Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
D

Deleted member 14542

She has said she doesn't mind her kids swearing at home. But then I saw or heard her say she'd berrated bad language.

It's the crafted narrative, forged girl gangs and the inconsistencies that are my biggest bugbear.

I too have thought the Sistas circuit is not so unlike jobs for the boys. They just host and interview each other. Odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7

Mselvista

VIP Member
I don't know either re botox. Sali has IMO always been a bit evasive as to treatments but upthread someone quoted her as saying she sometimes has 'a weak dilute' of Botox. Of course her it's business but if you are flogging sorry recommending anti aging creams you should I think declare if you have had anti aging treatments. No one would care or judge - it is just a matter of honesty. She is very keen to have #no filter on her photos.
The same IMO as when Fern Britton was flogging slimming products without declaring she had had her stomach stapled.
I completely agree. I'm actually disgusted by it. I think it amounts to making a career out of women's insecurities and adding to unrealistic beauty standards. All in the name of feminism.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
She is so very very snippy😁 and the kind of person who is so easily wound up when strangers on the internet dare to tweet their different opinions to her.

“I’m not lying, my husband was there”😁.

Ella77

Seriously, does Sali rush to smear products on her face as soon as they’re mentioned? How does she manage it while holding down 5 jobs?

• Haha

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I think what I have only just truly realised is she doesn’t actually have a skill. She isn’t an author, the books she has put out really took no writing ability, there are several women on her FB group who possibly know just as much about skincare and makeup. She isn’t a radio personality, truly does not have the voice for it. The term journalist for her isn’t too accurate either. She is a bandwagon jumper and completely shameless self promoter, professional attention seeker?

PJMcZ

The “us authors” Judith Kerr story was so embarrassing, as was the diet camp dressed up as a “writer’s retreat”. Total fantasist. Sali’s books probably average 15 words per page, they’re mainly pictures - the one about the queen is just a picture book with a few Hello magazine captions. The main name on the front should be the person in the legal department of the publisher who had to license the photos. Can’t believe she has the brass neck to place herself in the same universe as Judith Kerr, or any other genuine author. She’s one of those rare women who could do with a bit more Imposter Syndrome, because frankly she is one. She’s built a false identity on the rather rickety foundations of some make-up reviews, desperate networking/ arselicking, and a fake back-story (“We were so poor BUT my mum wore Chanel perfume every day and I had a bottle of Dior at age 11”).

Last edited:

Addabaddaboo

God, that behind the ear tattoo is tacky.
She doesn’t do well with tattoos, the moz quote hasn’t aged well with her liberal sensibilities. And the flowery one on her shoulder looks like one of those canvas prints you can buy from B&M, all it needs is Live Love Laugh scrolled underneath.

• Haha

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I stopped reading Caroline Hirons blog as I felt she became too aggressive and a bit of a nasty twat. I then started reading more of what Sali wrote but I’ve gone off her as well because she too is smug . The way she turned on Esther Coren a few weeks ago that resulted in Esther being targeted by nasty tears was well below the belt.

Jaeme

So true! I consider myself a feminist but the Pool was so far up its own ass and fake-woke that it made me seriously hate women (I’m joking 🙃)
The thing that annoyed me most about it was when it closed down Sali was tweeting a gofundme to pay all the freelancers.
Fuck off and pay them some of your own ad earnings!!

Palm23

My thoughts exactly. I'm gobsmacked anyone could think she handed him his arse on a plate. Seemed more an exercise on showing off how she was a journo in the know.
Calling OJ a narcissist when she spent an entire weekend increasingly personally offended on behalf of an entire industry due to his retweet. I suspect it hit a nerve given her BFF Caitlin writes for The Times.

Personally I'd find it hard to live with someone whose politics and voting preference is in large part responsible for the very poverty I set up a charity to address.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Isn’t the wet wipes thing from Caroline Hirons? Flights fannies and festivals I believe she used to say. Not sure why anybody really needs wet wipes when they are glamping with a shower tho 😂

When a columnist has to shut down comments after years of really good posts, there's trouble at mill.

l don't even read it now as too heavily moderated. Purely to shut down people questioning her face and the ethics of filler use while flogging anti aging creams.
Expensive stuff for teens is indicative of how ridiculous she has become.
Exactly this. I have absolutely zero issues with people getting botox and fillers. But when your job is essentially recommending creams and make-up to women in their 30s, I feel you have a duty to be transparent. Like I said, I don't care either way if people get botox but I do take issue when people lie about it and say their youthful appearance is down to certain creams, drinking lots of water and whatnot.

NoseyP2019

Tory Husband now suggesting modernist style book cover obvs stolen from the wife.
Ffs that is a tenuous claim. Personally I think her covers are copies of numerous other book covers. I doubt anyone would think “ooh I’ll copy the cover of that seminal masterpiece about Sali hughes’s favourite (sponsored) beauty products”.

• Haha

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
I used to love the In The Bathroom series; her past guests were interesting, had something to say and it really was more about how they do their hair/make up etc, think Brix Smith-Smart, Gizzi Erskine.

Now it's a hollow bland shell just promoting the latest celebrity or MUA who has come out with a collection. Pretending to be BFF with Drew Barrymore was embarrassing for all parties.

NoseyP2019

Everyone should screen grab incidents of criticism and Salis responses. She’s attempting to control the narrative on all her platforms and it would be handy to have a record of them here.
I wish I had thought to. It was ridiculous. She came down on them so hard and they were being very reasonable, polite and flattering to her. She then twisted it into a feminist thing about having a right to do whatever you want to your face and her fans all piled in in agreement. That would be true if it wasn’t that she makes money selling products which she claims achieve the impact that her cosmetic treatments are actually achieving. She also mentioned this website.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She’s so infuriating. She’s just posted about nude ballet pumps and how it hadn't occurred to her that the pink was skin coloured. She’s followed it up with a ‘Well that went well’ as though people had really gone for her. All the responses I saw were perfectly pleasant. Linking between plasters and nude nail polish etc which she’s passively aggressively responded that yes of course she knew that. Why does she have such disdain for her followers?
Yes exactly. I've just read it all and people seemed perfectly amiable in their replies, just musing over stuff really. But she has to present it as a Twitter storm because she is so feisty and controversial. Await an article next. Oh no sadly The Pool is defunct. And why did she have to slip in the humblebrag about wearing Manolos to her wedding? (She's married btw in case you didn't know).

Palm23

It's the manufactured outrage on twitter that really gets me....she's getting like Katie Hopkins. She goes mad when someone disagrees then complains about twitter. She was getting her knickers in a twist about books on periods yesterday, then got furious when people disagreed with her. I used to really like her too, but I've been put off by the constant name dropping, the desperation to be cool, the deception over ads and surgery, the twitter fury.