her money to duck off then ?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The million was an inflated misrepresentation which she was using to lure more women into buying her courses (“I did it and I can teach you how to do it”). It’s like I pitch a product and get £1m of preorders but then once it comes down to production my factory can’t handle the volume and have to cancel the sales and return the deposit. Part of it was legitimate I’m sure (eg book sales). So it’s not that she lost it, she just never really made it.

• Wow
  • Heart
The million was an inflated misrepresentation which she was using to lure more women into buying her courses (“I did it and I can teach you how to do it”). It’s like I pitch a product and get £1m of preorders but then once it comes down to production my factory can’t handle the volume and have to cancel the sales and return the deposit. Part of it was legitimate I’m sure (eg book sales). So it’s not that she lost it, she just never really made it.

It sounds as if she was very sucked in by the show guy.

Reactions: 1
I as almost been waiting for this bubble to burst. Always listen to your gut. Mum sure she will explain att some poin. Good that she has cancelled & refunded. Wishing her well♥

I have followed her for years now and actually was always rather fond of her content (interiors, family even NBBS) but the recent developments were really turning me off. The recent events are weirdly fascinating too.

Sarah said that she is joining the dots having been seemingly swept in this but this guy had zero cred to start with - sorry. His Insta and its low engagement it is WOEFUL. It's a sign of a fake, bought follower bots. Looking at his stats v Sarah's stats, he must have been in heaven that she gave him the time of day in the first place as he really isn't anybody on Insta AT ALL and she drove traffic and credibility to him. I am surprised that someone like her did not clock it at the outset. Doing some digging on the social media presence of this guy and his company from publicly available sources like Companies House but ultimately joining the dots (as Sarah would say) few things are huge red flags:

This guy appeared on Insta in 2018 (? – can’t see further on available stats) and his following jumped by 30K in a one month in 2019 (really?) and then remained steady with trickle of following actually going down and a terrible ER - one look at Social Blade reveals that

He talks about Financial freedom (trigger MLM phrase) without offering any actual tangible advice on how to achieve it apart from banging on about 'mindset' (again standard tactic but not dissimilar from SA's so that;s why they hit it off)

His entire social media MO is showing off signifiers of wealth - nothing else. For all we know the cars could be hired and the house rented. Pictures of lined up watches on a car bonnet - WTF? By the way – his brother who co-owns the coaching company they run shares the same pictures. Are they sharing the watches?

His company Champions of Mind has been set up in 2017 - have a look at their accounts - publicly available through Companies House - we are talking about company that had 65K in assets and 55K in creditors last year and three directors taking loans out at 15 K each - that's it

There is also a company that he has with his brother – they were called the Terrible Twins (this is where TTT in TTTofficialuk comes from by the way) – again – I am looking at accounts with cash in bank of 40K as of last year and these sorts of figures over the years

Sorry, but that does not look like a 7 figure income he's boasting about from publicly available legit information sources. Happy to stand corrected if there are other revenue streams that we are not seeing here – maybe property? But if it were property wouldn’t he banging on about that rather than the cars/watches? By the way – the property coaching market is so saturated with tricksters that that’s not a guarantee of anything. The Champions of Mind Facebook page has some pretty eye opening reviews about them being rip off merchants and allegations of those cars being some second hand 12k old cars with screenshots of them being advertised on autotrader. It may be that the first million he ever got a sight of was that million that Sarah made for them. He featured her A LOT in his feed as I guarantee you she was his meal ticket to credibility, not the other way around.

This tit does not add up. I am smelling standard MLM musclehunbot nonsense where the all of the wealth is a bait but there is not much behind it and this is just me digging this morning for half an hour.

Actually good on her speaking up as a lot of people don’t out of shame in those situations although she held back on detail but my guess is that she finally looked up the very details I found and realised that she was taken in and that actually he wouldn’t lose on this (after all he hasn't really got a strong brand or product) but she would lose all her credibility on insta which really *is* her business.

Hope she recovers from that and shares her story fully because with Covid biting on finance front it will be a go to strategy for MLMers of all kinds so getting this out in the open would be useful. Llewy was on his insta the other day already flogging his 'solutions' to recession. <vom>

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I think he stole her money . I think she signed something with him which stated that any proceeds of their coaching woudl belong to him - or something like that.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.